Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Like Tree40Likes

Sky Q

This is a discussion on Sky Q within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; If you want to know easily how much sky q is going to cost you, without calling up sky. Click ...

lettice is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub (no Sky Q here, hub is for sky+hd and sky broadband)
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Q

If you want to know easily how much sky q is going to cost you, without calling up sky.

Click on the sky q build link (you must be logged into your skyid).
      Buy Sky Q - Your wireless home entertainment system

It will carry over your current costs/discounts/phone and broadband. All current discounts are honoured. It will then detail your monthly cost.

For me, there is the £149 (Sky Q Silver smart features fee of £99 and install fee of £50) setup and an extra £12.80 a month.
      Its all based on the sky q silver by default.

Some interesting terms and conditions on the build page;

When you upgrade to Sky Q you will keep the products you already have, including Sky Talk, Sky Talk Line Rental and Sky Movies and/or Sky Sports.
      Your Sky Multiscreen boxes don't work with either Sky Q bundle. These have to be replaced by Sky Q Mini boxes - one comes at no cost with the Sky Q Silver bundle.
      With Sky Q you can watch shows on your main TV and two others at the same time.
      Sky Q boxes, including the remotes supplied with them, and the Sky Q Hub are loaned to you by Sky at no cost and must be returned when the Sky service they are used with ends.
      If you subscribe to any other channels, such as BT Sport or Setanta Sports, which are billed separately to your Sky bill - please make your Sky engineer aware of this when he/she installs your Sky Q box. The engineer will explain how you can continue viewing these channels after the Sky Q equipment has been installed. You may also need to speak to the channel provider(s).
      18 month minimum subscription for your Sky Q package. Sky Q - £42-£54 per month (pm). Sky Movies (£17pm extra), Sky Sports (£25.50pm extra), Sky Broadband Unlimited (£10pm), Sky Fibre/Unlimited (£10/£20pm), Sky Talk (from £0pm), Line Rental (£17.40pm). Smart features fee: £249 for recording and related features with Sky Q or £299 with Sky Q Silver. Discounted to £99 if you add, or already have Sky Movies, Sky Sports 1&2 or add and to agree, or already have, a new 18 month minimum subscriptions for Sky Broadband Unlimited or Sky Fibre/Unlimited plus Sky Talk & Line Rental, at their standard price. One discount per household and not available in conjunction with other offers. Discount not available to existing Sky TV customers with HD or Multiscreen subscription upgrading to Sky Q.
      Smart connectivity fee: £49 for enhanced in-home connectivity when using the Sky Q Hub with Sky Q boxes. Features require Sky Q box, subscription, app and compatible tablet (Sky Help: Sky Q app supported devices) or Sky Q Mini connected to home broadband. Sky Q Silver box and subscription and Sky Q Mini required to watch on another TV screen. For optimal network performance we recommended that the main Sky Q connects to no more than four Sky Q Mini boxes. In home: watch recordings included in your Sky Q channel pack and most free to air channels. See Sky Help: Sky Q terms and conditions for more information. Red Button and BBC on demand content unavailable via Sky Q App. Out of home: Save selected recordings from last 90 days from the main Sky Q box or download on demand programmes to compatible tablet connected to home broadband. Finished recordings may be unavailable to sync for up to a few hours. Two syncs/downloads per programme. Content deleted from device 48 hours after viewing starts or no later than 30 days after sync/download. Sky Q: 700GB personal storage. Sky Q Silver: 1.7TB personal storage . 300GB storage reserved by Sky. On Demand: Min. recommended broadband speed, SD: 2 Mbps & HD: 6 Mbps. Downloads count toward usage cap. Downloads may expire from planner. Selected channels/programmes on catch up. Selection of series available with Sky Box Sets & varies each month. Sky Sports 1&2 required for Sky Sports. Sky Store costs extra. 3D requires activation.
      The third party Pay TV providers currently operating on the Sky UK platform are as follows:

AIT International
      BoxNation
      BT Sport
      Nollywood Movies
      Premier Sports
      Playboy TV
      Racing UK
      RedHot
      Setanta Sports
      Television X

The Sky Q subscription will not include the ability to watch any services from any of these providers on the Sky Q Mini box or the Sky Q app.

Red Button content is not available to watch via the Sky Q Mini box or the Sky Q app and content is not available to download onto any Sky Q devices.
      Not for us at the moment, will wait till all my discounts run out in the summer.
      Did get to see it in action last night and it was ok, no real WOW factor though over what we have now.
      Might see of I can get the new broadband hub though.
      Last edited by lettice; 09-02-16 at 09:19 AM.

2. Advertisement
      terryf is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: retford
      Router: Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q silver
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lettice View Post
      If you want to know easily how much sky q is going to cost you, without calling up sky.

Click on the sky q build link (you must be logged into your skyid).
      Buy Sky Q - Your wireless home entertainment system

It will carry over your current costs/discounts/phone and broadband. All current discounts are honoured. It will then detail your monthly cost.

For me, there is the £149 (Sky Q Silver smart features fee of £99 and install fee of £50) setup and an extra £12.80 a month.
      Its all based on the sky q silver by default.

Some interesting terms and conditions on the build page;
      Done it. Extra £1.50 for me and as I was able to cancel Sky Protect I am now in profit.
      Terry

reddwarfcrew is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lettice View Post
      All current discounts are honoured. It will then detail your monthly cost.
      Doesn't honour my discounts,

Your selection
      Current monthly cost£83.40
      Without offers £114.15

What you've added£126.90
      Minimum 18 month contract
      Sky Q Silver TV£79.50
      Sky Q bundle
      Sky Q Silver bundle
      New total monthly cost £126.90
      One-off cost£149
      Equipment cost£0

coipu is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EADER
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Asus RT-AC68U
      Sky TV: HUMAX
      Thanks

I see on twitter orders are open. I pity the fools and am jealous of people with enough money not to care.

lettice is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub (no Sky Q here, hub is for sky+hd and sky broadband)
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reddwarfcrew View Post
      Doesn't honour my discounts,

Your selection
      Current monthly cost£83.40
      Without offers £114.15

What you've added£126.90
      Sky Q Silver TV£79.50
      Sky Q bundle
      Sky Q Silver bundle
      New total monthly cost £126.90
      One-off cost£149
      Equipment cost£0
      Ah!, form what I am seeing elsewhere, apparently its not carrying over any tv package discounts, only the broadband, line rental and phone ones. Line rental/broadband is where my discounts are.
      Is that the case for you?

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bru View Post
      Well that just seems a step backwards, if you cannot have more than one box with a HDD. 2TB at that.

I didn't realise they were using 2.5" drives, lol, I just assumed 3.5" as it is cheaper.
      There are some advantages to using a smaller drive in that they tend to generate less heat and are smaller too.

The disadvantage is current capacities. Currently you could purchase a 6TB or 8TB 3.5" drive. This would be fantastic for those who love to keep their recordings, but you should ask "just how much would they keep"?

Until everything is moved across to 4K or even 8K, such capacity is going to be a little mute.

Perhaps one particular issue that all the manufacturers in Europe are now having to consider in environmental constraints. I would imagine that the 2.5" drive is going to require less electricity to power over it's lifetime than the equivalent 3.5" drive. If you take into account fans, as well as actual power consumed by the drive, then the 3.5" does seem to need more.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

reddwarfcrew is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

Nah mine are all TV discounts.... I'll be going for my fibre discount when I contact them trying to blag a new hub as I can get a cheaper fibre with BT and a free better quality hub.

mikelane is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Pinner
      Router: Sagem SR102
      Thanks

Tried the Sky Q Build link above and it came up with an extra £32/month as all TV discounts were removed. On that basis I will have to wait until the discounts run out. I do get many 4K broadcasts already by using the satellite tuner built into my LG TV and USALS to drive my dish as well as films on Amazon Prime. So will have to wait and see what sort of a premium Sky put on 4K.

marjohn56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cricklewood
      Router: HG612B + pfSense 2.3.3.a.20160903.1846
      Sky TV: DRX890c 2Tb
      Thanks

Would not even let me start an order, apparently I am within 30 days of the last change.

Apart from that, no discounts carried forward? They can wait then until they expire, there's no rush.

@reddwarfcrew - That's a considerable increase! circa 50%, are they barking?
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      To every rule there is an exception, and vice versa
      -----------------------------------------------------------

Moxey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Redditch
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2TB + Mini
      Thanks

For me it only has the silver bundle option available and quoting me 12.75 extra/month, there seems to be no way to switch it to the cheaper Q bundle option even when clicking the 'personalise your package further' link

Your selection
      Current monthly cost£83.15

What you've added£95.90
      Sky Q Silver TV£50.50
      Sky Q bundle
      Sky Q Silver bundle
      New total monthly cost £95.90
      One-off cost£149

Really annoyed that it seems you cant take the cheaper Q bundle option and pay extra 1-off to add a mini when I have no interest in UHD and will never need more than 1 mini which the Q box is supposed to be able to support but also it seems I cant even opt for the Q box even without a mini and being forced to take the Silver box

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast