Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Billing Issues a Warning if you have not been billed yet

This is a discussion on Billing Issues a Warning if you have not been billed yet within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; After not being billed for the last 2 months I thought I would call SkyBB to find out what was ...

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Billing Issues a Warning if you have not been billed yet

After not being billed for the last 2 months I thought I would call SkyBB to find out what was going on, after speaking to CS I was passed through to provisioning where after some chatting the person I spoke to put me on hold for a few minutes then came back to tell me the only way to fix this problem was to do a cease and re-provide as there is no way they can manually fix the problem.

As you can well imagine I was not amused and told the chap that this sort of action was stupid I said why cease a perfectly good and working connection and then do a reproved for something that should be easy to fix, anyway he was adamant that that was what had to be done and as soon as I finished the call he said thats what he would do.

I had no intention of leaving it there and as soon as I cam off the phone to him I phoned Sky Reception at Head Office (0207 7053000) and asked to speak to Customer Relations, I explained the issues to the young lady there who said that didn't sound right and that she would look into it and get back to me which she did about 40 minutes later, the cease order has been stopped and my account has been tagged with both SkyBB and Easynet to prevent a cease being made and there is a fix being worked on to sort this problem out.

It would seem that there are a number of accounts like mine that have not been billed and the main SkyBB system doesn't know we are actually active which is why this billing issue has arisen, so if any if anyone has a billing issue like mine and you do call SkyBB don't let them try to place a cease on you and do what I did.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

2. Advertisement
      Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      unlucky! another downsider for Skys service then!

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Not now its not as its been caught by them now and I just received another call from a manager saying that everyone including the chap who placed the cease on my account has now been made aware that they should not place a cease on anyone with the same issue and that a fix will be made available to sort this out so lets hope this issue doesn't crop up again.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

bravedan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Littlehampton (SDLTTLH)
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      ATROCIOUS SERVICE!!!

Yet again the left hand doesn't know.........etc, etc.

On Monday last I received a Sky letter stating I may not have had the BB part of the payment taken from my account, their mistake and sorry, but this would be taken in one go next time. (it may have been on my mat before then, too)

Given production time plus postage time this was well before your man stating he'd "have to cease and re-provide"................

Dave
      Last edited by bravedan; 03-11-06 at 08:09 PM.
      My Bus speed is 26 mph, what's yours??

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      oh god... i never wanna grow up! im loving my parents paying for everything!

50 for broadband 42.00 for sky tv!

yey!

earthwormjim is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It gets worse....

They have already ceased my service - and billed me for it, and taken the money from my bank account!!!!!

My activation date was 19/9, on the 13/10 they put in a cease order with BT, and on the 26/10 charged me 22 quid!

I've asked my bank to take recovery action through the direct debit indemnity scheme and the money is already back in my account. If Sky think I'm paying for that kind of service they must be having a laugh. If this happens to anyone else, which I think its going to, I suggest you do the same.

I'm still waiting to hear from Sky, in the meantime I'm looking for a broadband ISP (anyone know any GOOD ones?) and preparing to flash my router into a generic model to use with my new service.

Also, send your complaints to BBC Watchdog, which you can do through the BBC website.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      My first joint Sky bill came in at 57.55 and I couldn't figure how how they arrived at that figure as I was only a 25% discount for the full Sky TV package and was paying 17 for the Connect Broadband package. It turns out that because my billing day was 10 days or so after I was activated the 17 for the Connect service is a bit more than usual.

I am going to see what they charge me next month because I had already asked them what my first joint bill would be and I was told it would be 48 ish and this is would it would be every month.

Cyrus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Streetly - CMSTRE
      Broadband ISP: Max, 15.3MB Downstream! B E A Utiful
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Ray, I don't want to annoy you further but I will put money on it that you have a cease on your line.

I know for a fact that the Sky & Easynet system intergration is shot to S*1t & their internal systems cannot cope with even the basic customer requests.

Moving Home, Billing Issues, Duplicate Connections & more all have problems because their processes can't be overridden. They have major system upgrade to fix some of this but this could be months away.

Customer relations gave me assurances that my home moving line cease wouldn't take place until November 30th, yet November 2nd my connection dropped like a stone.

I'm using a Vodafone 3G card at the minute, which Sky are paying for. Not ideal but at least a jesture.
      "If you are planning for a year, sow rice;
      if you are planning for a decade, plant trees;
      if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people."

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for you concerns mate but it would seem that I am safe
      Ray

click here