Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree1Likes

Sky’s Broadband NOW TV Entertainment Pass Sees 40 Percent Price Hike

This is a discussion on Sky’s Broadband NOW TV Entertainment Pass Sees 40 Percent Price Hike within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; I'm on the 5-month movie offer, but will be cancelling the service at the end of it. The picture quality ...

iantresman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sandbach
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Humax HB1000S
      Thanks

Re: Sky’s Broadband NOW TV Entertainment Pass Sees 40 Percent Price Hike

I'm on the 5-month movie offer, but will be cancelling the service at the end of it. The picture quality is poor (sub-HD), and there are sometimes buffering issues.

Would love to go with Sky proper, but the price point is wrong for me. You would think that with economies of scale over the last decade, Sky would be at its cheapest, but they seem quite happy to price many people out of the market.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_Rex View Post
      nowtv is only stereo. The option for 2.0 & 5.1, neither matter. Into my denon amp the nowtv only outputs 2.0
      Definitely not good for me then as I like the 5.1 when it is available. I'd love 7.1 but sadly they don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by iantresman View Post
      I'm on the 5-month movie offer, but will be cancelling the service at the end of it. The picture quality is poor (sub-HD), and there are sometimes buffering issues.

Would love to go with Sky proper, but the price point is wrong for me. You would think that with economies of scale over the last decade, Sky would be at its cheapest, but they seem quite happy to price many people out of the market.
      With Netflix, LoveFilm/Amazon Prime and even YouTube all able to stream various TV series and films, there is competition for Sky to consider.

VM is now offering Netflix on their STBs with 6 months free subscription at the moment.

Sky has signed up with the big film companies to have first bite at some of the major films. Will that be sufficient to entice people to stay with them?

IMHO last year wasn't particuarly great in the Cinema for good films each month. This will be reflected in what Sky is able to offer this year.

Sure there were some great films, but not as many as perhaps there could have been.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Angel_Rex is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Uckfield
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: SKY SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I know, I really want 5.1 from nowtv.... atm it is running via prologic IIz so itsnt bad, just not true content

:/

gingercol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Moorhill Southampton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Humax Freesat+
      Thanks

You can't beat Blu-Ray for sound or picture quality IMHO but any 5.1 is better than stereo.Which is one of the good things about Netflix which is also 1080p.

Sony Bravia KDL-42W653A , Sony BDV-N590 Home Cinema ,Humax Foxsat Pvr, NOW TV Box,
      Chromecast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12