Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Sky Arts strikes a chord with Guitar Star, a new search for a World-class guitarist

This is a discussion on Sky Arts strikes a chord with Guitar Star, a new search for a World-class guitarist within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...lass-guitarist Sky Arts picks up a plectrum and turns up the volume to launch Guitar Star , a major new ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Sky Arts strikes a chord with Guitar Star, a new search for a World-class guitarist

https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...lass-guitarist

Sky Arts picks up a plectrum and turns up the volume to launch Guitar Star, a major new competition searching for a top-class guitarist. The series will search the UK and Ireland for amazing guitar players who are willing to jam, strum and pluck their way to victory, for the chance to perform on the main stage of major UK music festival, Latitude. Along the way they will be mentored by some of the biggest guitar stars in the world.

The 9-part series, presented by Edith Bowman, is a search for a new star player of any type of guitar. Entrants can be any age and play in any style - rock, classical, jazz or acoustic. The search will begin with auditions and culminate with the winner playing in front of thousands at the festival.

The competing guitarists will be tested on their ability to play both in a range of musical styles and a genre of their choice, and will perform at famous venues associated with their chosen style. Throughout the process, they will meet and be mentored by some of the biggest guitar stars in the world. The semi-finalists will hone their act in a recording studio, where they will work with a global guitar legend to perfect their sound.

After auditions, 16 of the best guitarists will be whittled down to 4 finalists by the judges, before the series comes to its stunning climax at the 10th Latitude Festival with the winning guitarist performing a live set on the festivals main stage.

Edith Bowman, presenter of Guitar Star commented: ďThe guitar is the most loved and most played instrument in the UK and I just know there are some fantastic unknown players out there. Whatís great and refreshing about this series is that for the first time we are looking for brilliant guitar players to showcase their amazing talent. Iíve spent my life listening to and sharing great music of all kinds and I canít wait to get stuck in to celebrating the wonders of the guitar across rock, jazz, folk, classical and beyond! As a festival lover I also canít wait for the moment when our winner takes to the main stage at Latitude - incredible!Ē

Philip Edgar-Jones, Director, Sky Arts commented: ďGreat music is one of our big passions at Sky Arts and Iíve always dreamed of playing to crowds at a festival but alas, my rendition of Smoke on The Water wonít quite cut it for this exciting Sky Arts competition series. Whether itís electric or acoustic, classical or rock, Guitar Star is about those undiscovered geniuses of the frets with a real passion for music of all genres. I canít wait to see the winner perform on the main stage at The Latitude Festival and who knows, they might even be the next Clapton, Page or HendrixÖĒ

Entry information can be found at sky.com/Guitar

2. Advertisement
      jrfer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rushden
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Arts strikes a chord with Guitar Star, a new search for a World-class guitarist

I'm looking forward to this