Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Like Tree25Likes

Sky TV Price rise June 2015

This is a discussion on Sky TV Price rise June 2015 within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by gymno Well, all i can say is either wait for the letter to arrive or give them ...

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL2+ ~6Mb
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ & mini box
      Thanks

Re: Sky TV Price rise June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by gymno View Post
      Well, all i can say is either wait for the letter to arrive or give them a ring like my relative did & ask what your future bills are going to be.
      You might be surprised.

All my relative did today was phone & ask to switch from their 'variety HD' legacy package to the current equivalent family bundle.
      They've known for ages that they could save 2.75 per month by doing this...
      (25.50 variety + 10.25 HD = 35.75 vs. 33 family bundle).
      ...But always wanted to keep the F1 channel.
      That was until last weekends' lacklustre spectacle of a 'sport' where we all already know what team is going to win.

I digress.
      So anyway, the chap was very professional & while explaining what the next 3 bills will be & why, he also explained the price rise & revealed the automatic loyalty discount which was obviously a complete surprise.
      Incidentally, he also quoted exactly how long they'd been with sky down to the day.

I've no idea why the first one is so low, however my relative insists that having paid 35.75 per month for variety HD since last september, bills for family bundle will now go like this:
      33.50 thereafter.
      You know they have a 2.50 price freeze discount hence Variety is 25.50 not 28?
      So if they go to Family they get the price freeze discount maintained as they have upgraded so Family will be 33.50 from June instead of 36.00 but if they had upgraded a few months ago the price would have been 30.50 and it would still be going up to 33.50 .

The first one is so low because they've upgraded just before their payment date so they've overpaid ~5 on the month so that month is now at a rate of 30.50 but they are paying 35.75 for it so they get just over 5 back.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

2. Advertisement
      gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Blimey they don't make it easy do they.

Firstly, the chap described the 2.50 off as a "loyalty discount".
      Then i've always been told that i'll lose my own 3.50 price freeze discount the moment i change my package.
      Lastly, how can variety HD to family be considered an upgrade when the only changes are that they'll lose the f1 channel + sports & movies in HD if they added them?

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Not sure about cancelling HD but Variety to Family is definitely an upgrade.

stereohaven is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Asus RT-AC56U
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 2TB Box
      Thanks

Told Wifey about the price increase yesterday, asked her whether we should keep it after our deal expires assuming I can get a new discount. Her exact words were: "they can stick it!".

I think that's a no then.
      Angel_Rex and mcphailan. like this.

mickr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Verwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

As stated I have not received a letter about loyalty discount yet, but I did get a circular come through door today offering 50% off any bundle and 50% broadband for new customers for a year. so it makes there loyalty discount offer very poor if true. If they stopped all the giveaways there would be no need to put the prices up. loyal customers are once again getting raw deal

Mickr
      dog-man and wizard200 like this.

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

They probably wouldn't have needed to raise the price if they weren't paying silly money for the rights to broadcast football matches.

It reminds me of the inflated prices that mobile phone companies were willing to pay to secure 3G mobile phone licences. Not sure whether I am comparing like with like but the 4G auctions only raised one tenth as much so hopefully at least the mobile phone companies are coming to their senses.
      wizard200 likes this.

mcphailan. is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: South Harrow
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Whilst I am delighted that my Original Pack not going up, I still think it's not fair they screwing other subscribers ESPECIALLY those that don't watch sport!
      Last edited by mcphailan.; 24-03-15 at 12:58 PM.

B J
      B J is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

To get a call back from retensions do i have to have all marketing , phone calls, mail, and email etc, ticked to allow this in mysky account.
      His name was nut, Mr P Nut.

placcychicken is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCGAR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

We had a few discounts applied to our package a while ago when I last threatened to cancel. These ran out last month and I never did anything about it, the direct debit this month was for 142. I nearly fell through the floor, rang up today and told em to switch it off. 142 a month is way beyond anything I would consider value for money.
      Time to look elsewhere for our TV.

Ryan1992 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wishaw
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I was given an online retention offer that included the old pricing ; I wasn't made aware of any price increase. Received the confirmation email a day later and it noted the price would increase after 60 days. Got onto the chat again to essentially cancel the deal as I wasn't too happy - only 3 yeah but it's the principle. They could only apologise but stated this didn't nullify the contract!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast