Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Like Tree5Likes

Sky+ App Photo Sharing

This is a discussion on Sky+ App Photo Sharing within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by skippy75 Would be nice if you could pinch to zoom but its a nice little addition. I ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Re: Sky+ App Photo Sharing

Quote Originally Posted by skippy75 View Post
      Would be nice if you could pinch to zoom but its a nice little addition.
      I have to agree with you there.

Zooming and panning would be useful additions.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      PHILSU is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

I have tried this and it worked well ( technically )
      However, it displayed many pages of folders of photos with an overall heading "Your Albums"
      However, the folders were in no meaningful order to me and it took a lot of browsing to find the folder I wants among the 100s of folder of photos I have on my device.
      Is "Your Albums" order something which the Sky+ App creates itself or it based on some order produced by an existing App, such as Gallery, on my Tablet ( a Hudl ), which I can control
      Whilst the feature is very nice, it loses its usefulness if I cannot somehow organize the order in which it displays my folders of photos.
      Anyone know there the SKY+ order of folders/photos in "Your Albums" comes from ?
      Phil

Thanks

Good points PHILSU. I have raised this in the beta forum. Hopefully something can be done for an update later.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks Scubbie

A close examination of the display order of photos reveals an interesting result, which may be useful to the system reviewers/updaters.
      In the several Albums I have now checked, the order IS Filename related - but in a very perverse way.
      My filenames, within folders, reflect the order in which I wish to view my photos e.g. 001-TheCat, 002-TheDog etc. so that I can have up to 999 photos, all in order.
      The display order in the App seems to be last file first, then work downward with every alternate file to the 1st, then work upwards with the 2nd, 4th, 6th etc until the penultimate photo.
      Was this really intended ?

Maybe it actually orders on some other parameter, which just happens to relate to my filenames in the way I describe i.e. dates created when files were bulk copied to my Tablet from my PC.

However, until some meaningful order can be imposed, the system will be rather useless.

P.S.
      Later tried creating an identical folder/album to an existing one - this time by copying files, one-at-a-time in the correct order so that any new dates created would be in the same order as the filenames but the display order by the App was exactly the same.
      So it looks like it does order using the filename in this perverse way.

Phil
      Last edited by PHILSU; 28-11-14 at 03:07 PM. Reason: P.S. added

Thanks

Certainly if you has a suitable Smart TV there are IMHO far better apps which can be used on your smart phone or tablet to share photos on your TV with.

As for the order that it is using, it isn't an easy one. Hopefully this can be resolved in a later update but I have no news on this at present.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Still hoping for an update to make this "potentially" very useful App, really useful in practice.

I now see that there is a "Select" option ( not sure if this is new ) to enable one to select photos in an Album successively so as to display them in the required order. Whilst this is OK for a few photos, it is no use for a large number of photos, which need to be displayed in the correct filename order by default.

It now seems to me that SKY's very strange default display order is based on an incorrect interpretation of the Android "Gallery" App display of photos in an Album
      Gallery has 2 options:- Grid or Filmstrip view.
      If you have say 21 photos in an album with filenames 01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg.. ... 21.jpg ( correct order ) then
      Grid View displays them on 2 lines,
      21,jpg 19.jpg 17.jpg >>> 01.jpg on the top line ( running from left to right ) and
      20.jpg 18.jpg 16.jpg >>> 02 jpg on the bottom line ( running from left to right )
      Filmstrip view displays them all on one line
      21,jpg 20.jpg 19.jpg 18.jpg >>> 01.jpg. ( running from left to right )
      Whichever of the 2 display options you initially start with, if you select photo 01.jpg and swipe left to right then the photos are displayed in the correct order 01jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg etc through to 21.jpg, as desired.
      The High > Low filename order from Left to Right seems a little strange but works

SKY seem to be picking up photos in an Album from Gallery Grid View, moving along the top line from Left to Right then along the bottom line from Right to Left, which results in their very perverse display order:-
      21.jpg 19.jpg 17.jpg >>> 01.jpg 02.jpg 04.jpg 06.jpg >>> 20.jpg

I hope that this info can be fed back to SKY to enable them to get it right and make the App really useful.
      Apologies for repeating in part what I have already said previously but I hope that if Sky read this post in isolation then the whole problem is clear and can be rectified.

Thanks

I have posted it somewhere relevant. Hopefully it will be picked up.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      I have posted it somewhere relevant. Hopefully it will be picked up.
      Thanks. I have also contacted Sky directly but no response.
      Could anyone who has tried this with a Tablet other than an Android based one (mine is a Hudl) indicate if they see the same behaviour.
      It is so frustrating that such a potentially useful function is rendered useless by this crass behaviour.

Phil

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234