Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Like Tree25Likes

Sky TV Price rise June 2015

This is a discussion on Sky TV Price rise June 2015 within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Hello Gymno If the early reports are true this will be a really positive move by Sky towards long term ...

wizard200 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gatwick
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited + Sky Talk
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: sky+HD 2TB box
      Thanks

Re: Sky TV Price rise June 2015

Hello Gymno
      If the early reports are true this will be a really positive move by Sky towards
      long term customers for a change instead of all the goodies for new customers
      only ..........
      which will please an awful lot of people .
      I love sky catch up / box sets / plus many of the channels but I just wish I could
      drop the channels I never watch !! would that be great or what ........

Now where is that Beer : Just a Thought

2. Advertisement
      dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Billion 7800N
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

2.50 is not really much of a discount though, especially if the customer has been with them for a long time.
      I have been with them since the first days of analogue.
      vfx likes this.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by wizard200 View Post
      Hello Gymno
      If the early reports are true this will be a really positive move by Sky towards
      long term customers for a change instead of all the goodies for new customers
      only ..........

Now where is that Beer : Just a Thought

I know.

2.50 may not seem huge but per month, every single month for 6 years loyalty seems very good to me.

I could be wrong but if things go the way i think they might now, this price rise in june might turn out to be meaningless for many existing customers.

Those early reports were by folks claiming to have already received the letter & had a loyalty discount of 10.
      Perhaps they've been with sky for 15 or 20 years?

Either way, i think this is a phenomenal move by sky.

vfx
      vfx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub 2 SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD x4 MS
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gymno View Post
      It appears that early reports of automatic loyalty discounts may turn out to be quite widespread soon.

A relative had reason to phone sky today & the agent casually mentioned that they will have a loyalty discount applied to their account from 1st may of 2.50.
      That means that the 3 increase for the family bundle subscription will really only be 50p for them.

They've been with sky for just over 6 years with just the equivalent of the family bundle & never had any other offer or discount.
      Bizarre. I've been with Sky since 1991 full package and never had any discounts apart from loss of service once. Never anything to do with loyal customer.

Quote Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
      2.50 is not really much of a discount though, especially if the customer has been with them for a long time.
      I have been with them since the first days of analogue.
      Exactly.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by vfx View Post
      Bizarre. I've been with Sky since 1991 full package and never had any discounts apart from loss of service once. Never anything to do with loyal customer.
      Well, all i can say is either wait for the letter to arrive or give them a ring like my relative did & ask what your future bills are going to be.
      You might be surprised.

All my relative did today was phone & ask to switch from their 'variety HD' legacy package to the current equivalent family bundle.
      They've known for ages that they could save 2.75 per month by doing this...
      (25.50 variety + 10.25 HD = 35.75 vs. 33 family bundle).
      ...But always wanted to keep the F1 channel.
      That was until last weekends' lacklustre spectacle of a 'sport' where we all already know what team is going to win.

I digress.
      So anyway, the chap was very professional & while explaining what the next 3 bills will be & why, he also explained the price rise & revealed the automatic loyalty discount which was obviously a complete surprise.
      Incidentally, he also quoted exactly how long they'd been with sky down to the day.

I've no idea why the first one is so low, however my relative insists that having paid 35.75 per month for variety HD since last september, bills for family bundle will now go like this:
      33.50 thereafter.
      Last edited by gymno; 21-03-15 at 08:07 PM. Reason: come on down - the price is right (now)

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gymno View Post
      Those early reports were by folks claiming to have already received the letter & had a loyalty discount of 10.
      Perhaps they've been with sky for 15 or 20 years?

Either way, i think this is a phenomenal move by sky.
      I have been with Sky for 20 years and have not been sent such a letter and your post is the first I have seen of this mentioned on the internet. While I have no reason to disbelieve what you say I can't help but wonder if the advisor was saying what he thought might happen rather than what is (or is not as the case might be) as they tend to do sometimes.

tech3475 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vfx View Post
      Have you tried calling them? Last year I managed to get my grandad 50% off for a year by just asking them.

The other option is to leave, wait a few months and chances are they'll send you an offer.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      I have been with Sky for 20 years and have not been sent such a letter and your post is the first I have seen of this mentioned on the internet. While I have no reason to disbelieve what you say I can't help but wonder if the advisor was saying what he thought might happen rather than what is (or is not as the case might be) as they tend to do sometimes.
      Post #18 of this very thread:
      Sky TV Price rise June 2015
      Quote Originally Posted by lettice
      Yes and as others are saying, the letters are offering 10 a month loyalty bonus for next year.
      Presumably taken from several posts earlier on in this thread from elsewhere:
      Sky TV prices will rise on 1st June - Page 10 - Sky - Digital Spy Forums
      Last edited by gymno; 21-03-15 at 09:30 PM. Reason: added 'presumably'

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub (no Sky Q here, hub is for sky+hd and sky broadband)
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

@gymno
      There are a few on digital spy that I have seen, but its been mentioned elsewhere too, here are the single posts;

Digital Spy Forums - View Single Post - Sky TV prices will rise on 1st June
      Digital Spy Forums - View Single Post - Sky TV prices will rise on 1st June

There were some mentions of people getting the same in broadcasting forums too and a few in the comments on if I recall correctly the telegraph or daily mail price rise articles.
      In all these cases it seems to be targeted at those who took out the sky sports free broadband offer last summer, hope they are right
      This is the first time I have seen a loyalty offer come from sky this way, normally when you ring up they offer you one after a little negotiation, but not so upfront.

Re those saying they never get a discount, have they ever asked, they have not in the past just applied an offer without a CC intervention.
      Much like, when your insurance renews, you do not accept what they state. You ring up, say this quote is too high compared to what I can get elsewhere and they then go sway for a short time and say ok here is a new reduced quote.
      Mind for my insurance and electric, both have gone down over the last few years so have not had to do anything about it.

Last few days I have looked elsewhere, more curious than anything else.
      BT just does not come close to what I require and I would never put up with that awful youview box and from all the BT users I know, none of them are happy.
      Virgin now offers pretty much the same as I would require for sky, but it ends up after a small discounted period being 30 more expensive a month than sky (that would include having to take out a now tv entertainment sub as I would require sky atlantic), with all the addons. It does give you 150mb broadband speed, daft! My reliable sky 19.5mb broadband unlimited does me very well today.

mickr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Verwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      Like yourself I have been with sky over 20 years and I have not received a letter either. I am getting a small discount on the variety package at moment but that ends soon, so I will be looking to get another deal.

Mickr

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast