Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Like Tree15Likes

UK ISP Sky Broadband to Drop Superfast Unlimited Fibre Price to GBP7.50

This is a discussion on UK ISP Sky Broadband to Drop Superfast Unlimited Fibre Price to GBP7.50 within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; UK ISP Sky Broadband to Drop Superfast Unlimited Fibre Price to GBP7.50 - ISPreview UK Sky Broadband (BSkyB) will later ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Thumbs up UK ISP Sky Broadband to Drop Superfast Unlimited Fibre Price to GBP7.50

UK ISP Sky Broadband to Drop Superfast Unlimited Fibre Price to GBP7.50 - ISPreview UK
      Sky Broadband (BSkyB) will later today slash the cost of their superfast (‘up to’ 38Mbps) Sky Fibre Unlimited (FTTC) broadband package from £20 to just £7.50 per month for the first 12 months of service. Both new and existing customers should be able to take advantage.

As usual the service is only available to people in areas where the new FTTC technology is already available (soon to cover 66% of the UK) and customers will also need to take Sky Line Rental from £15.40 per month.

Sky Fibre + Free Weekend Calls

* Up to 38Mbps “typical” download speeds

* Truly unlimited downloads
      * Inclusive weekend UK calls
      * Free Sky Hub Wireless Router – £2.18 delivery charge
      * Free Unlimited access to WiFi Hotspots from The Cloud
      * Sky Shield (Parental Controls and Anti-Malware)
      * 12 Month Contract

PRICE: £7.50 Per Month for the first 12 Months (£20 thereafter) + Line Rental

At the time of writing we don’t yet have access to the full details for this promotion, which should soon become visible on Sky’s website. But if there are any additions or changes that need to be made then we’ll update this post later today. An additional offer comes in the form of a £25 M&S Voucher for all upgrades to Broadband or Fibre Unlimited, which is stackable with the £7.50 Fibre Unlimited deal but only for existing customers.

ISPreview.co.uk has also seen information suggesting that the 12 month contract term for Sky Fibre might soon become an 18 month one, although we’ve yet to completely confirm that. Likewise the router delivery charge could also rise from £2.18 to £6.95 in the very near future.
      Edit:
      UPDATE 10:52am
      Sky’s website has now been updated, although the live offer says that the discount period will last for the first 6 months and not 12 as we were initially told (article adjusted). Meanwhile Sky’s standard unlimited broadband and phone package (without Sky TV) remains half price at £5 for the first 12 months of service.
      Last edited by Scubbie; 28-03-14 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Added update
      speedyrite likes this.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

Angel_Rex (07-04-14),barriead (29-03-14),dnpark38 (28-03-14),Ozymandias (29-03-14),speedyrite (28-03-14)

3. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

Re: UK ISP Sky Broadband to Drop Superfast Unlimited Fibre Price to GBP7.50

Just checked with Sky sales. They don't know anything about this and normally they'd be briefed in advance of any change going live. Quite surprising if this applies to existing customers as the article suggests - the current offer applies to new customers only.

We'll have to wait and see how/if this develops. It's going to be a very popular offer if true.

markm9 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Asus RT-N56U
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Just been onto my sky, to check this and this is advert.

Sky Fibre Unlimited - Fast fibre optic broadband from Sky

Also do you think sky may reduce price of SFUP, to a more competitive price?
      [URL=http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4411733501]

BroadbandKing is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1Tb
      Thanks

Had a look at my account, already paying £7.50 for Sky Unlimited so there should be no change to my monthly cost:

Current monthly cost

£77.75

New monthly cost with offers

£77.75 then £105.65

So the with offers is correct, however it adds £12.50, and then £15.40 to my new monthly cost without offers.
      However I paid my line rental for the year up front a while back, so why do Sky add this onto my bill?
      My new cost should not be £105.65 but £90.25.

I dare not proceed as with me having my account messed up for 3 months due to annual line rental problems by Sky, I do not want to be charged £105.65 after the 6 months.

Why do Sky not show that I would only have to pay £90.25 after the first 6 months? They know fine well, I have paid my annual line rental up front, surely they can get their account software in order!

I know in theory Sky should deduct the £15.40 from my bill each month, but if I do go ahead, I know fine well there will be problems 6 months down the line.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I think you'll find that currently you are being offered SFU for £7.50 for 6 months then moving to £20 per month. To check, add it to your basket and on the next page you'll see "Fibre Unlimited for: 7.50 GBP for 6 Months" and if you then click Order Summary you'll get a more detailed breakdown.

So, that's good as usually the £7.50 offer only applies to new customers not upgrades*. However, the deal reported in the first post says £7.50 for 12 months and that doesn't seem to be available yet.

* T&Cs still say "Offer not available to existing Sky Broadband Unlimited customers upgrading to Sky Fibre Unlimited" but the new customer discount is being applied to on-line order for an existing customer. May be an error.

lettice is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub (no Sky Q here, hub is for sky+hd and sky broadband)
      Thanks

That ispreview website article got updated ay 10:52am, its only 6 months

UPDATE 10:52am
      Sky’s website has now been updated, although the live offer says that the discount period will last for the first 6 months and not 12 as we were initially told (article adjusted). Meanwhile Sky’s standard unlimited broadband and phone package (without Sky TV) remains half price at £5 for the first 12 months of service.
      speedyrite and Scubbie like this.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

That is a shame. A 6 month offer of FTTC t £7.50 is a great price, but not quite the same as a 12 month offer.

As for SFUP getting discounted, sorry but I happened to come across this article for SFU this morning. I haven't heard anything for SFUP yet, but I keep hoping.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

stereohaven is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Asus RT-AC56U
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 2TB Box
      Thanks

According to Recombu:

This offer is only available to new customers - current Sky Broadband customers who want to upgrade to Sky Fibre Unlimited won’t be able to take advantage of this offer. Current Sky Fibre Unlimited customers also won’t be able to apply for this.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Yes, that's what the T&Cs on the order page say. But if you add it to your basket as an existing customer, it is applying the discounted 6 months price. As I said before, may be a mistake. I wonder what the position would be if you went ahead and placed the order at the reduced price. Would Sky honour it? Not sure.

BroadbandKing is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1Tb
      Thanks

My issue, although not to do with the 6 months, 12 months offer, existing customers, new customers etc BUT with the way Sky informs you what you will pay with the offer applied and once the offer has expired.

I pay £7.50 for my broadband, offer on my account is £7.50 for Fibre, so I will pay the same price as I am now for the next 6 months. £77.75
      I AM HAPPY WITH THAT STATEMENT BY SKY.

What I am not happy with is when Sky inform me that after 6 months when the offer will have expired, I will have to pay £105.65.
      THIS IS CLEARLY WRONG!!! - IT SHOULD BE £90.25.

Sky will correctly quote me the offer price, of £77.75 and take my line rental off, as they know I have paid it upfront.

BUT

when it comes to my price after the offer is over, THEY ADD THE LINE RENTAL TO MY NEW PRICE I WILL PAY!!

That is my gripe with Sky!!!! On this occasion!!! They are clearly selling me something and quoting a wrong price I would pay once the offer is over!

As for offers to new customers only and nothing for us existing customers, well don't get me started on that......!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast