Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Like Tree5Likes

Sky+ App Photo Sharing

This is a discussion on Sky+ App Photo Sharing within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Tried this last night, but couldn't get it to work. For some reason the app just doesn't have the camera ...

puppet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ App Photo Sharing

Tried this last night, but couldn't get it to work. For some reason the app just doesn't have the camera icon available to even try sharing my pics. It's the same on both my iPhone, and also my iPad. I seem to can connect to the Sky box ok (well, I think I am!!), just don't see the camera icon.

Checked that my STB is supported (Samsung), which it is. Also tried force updating it to make sure it was running the latest firmware possible. Still no joy.

Anybody experienced similar, or have any ideas why?

2. Advertisement
      lettice is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub (no Sky Q here, hub is for sky+hd and sky broadband)
      Thanks

You do need to have the R010 software. I think only the Pace and the DRX (except 780) sky boxes have had this yet.

Also check under Services>Parental>Connectivity on your sky box and check 'Display photos sent to this box' is On
      Scubbie likes this.

lettice is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub (no Sky Q here, hub is for sky+hd and sky broadband)
      Thanks

The app needs an option in Android to disable the use of photos.
      It is there in iOS under Settings>Sky+> 'Allow sky+ to access Photo's on/off
      But not in Android.

Currently it only asks you on install of app, to use your photos but not in settings.
      A few have mentioned this, as to restrict some family members using it accidentally or annoyingly

Annie UK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWFEL
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Yes you do need R10.

--
      Sent from my iPad Air 2 (wi-fi 128GB) using Tapatalk

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lettice View Post
      You do need to have the R010 software. I think only the Pace and the DRX (except 780) sky boxes have had this yet.

Also check under Services>Parental>Connectivity on your sky box and check 'Display photos sent to this box' is On
      m

Thanks, that would explain it. Found the website below, which confirms the latest firmware for my Samsung box is still R009:

Skyepginfo - Sky+hd Firmware

So, next question is, does anybody know when the Samsung boxes will get the R010 update?

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by puppet View Post
      Found the website below, which confirms the latest firmware for my Samsung box is still R009:

Skyepginfo - Sky+hd Firmware
      That info is available here & it tends to be updated quicker too:
      Sky+ HD STB Firmware Versions
      Scubbie likes this.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

I also mentioned in the first line of my write up in the first post of this thread that the photo sharing is available with the latest version (R010)

Sorry, but currently the Samsung and Amstrad DRX780 STs haven't had a public roll-out of the new firmware. It is planned and will happen soon. I can't say anything more than this as I don't know anything more at this stage.

Do keep an eye on the Sky+ HD STB Firmware thread. If anyone gets it, please post there and another moderator or I will update the table in due course.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      I also mentioned in the first line of my write up in the first post of this thread that the photo sharing is available with the latest version (R010)

Sorry, but currently the Samsung and Amstrad DRX780 STs haven't had a public roll-out of the new firmware. It is planned and will happen soon. I can't say anything more than this as I don't know anything more at this stage.

Do keep an eye on the Sky+ HD STB Firmware thread. If anyone gets it, please post there and another moderator or I will update the table in due course.
      Thanks Scubbie. The annoying thing is that the App says that if you have a box of model 9730, ie the Samsung, then you are good to go. Clearly that's not the case though, so pretty misleading really.

Seems the Samsung is always trailing with any updates, perhaps its time to get shot of it. There's a local guy selling refurbed 500GB DRX890 boxes for 30-35ish, perhaps I should just get one.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Knowing about the larger drives and the apparent improvement in speed over the Pace, Samsung and Amstrad DRX780, I've been recommending a DRX890 or DRX895 for some time, so I would say go for it if you are able to.

Of course there are the DRX890W and DRX895W STBs which are also worth considering too.

Additionally, with the various firmware updates, it has come to light that not all the features are able to be incorporated into the older STBs, so another thumbs up for the DRX89x range.

As for pruce, 30-35 sounds good. Do look around if possible as you can get some for much less (15-20) for a DRX890 in the right places.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Knowing about the larger drives and the apparent improvement in speed over the Pace, Samsung and Amstrad DRX780, I've been recommending a DRX890 or DRX895 for some time, so I would say go for it if you are able to.

Of course there are the DRX890W and DRX895W STBs which are also worth considering too.

Additionally, with the various firmware updates, it has come to light that not all the features are able to be incorporated into the older STBs, so another thumbs up for the DRX89x range.

As for pruce, 30-35 sounds good. Do look around if possible as you can get some for much less (15-20) for a DRX890 in the right places.
      Well, I'd consider that a successful evening.

Managed to collect a pick up a DRX890 box today, payed 32 for it. Odd price, but never mind. was good to just get one within the town.

Decided that I had a few recordings on my old Samsung that I would like to keep, so looked into, and subsequently bought myself a copy of ExPVR. Stripped the HDD out of the old box and set it going to back-up to my PC with ExPVR (using my external HDD caddy). While that was running, I stripped the HDD out of the replacement box, then restored the backup onto that. Both machines now reassembled, viewing card paired up to the new box online, and Bob's your proverbial.

So, now have DRX890, latest R010 firmware, and the Sky App now has the camera icon showing successfully. Sorted.
      Last edited by puppet; 25-10-14 at 08:02 AM.
      seawright likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast