Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pay-as-you-go Sky Sports comes to NOW TV

This is a discussion on Pay-as-you-go Sky Sports comes to NOW TV within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Stupid bloody greedy sky 9.99 for 24 hours period - cannot be right! Should be 9.99 a month. Cheeky sky ...

bulldog147 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cuckoo Oak
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: 1 x Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Pay-as-you-go Sky Sports comes to NOW TV

Stupid bloody greedy sky 9.99 for 24 hours period - cannot be right! Should be 9.99 a month. Cheeky sky need a shot on their head!

2. Advertisement
      tech3475 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

A PAYG Sky Sports isn't a bad idea, but at 9.99 for 24 hours I would be very surprised if there is much uptake.

Only once in a blue moon will I want to watch sky sports BUT that's only for the odd football game where 24 hour access isn't needed, 3 for the game maybe but 9.99 is very steep and I'd rather just check the scores.

I would say Cricket fans may benefit but they can last several days so you're better of subscribing anyway.

bulldog147 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cuckoo Oak
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: 1 x Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I will pass this onto ofcom to see if ofcom is allow this as 9.99 per 24 hours viewing is well out of order exspecially all of us in a difficulties budget and hardship.

And you all do the same too, form a complaints to ofcom, bbc watchdog. The more we complaints, they will take action against greedy sky. 9.99 per 24 hours is totally unaccepted!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog147 View Post
      I will pass this onto ofcom to see if ofcom is allow this as 9.99 per 24 hours viewing is well out of order exspecially all of us in a difficulties budget and hardship.

And you all do the same too, form a complaints to ofcom, bbc watchdog. The more we complaints, they will take action against greedy sky. 9.99 per 24 hours is totally unaccepted!
      I agree that is it very expensive, but I have to point out no one is twisting your arm forcing you to pay. Its a take it if you want and can afford to pay choice.

Have you got NowTV? If you have Sky TV then you have no need for it. The cost of Sports on Sky TV is far less than NowTV and has a much better choice. I think you are forgetting that NowTV is aimed at those who cannot receive Sky Satellite TV, not Sky TV customers.

I doubt if Ofcom would be interested in your complaint or Watchdog, they are more interested on people who have things thrust upon them, not things which are a matter of choice. Its a bit like a restaurant charging a bomb for a bottle of wine. No one is forcing you to eat or drink there, so it is pointless complaining..

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme
      I doubt if Ofcom would be interested in your complaint or Watchdog
      If it turns out they are though, could you update this thread please?

I have my eye on an aston martin.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,583 Posts

I have my eye on an aston martin.
      I rather fancy the new Jaguar XF, but they are greedy and charging too much for it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I rather fancy the new Jaguar XF, but they are greedy and charging too much for it.
      What!
      Jaguar are at it as well?

Blimey, after checking Lambo's Aventador & Ferrari's 458, i assumed laws were just different regarding imports.

Right, where's that watchdog phone number...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)