Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

New Sky Service App

This is a discussion on New Sky Service App within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by Scubbie The information is also a little confusing as mine says that I have a "Part Month ...

JPL
      JPL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Re: New Sky Service App

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      The information is also a little confusing as mine says that I have a "Part Month Charge" for Sky Talk Anytime.
      My last three Sky bills show "Part month charges - Due to a change in your subscription" for Sky Talk Anytime. I take this to mean that the Ts & Cs are currently being changed each and every month, presumably to the customer's detriment ... or simply a bug in the software!
      JPL

2. Advertisement
      lettice is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub (no Sky Q here, hub is for sky+hd and sky broadband)
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lettice For This Useful Post:

Scubbie (18-07-14)

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
      My last three Sky bills show "Part month charges - Due to a change in your subscription" for Sky Talk Anytime. I take this to mean that the Ts & Cs are currently being changed each and every month, presumably to the customer's detriment ... or simply a bug in the software!
      If I visit the Sky website and log into my Sky account, then Sky Talk Anytime appears as normal, although the dates don't tie up correctly.

Sky do periodically change the T&Cs. They do not always notify us their customers. Whether they can legally change them and not notify people is an issue that a lawyer would be best advised to check over. I have my opinion on this issue, but I don't have the legal background to back up my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by lettice View Post
      Official press release and page now up for the Sky Service app

Sort your Sky from your smartphone

Sky Apps - Your favourite things about Sky TV, on the move
      Thanks for spotting this. I did look there yesterday but didn't find it.

Here's the full statement:
      Sort your Sky from your smartphone
      New Sky Service app launches today

Today, Sky launches its Sky Service app, giving customers even more ways to keep track of their Sky account. The app lets customers check their bill, change their settings and manage their engineer visit, all in one place, whenever and wherever they want, from a wide range of mobile devices.

As more and more people do their personal admin from their phones at home or on the move, the new app is a great way for those with busy schedules to have instant access to their account, wherever they are.

Customers can now view and pay their bill, check what channels they have and keep track of engineer appointments. Customers have the option to pick which Sky+ HD box in their house their remote record requests will get sent to and also change their TV PIN – all within the Sky Service app.

Chris Stylianou, Managing Director – Customer Service Group, comments: “We’re always looking for ways to improve our customer service and make our customers’ lives easier and we think the new Sky Service app is a great way to help them save time. Our customers can now check engineer appointments and view and pay their bill whenever it suits them, without having to call us.”

If the app is not able to solve a query, it will direct customers to the right number, to speak with a Sky advisor. And if there is more than a two minute wait there’s an option for a call back.

The Sky Service App has been designed and optimised for iPhones (fully supported on iOS 7 and higher) and Android devices (fully supported 4.0 and higher). Customers can also choose to access the app on their iPad. There will be future updates to support additional devices with further enhancements.

For more information and to download the app visit sky.com/serviceapp

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,583 Posts

Trying to put this on my Nexus 7, get told 'Your device is not compatible with this version'

Running latest Android 4.4.4.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Hedgehog1979 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01506
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+HDw box X2
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Trying to put this on my Nexus 7, get told 'Your device is not compatible with this version'

Running latest Android 4.4.4.
      I think this is because it is meant to be for mobile phones and not tablets but not sure, I was unable to download it onto a galaxy tablet for the same reason.

When I search for it on the apple store it is only available under the iPhone section and not iPad however the difference is I can still download it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Racey43 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog1979 View Post
      I think this is because it is meant to be for mobile phones and not tablets but not sure, I was unable to download it onto a galaxy tablet for the same reason.

When I search for it on the apple store it is only available under the iPhone section and not iPad however the difference is I can still download it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      Yes I think it's for mobile phones only. I downloaded it for iPhone but there's no app for iPad.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL2+ ~6Mb
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ & mini box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      I can check my most recent bill, but it doesn't look like I can check older bills or charges that may be applied on my next bill.

The information is also a little confusing as mine says that I have a "Part Month Charge" for Sky Talk Anytime.
      I should have, maybe, tried the app before posting but from what we were told it didn't allow you to check your bill which made me think it was a pointless app. Since it does allow you to check your bill I think it is the missing link in Sky apps. It is much easier to check (than logging into MySky) and it allows you to setup a PIN to access your bill instead of typing in my (quite complicated) MySky password.

It works fine on my "rooted" Samsung Galaxy S2 running Android V4.4.2 whereas SkyGo doesn't due to "root".

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,583 Posts

I think this is because it is meant to be for mobile phones and not tablets
      That's a bit of a bummer. I would have thought if it was designed for Andriod(or IOS) it would work on tablets running the same OS.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12