Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree2Likes
    • 1 Post By Scubbie
    • 1 Post By Scubbie

Sky launches Sky Sports News HQ offering unrivalled multi-platform service

This is a discussion on Sky launches Sky Sports News HQ offering unrivalled multi-platform service within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; corporate.sky.com/media/press_releases/2014/sky_launches_sky_sports_news_hq Sky Sports News will relaunch on channel 401 as Sky Sports News HQ from 12 August, offering even more ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Sky launches Sky Sports News HQ offering unrivalled multi-platform service

corporate.sky.com/media/press_releases/2014/sky_launches_sky_sports_news_hq

Sky Sports News will relaunch on channel 401 as Sky Sports News HQ from 12 August, offering even more breaking news across a streamlined TV, digital and mobile service.

Launched for the new football season, Sky Sports News HQ will put the viewer at the heart of sports news with a new schedule, upgraded studio and improved digital services including redesigned apps and integrated social media coverage.

Sky Sports News HQ will launch on Sky channel 401, providing viewers with an unrivalled sports news service plus a showcase of other content on the Sky Sports channels. Other Sky Sports channels will move one slot up the Sky digital EPG.

From 12 August, sports fans can enjoy the following from Sky Sports News HQ:

NEW SCHEDULE:
      New programmes and features plus a greater emphasis on reporting stories under investigation, delivered by a team of over 200 staff, 32 reporters and 20 presenters including Kirsty Gallacher, Jim White and Natalie Sawyer.

NEW STUDIO:
      Almost double the size of the previous Sky Sports News studio, the new space means viewers will enjoy more breaking news delivered in new ways, including via an 18 square-metre video wall or investigation desk as just two of 11 different presenting positions.

ENHANCED DIGITAL OFFERING
      : Sky Sports apps and website have been redesigned with additional personalisation, a SSN HQ hub offering catch-up video clips and additional content alongside the live channel, breaking news notifications and trending articles.

SOCIAL MEDIA:
      A social media desk will immerse viewers in the newsroom environment as Sky Sports News HQ reporters investigate whats being said on social media channels. Users will be able to have their say and join the debate via our apps, skysports.com and social media.

All this means that alongside unrivalled live sport, including more football than ever before and more of the games that matter, Sky customers can enjoy an even better complete 24/7 sports news service whether at home, in the pub or on the move.

Sky Sports managing director Barney Francis said:
      Sky Sports News is the number one sports news service in the UK & Ireland and we aim to make it even better. The launch of Sky Sports News HQ will extend and enhance the experience across TV, mobile and online. Its just the latest innovation from a channel thats pioneered sports news broadcasting for over 15 years. And by launching on channel 401, we want Sky Sports News HQ be the first port of call for sports fans, transforming the way they follow sport in a multiplatform era.

Sky Sports News HQ executive editor Andy Cairns, said:
      Sky Sports News has always been authoritative, innovative, fun and relevant. These changes reflect how were staying ahead of the curve and anticipating the needs of our viewers. Sports fans want to get even further into the heart of sports news, and well take them there with the best resources: 11 presentation points in a fantastic new studio, new ways of reflecting stories under investigation and those driving social conversations, and revamped apps and digital services. Two million viewers a day come to Sky Sports News, plus many more on digital and social media, and this evolution shows our commitment to delivering them an even better service.

The enhanced digital portfolio that matches the new Sky Sports News HQ will also offer an even better service for UK sports fans online, via apps and on the go.

For the first time, users of the award-winning Sky Sports for iPad app will also be able to personalise rugby union and rugby league news as well as football and cricket. The app also features a live stream of Sky Sports News around the clock and is available to Sky Sports subscribers for free and non-subscribers for 4.99 a month. All other live channels are restricted to Sky Sports subscribers.

The 2.9m @SkySportsNews Twitter followers and 4.7m Sky Sports Facebook fans will get a first glimpse of changes to the studio, with photos from behind-the-scenes as the news team settle in from today.

From 12 August when the channels realign, the new European football channel Sky Sports 5 will be found on channel 406 and is being made available by Sky to its Sky Sports customers at no extra cost as part of their sports packages.

The new Sky Sports channel portfolio will realign to the following EPG numbers on 12 August 2014:

Sky Sports News HQ- 401
      Sky Sports 1- 402
      Sky Sports 2- 403
      Sky Sports 3- 404
      Sky Sports 4- 405
      Sky Sports 5- 406
      Sky Sports F1-407

2. Advertisement
      gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: Sky launches Sky Sports News HQ offering unrivalled multi-platform service

I looked at that picture quickly & thought it said 'sky sports on vhs'

Thanks

Admitedly my first thoughts when I saw the heading were more related to Sky launching a 4K UHDTV channel at last.

Sadly this isn't the case.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

One could even be forgiven for thinking that sky are a little bit cheesy & will always have to pop in a bit of totty, no matter how much it obscures what really matters...

You're not premium class yet sky.
      So nor should your prices be.

Hedgehog1979 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01506
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HDw box X2
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Admitedly my first thoughts when I saw the heading were more related to Sky launching a 4K UHDTV channel at last.

Sadly this isn't the case.
      This would be good, got a 4K being delivered on Saturday but there's still not a whole lot of content available yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks

I believe that Amazon and/or Netflix have or soon will have 4K content available.

YouTube does have 4K content.

If the TV has a built-in satellite tuner, I believe that there are some channels on the Astra satellites which are 4K too.

You may be interested in this: HEVC 4K Satellite Media Server - Technicolor

The press is now unsure if there will be a 4K Blu-ray coming out, but who knows? It certainly won't be the editor of The Sun.
      Hedgehog1979 likes this.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Hedgehog1979 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01506
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HDw box X2
      Thanks

I know Netflix has Breaking Bad in 4K and I haven't watched it yet so I will be giving that a go. You Tube is also a good shout but I have heard that not everything labelled as 4K is actually 4K so I will have to do some digging.

Got to say the Technicolor box is interesting, I had no idea anything like this was being marketed yet so may have to save up a few more pennies.

Thanks for the info Scubbie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks

There will be plenty more improvements once 4K UHDTV content is marketed by the likes of BSkyB.
      Hedgehog1979 likes this.