Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Like Tree25Likes

Sky TV Price rise June 2015

This is a discussion on Sky TV Price rise June 2015 within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by mcphailan. LOL. Yes I turn it off off and watch reruns of Why Don't You Just Switch ...

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky TV Price rise June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by mcphailan. View Post
      LOL.

Yes I turn it off off and watch reruns of Why Don't You Just Switch Off Your Television Set and Go Out and Do Something Less Boring Instead?
      You could summarise it in three little words, "Get a life." but where would Sky be if everyone followed that maxim?

2. Advertisement
      mcphailan. is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: South Harrow
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      You could summarise it in three little words, "Get a life." but where would Sky be if everyone followed that maxim?
      They would have to target Scandinavia...it's difficult to get a life there, it;s even colder than here
      seawright likes this.

Ridcully is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Have just rung in and cancelled my TV. Its not so much the price rise that annoys me but the continuous offers for new customers. The latest is 50% off any tv bundle for 12 months plus the legal bits say if you haven't received a 1TB or 2TB box before and are on Family bundle then you should get a box for 149. However all they could offer was something like 10% off for 6 months and full price for the box.

Is there someone I can email to highlight the stupidity of this, and hopefully get them to enable that offer for me
      dog-man likes this.

mickr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Verwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
      Have just rung in and cancelled my TV. Its not so much the price rise that annoys me but the continuous offers for new customers. The latest is 50% off any tv bundle for 12 months plus the legal bits say if you haven't received a 1TB or 2TB box before and are on Family bundle then you should get a box for 149. However all they could offer was something like 10% off for 6 months and full price for the box.

Is there someone I can email to highlight the stupidity of this, and hopefully get them to enable that offer for me
      I am afraid you would be wasting your time , I have been with sky over 20years and have written to them a number of times regarding about all the giveaways to new customers and nothing to loyal customers. It as always fallen on death ears, the only time I have got anything is when I go to cancel my tv or broadband. I will also be leaving when my currant offer runs out, I also object to the increases which you are having to pay because of the obscene amount of money they paid for the football. The increases should have been passes onto the football watchers.

Mickr

vfx
      vfx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub 2 SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD x4 MS
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mickr View Post
      I also object to the increases which you are having to pay because of the obscene amount of money they paid for the football. The increases should have been passes onto the football watchers.

Mickr
      Big brush though. One size fits all.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Good for you for sticking up to your principles ! If you have good internet connection, now tv is only 7 a month and get the decent sky channels like Atlantic I believe

I am not too jealous of people with terabyte boxes; it would just encourage me to record far too much and thereby never get around to actually watching any of my recordings in a reasonable time period

mickr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Verwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcphailan. View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Good for you for sticking up to your principles ! If you have good internet connection, now tv is only 7 a month and get the decent sky channels like Atlantic I believe

I am not too jealous of people with terabyte boxes; it would just encourage me to record far too much and thereby never get around to actually watching any of my recordings in a reasonable time period
      You don't really need to record much these days , with all the repeats

Mickr
      mcphailan. likes this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mickr View Post
      You don't really need to record much these days , with all the repeats

Mickr
      Indeed Mick ! So often we grab so easily from On Demand on sky box...wish ITV would put more stuff in HD On Demand though, tight b*stards lol

Andy

Ridcully is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Is something wrong with my box then, as when I download films they are in dolby surround rather than dolby digtal? Hence why I tend to record a lot

tech3475 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

In a few months they'll probably call you about 50% off for a year, it's what they've been doing with me for a few years now so make sure to keep your old box and your contact numbers up to date.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast