Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Like Tree49Likes

New product to be launched by Sky soon...

This is a discussion on New product to be launched by Sky soon... within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; I don't gave a flying duck what other people are watching on TV or what they are doing 24/7 either. ...

James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCEAR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: New product to be launched by Sky soon...

I don't gave a flying duck what other people are watching on TV or what they are doing 24/7 either. I cannot believe Sky are actually paying people to come up with garbage like this!!

2. Advertisement
      Racey43 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

What a spectacular anti-climax.
      This is the second thread I've followed in the last few weeks, along with "Sky to drop broadband prices", which raised my hopes of getting better value for money.

dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Billion 7800N
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Probably the reason why our bills have just gone up, so they could finance this complete and utter tripe.

lettice is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub (no Sky Q here, hub is for sky+hd and sky broadband)
      Thanks

Not really sure why this was pushed as very exciting, it is not.
      Agree with many, there are a lot more new innovations that many are looking forward to or have requested that makes this look very dull indeed (not being a fan of social networking).
      It basically is a small marketing tool for sky and the majority of sky customers will not even register it on their radar.

I am involved with app development as part of my job and often have to integrate the social networking aspects into the clients apps (always just part of a marketing budget), but luckily its normally done easily with a quick share link during the app development. When it does need more we then engage third party marketing experts to deal with (based on proven marketing/ad based industry templates).
      Not sure how sky have gone about this, but the pass on cost that a few have mentioned would probably be minimal and part of their current sky marketing/advertising budget.
      Last edited by lettice; 19-08-13 at 09:39 AM.

146Kg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router:
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

It is free, it doesn't hinder those that don't want it, and there may be a few that enjoy it.
      It may not be what a good many of us were hoping for, but let us not be too ungrateful "Every little helps".
      If we slate it off they may not be so keen in the future to develop something else.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Personally speaking I am not keen on either Twitter or Facebook. You won't find me on either.

However, I do recognise that many people do subscribe to oe or both and that many out there listen to what people say on them.

A TV series over in the states had such poor feedback on twitter that the executives cancelled it.

Broadcasters in the UK subscribe to an independent body in order to gather viewer ratings. This helps them to assess how popular content is that they are showing.

Sky already monitor how many people use the 'Remote Record' feature in order to assess how popular a particular programme/film is. They also monitor the CUTV and OD content and Sky Go too. Zeebox, which Sky bought, allows people to share what they are watching and when you use it, you get some idea as to how many people are already watching a programme/film even it you aren't a member.

This will be another tool to aid this knowledge, help them to plan ahead and put better content on our TV.

Sure there will be some people who may not like the fact that their friends know they watch Corry or that they actually like to follow a football team, but you do not have to use this app.

On the other hand, I do recall talking about different TV programmes and films in the playground when I was at school. How many of today's children can say that they do the same?

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

JPL
      JPL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

lincoln, Scubbie and gymno like this.
      JPL

stereohaven is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Asus RT-AC56U
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 2TB Box
      Thanks

Meh. Load of rubbish, but then I seriously doubt it was aimed at miserable people like me anyway.

James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCEAR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

Also aren't most of the TV programs that Sky broadcast American, so UK audiences get very little say anyway? A US broadcaster isn't going to listen to UK viewers who Tweet and FaceBook things though are they. The decision to can a program would be made before and international audiences get any say.

There have a been a couple of examples of TV series getting canned because of low US audience figures yet the same program did better in other countries.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Sadly thee are a huge number of show which were very popular in the UK, but were cancelled because US viewers didn't watch them.

However it does give the UK broadcasters the information that they need to assess whether or not to show the next season and perhaps to repeat the current one in order to pick up additional viewers.

You could also argue that the information will also determine the strategy of home-grown content which Sky has commisioned.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)