Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Problem sites etc

This is a discussion on Problem sites etc within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; We have been asked to record the following information, from our members still having problems with random website access. Members ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Problem sites etc

We have been asked to record the following information, from our members still having problems with random website access.

Members who are reporting problems accessing sites, could you please clarify the following:

1) Can you get to the site but it is extremely slow and/or are you unable to login, or when you access it or try to login you just get a blank white screen and/or endless refreshing of the page

2) After approx 15 seconds you get "Cannot access site" or timeout errors

3) You immediately get DNS errors, or "Cannot access site" errors (can't remember the exact error message IE generates)

If you have the above problem/s, could you please try the following:

a) Clarify whether you are able to access www.google.co.uk (not GMail or anything else, just the front page of Google)

b) Clarify whether you are able to access www.bbc.co.uk

c) Clarify whether you are able to access www.whatismyip.com

Could you please report the IP that whatismyip shows if it is different from the one shown in your router status page. ie 90.154.235.xxx

Please record the answers from the above in this thread, we only need to know the above information for now.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      WiBu is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I no longer have the problems but I'll answer for the sake of getting the information.

1) Just wouldn't connect at all. Got the "Cannot access site" on all of the sites I could not access.

2) Answered above.

3) It didn't appear to be problems with the DNS, I even trier a 3rd party DNS server and got the same problems with the same sites.

To the last 3 questions, I could access all of those sites fine.

bravedan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Littlehampton (SDLTTLH)
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      http://www.freewebs.com/crashgearbox/

Was originally NO access, then after two weeks, partial access began to occur. First only homepage, later homepage plus a couple of other pages.

Slow to build Homepage, once past homepage subsequent pages either take an extremely long time to load or part load and stall, never to load fully. "Our Vehicles" page worst affected, never loading fully. (normally via 2Mb BB on NTL build takes approx 2 seconds). PC on SKY is 3Ghz P4, 1Mb, Geforce X800GTO.

True for both Firefox AND IE. (latest full issues)

Just sometimes the homepage loads quite quickly, but subsequent pages are still affected and the site is not fully navigable. At one point the site became fully navigable, albeit the "Our Vehicles" page (only) was still very very slow. (minutes rather than seconds!!) Several reboots and different IP addresses later, back to incomplete access to this page and poorer access to others.

Site runs perfectly with perfectly normal consistently fast build times from Tiscali Dial Up, Orange Dial Up, (on SKY computer) and NTL Broadband (on another computer elsewhere).

Can't do other checks you ask for now as on NTL, will edit this post when back on SKY. I'm generally able to access sites via SKY that others are saying they cannot though!

Have had this partial loading with a few other sites, but as this one is MY site, have done more experimenting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave
      My Bus speed is 26 mph, what's yours??

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      SKY's own ungainly conglomeration of site IP's (So cannot list one)

Have always been able to login to default profile, but profile screens either show rubbish data (apparantly I was born 1/1/1900, for example), or do NOT completely display.

Several screens only display page header and footer, no main screen data so no menu and no ability to DO anything.

Editing LOGIN just cycles, no action.

sassylady is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWKLAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      All sites loading very quickly
      loading very quickly on sky, all pages, it may all be mended? or is it an exchange problem? I kn ow nothing about exchanges, so just asking.
      Rosie
      12591 kb/s Download 579 kb/s upload

organic Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      i have problems with my internet banking it takes for ever to load a page, or it doesnt work at all and its really really annoying

jeffnation is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

problem getting sites

I find it quite hard to log onto the bbc/radio 1 site

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by bravedan View Post
      SKY's own ungainly conglomeration of site IP's (So cannot list one)

Have always been able to login to default profile, but profile screens either show rubbish data (apparantly I was born 1/1/1900, for example), or do NOT completely display.

Several screens only display page header and footer, no main screen data so no menu and no ability to DO anything.

Editing LOGIN just cycles, no action.

Was originally NO access, then after two weeks, partial access began to occur. First only homepage, later homepage plus a couple of other pages.

Slow to build Homepage, once past homepage subsequent pages either take an extremely long time to load or part load and stall, never to load fully. "Our Vehicles" page worst affected, never loading fully. (normally via 2Mb BB on NTL build takes approx 2 seconds). PC on SKY is 3Ghz P4, 1Mb, Geforce X800GTO.
      True for both Firefox AND IE. (latest full issues)

Just sometimes the homepage loads quite quickly, but subsequent pages are still affected and the site is not fully navigable. At one point the site became fully navigable, albeit the "Our Vehicles" page (only) was still very very slow. (minutes rather than seconds!!) Several reboots and different IP addresses later, back to incomplete access to this page and poorer access to others.

Site runs perfectly with perfectly normal consistently fast build times from Tiscali Dial Up, Orange Dial Up, (on SKY computer) and NTL Broadband (on another computer elsewhere).

Can't do other checks you ask for now as on NTL, will edit this post when back on SKY. I'm generally able to access sites via SKY that others are saying they cannot though!

Have had this partial loading with a few other sites, but as this one is MY site, have done more experimenting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave
      Reporting as requested................

Arrived tonight, connection had crashed, forced to power cycle router, meaning IP address change..........................

ONE of the three does not work, www.bbc.co.uk.."Server not found" .............but it DID last week!!!!!!

whatismyip reports the same as the Router...............

www.freewebs.com\crashgearbox now WORKING....but I have had this BEFORE, a week or more ago, when after another forced router reboot it went back to not loading completely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLEARLY this issue seems related to specific SKY issued IP addresses??????????

Dave

Sparkymatt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wickford
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Downloading from Rapidshare.de

I am having trouble downloading from Rapidshare.de. I can access the site ok, but when I type the code to download a file, the site thinks that I am a bot and wont let me download.

My IP address is from whatsmyip is trhe same as that reported by my router.

I can access bbc.co.uk and google.co.uk without any problems.

Matt

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by bravedan View Post
      Reporting as requested................

Arrived tonight, connection had crashed, forced to power cycle router, meaning IP address change..........................

ONE of the three does not work, www.bbc.co.uk.."Server not found" .............but it DID last week!!!!!!

whatismyip reports the same as the Router...............

www.freewebs.com\crashgearbox now WORKING, all pages....but I have had this BEFORE, a week or more ago, when after another forced router reboot it went back to not loading completely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLEARLY this issue seems related to specific SKY issued IP addresses??????????

Dave

SO, here we are again, it's 07:00 Monday, no router reboot since last part of post above................whatismyip confirms the same.............

BUT NOW........bbc.co.uk loads fully and quickly

BUT NOW.........www.freewebs.com\crashgearbox loads the homepage background, and then stalls................with "waiting for images" message bottom.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH HHHHH!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 27-03-08, 04:58 PM