Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Sky Results for last three months

This is a discussion on Sky Results for last three months within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Residential Broadband and Telephony Sky announced its new broadband internet access service, Sky Broadband, on 18 July 2006 and implemented ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Sky Results for last three months

Residential Broadband and Telephony

Sky announced its new broadband internet access service, Sky Broadband, on 18 July 2006 and implemented a controlled provisioning process in anticipation of high levels of customer demand. Following an initial period of registrations only, the Group commenced provisioning in mid August. At 31 October 2006, around one million customers had registered their interest in Sky Broadband and the Group had received 113,000 orders. Of these, 74,000 customers’ broadband lines had been activated, 65,000 (88%) of which were located within Sky’s network. The vast majority of these customers were activated within 15 working days of their booking date. At this early stage the mix of products chosen is encouraging, with over half of customers taking a paid-for broadband package, reflecting the offering’s high quality and compelling value. The Group had a further 35,000 customers registered to UK Online, Easynet’s residential broadband service, bringing the total number of broadband customers to

Sky’s broadband provisioning process is designed to ensure that customer demand is managed in an efficient manner. After the launch announcement, the Group’s TV customers were invited by letter to register their interest in Sky Broadband. Following registration, customers have been invited on a phased basis to order the Sky Broadband product of their choice in accordance with network coverage. This has allowed the Group to maintain a controlled approach to customer provisioning and to manage the increase in the rate of customer orders from an average of 950 per week during August to around 10,000 per week during September and October. This rate has accelerated further and the Group is currently processing around 20,000 orders a week. The recent launch of ‘eSales’, the Group’s online ordering tool, will facilitate further this acceleration in customer activations and reduce demand placed on the call centres.

At 31 October 2006, 602 exchanges had been handed over by BT OpenReach for Easynet equipment installation, of which 540 had been unbundled, (representing 36% of UK homes passed). The Group remains on track to meet its target network coverage of 50% of UK homes by December 2006 and 70% of UK homes by December 2007. Following the re-launch of the Group’s telephony offering on 18 July (unlimited anytime calls to another UK landline for 5 per month), Sky Talk recorded its highest rate of subscriber growth for over two years. At 31 October 2006, 49,000 customers had signed up to the 5 per month anytime call package, with 18% of broadband customers taking this telephony product. The total number of Sky Talk customers was 204,000.

original document here
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 05-11-06 at 03:59 AM.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      djjerryatric is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01375
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited - that's a laugh!
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      Nice, crisp soundbites. Typical of the PR "talking up" that you get nowadays from so many corporate bodies. I know. I work for a Local Council and they're full of it.
      Not a word of dissent, Not a flicker of anything going wrong. It's like the Chinese News channel on Sky TV. All up - nothing down. Well we know better don't we folks?
      It doesn't need an announcement. Just the lack of response by the tech guys. The floundering of the people at the call centre. The pitifully low download speeds. The disconnections. the bad feeling. Now the PR job. And us. The disaffected. It's one big fairy-dairy-land in the world of big business nowadays.
      Well I'm old enough to know better, because I've seen em come and I've seen em go and the only thing that's changed over the years is the thin veneer of "quality" that they try to smear over everything they do now

djjerryatric is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01375
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited - that's a laugh!
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks
      just a quick analysis of some of the soundbites.

"Controlled provisioning process" It was controlled? By who? Frank Spencer?

"The vast majority were activated within 15 days" Notice it didn't use the word "successfully"

"high quality" ????????????? compelling value. We weren't compelled - we were fooled...................

I say again. I know em. I work with em everyday. They're aliens. They use a newspeak. They have hundreds of meetings. Everything is up. Except it isn't.

SGit is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Let's see the numbers in a year.
      I was expecting some minor teething troubles but fluctuating speeds, initial lockups & disconections plus lack of info' have turned this into a less than enjoyable experience. Other ISPs give you webspace, and support forums so you don't have to spend a fortune on telephone charges.
      Some of the annoyances may just be down to the very nature of ADSL2 & LLU but Sky, like many others, just don't come across as having organised a new "product" roll-out very well.
      Anyway, I promise I won't be on SkyBB at the end of the contract even if things magically improve ..... & I may as well dump their TV as well.

foofightin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stony Stratford SMSSF
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I read the whole release - made me cringe!

geeewar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Paisley
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

What crap...

Lovely piece of scripture there... I have just recently cancelled with these muppets due to the worst CS i have ever encountered in my life. I would have got better CS from Basil Fawlty..

Screw you Sky !!!