Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Like Tree5Likes

Sky to Acquire Telefónica UK's Broadband and Fixed-Line Telephony Business

This is a discussion on Sky to Acquire Telefónica UK's Broadband and Fixed-Line Telephony Business within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Well looks like After spending 4 years with BE I will be forced to go with someone else than be ...

mental1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky to Acquire Telefónica UK's Broadband and Fixed-Line Telephony Business

Well looks like After spending 4 years with BE I will be forced to go with someone else than be migrated to Crappy sky. I had a perfect connection with sky so many moons ago and I was happy with their services then one thing after another happened and they couldn't fix the problem that was on the exchange and could not find it.

I then made the decision to move to BE within 24 hours of activating my services they found out exactly what the problem was and with in 48 hours my speeds where and still are amazing at 24Meg well just under 23.1 meg and lovely upload speeds. My speeds with Sky where 14meg and on some days 15 at the most with a crappy 1meg upload.

With BE I have had an amazing service with them and wish their services where not been moved to SKY BUT I GUESS SKY ARE GREEDY B"£$%^$£S Even with BE sold to O2 they still where 2 separate business as BE/o2 Now comes sky and takes over the services.

I pay £9.00 With BE per month for my 24meg unlimited services and I only have my broadband with them. I some how do not think that I will continue at this price tho now SKY are barging their way in with no way around it,,, And I do not think my services will migrate over to SKY due to my phone line been with someone else and it is not with BT.

I tried Sky one more time to give them a chance as had TV with them but you guessed it, crappy support and would not get anything done and that time around my services where worse off than been with them so I went right back to BE and at the time found out they put me on connect while my exchange is fully opened to all networks and even fiber in area.

So said to see an amazing broadband provider be bought up by crappy business who do not know where their customer service is. I delt with working for Sky 8 years ago and it use to be good as I was actually helping people unlike 80% of Sky reps who do not have a clue in bats hell what their on about when support is needed and you tell them the exact problem and passed to over 4 different departments.

SO LONG BE THERE BROADBAND I WILL FOREVER MISS YOU.

PPS i will not be worthy of SKY I shell go finds me a better provider than SKY, SKY WILL BE MY LAST OPTION, more than likely ill be migrated to Sky then end contract and give the royal middle Finger to their broadband then having rubbish services.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Just who found the problem?

Please remember that all the ISPs who use the BTO infrastructure are reliant on the same people: BTO's Engineers. Some of them are very competent, whilst others just are not up to holding a tea-towel. Should we blame any ISP for the working of BTO when they have no choice but to engage their services?

Speed wise, Sky lifted their blanket freeze on supporting up to 20mb only last April. There are several members who have over 23,000kbps on their ADSL2+ connection.

As for the price, I believe it would be £10 you will be charged if you are on Sky's LLU kit and do not have their TV package. Now if you happen to have Sky TV then you'll be charged £7.50 for the Unlimited Broadband package.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

mental1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Just who found the problem?

Please remember that all the ISPs who use the BTO infrastructure are reliant on the same people: BTO's Engineers. Some of them are very competent, whilst others just are not up to holding a tea-towel. Should we blame any ISP for the working of BTO when they have no choice but to engage their services?

Speed wise, Sky lifted their blanket freeze on supporting up to 20mb only last April. There are several members who have over 23,000kbps on their ADSL2+ connection.

As for the price, I believe it would be £10 you will be charged if you are on Sky's LLU kit and do not have their TV package. Now if you happen to have Sky TV then you'll be charged £7.50 for the Unlimited Broadband package.

Well am not about to jump at it but I will see how things go with the migration as BE moves all stuff over and await my letters from sky. The other problem is is an old account with sky that is not settled and still i do not think it will go to them but will shall wait and see. All I know is SKY ruined my services twice and I wont stand for a 3rd time. Maybe 3 is a charm and it will work fine but will just wait and see with the move over.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,583 Posts

Shouldn't you be blaming BE/O2 for selling you out? It is not Sky's fault that these ISPs cannot continue to supply their great service. If they were making money they would not be selling out. They tried to compete with other ISPs pricewise and still keep their good customer service and could not do it. I think the writing was on the wall when they made no attempt to go fibre, it looks like they could not afford the outlay required. Sky will not twist your arm to take their service, if you want to leave they will not stop you. Don't blame Sky when your previous supplier failed.

There are quite a lot who came to Sky when O2 raised their prices some time back and are quite happy with the service.
      jayhab, puretoon and Scubbie like this.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Lymmranger is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: poynton
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Was on sky about 5 years ago...

currently on O2

awaiting the "new" downside with "baited" breath

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Thanks

Tbh I had been toying with the idea of coming back to Sky recently.
      Now it looks like I wont have a choice.
      I wonder if I will be forced away from having my line rental with BT.
      Fibre is coming my way this year so whoever has the best deal when that arrives will get my custom.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lymmranger View Post
      Was on sky about 5 years ago...

currently on O2

awaiting the "new" downside with "baited" breath
      Looking at your profile, you were on the Connect package back then. Provided that you are still on the same exchange, then Sky now have their LLU kit in there. Unfortunately there is no date for when BTO will roll out Fibre to you.

Quote Originally Posted by dholdi View Post
      Tbh I had been toying with the idea of coming back to Sky recently.
      Now it looks like I wont have a choice.
      I wonder if I will be forced away from having my line rental with BT.
      Fibre is coming my way this year so whoever has the best deal when that arrives will get my custom.
      Many of us, including myself, are hoping that Sky will reduce the price of Fibre. They are currently not the cheapest for an Unlimited Fibre product. Also the SFU product is now the slowest Fibre product on the market.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Lymmranger is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: poynton
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

@ Scubbie

I was actually a very happy SKY customer BB wise
      I used the router mods on here and managed to get 10.2 out it
      I have no interest in higher speeds, after all "stable speeds" are the key
      I have family in london who pay for 50 meg but get less than me
      On O2 I currently get 7.6 and have no instability at all
      my comments were aimed at Mr M`s intention to "rule the world" which cannot be the best of ideas
      glad to see my profile is still here

Thanks

Apologies if I caused offence Lymmranger.

Of course there are some legal hurdles to get over first. The deal has been agreed, bu not signed off. Also the regulators need to examine it all too. I can't see there being any major issues.

As for the final product which will be used by Sky, we can speculate, but I would hope that the terms will be fair for you all.

puretoon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEGF
      Broadband ISP: o2
      Thanks

I also was with Sky Bb prior to O2 and only migrated because Sky doubled the BB fee. This is going back about 5/6 years ago, so am going to wait and see what Sky have to offer but think it'll be fine. I'm sure between them both O2 and Sky will look after their BB customers during the change over.
      We have the full Sky tv package and have had since day one-hubby wouldn't be without it, so can't see any probs anyway. My LL will also be getting changed over to Sky as I'm with O2 for that too.

I'm sure I also read that our email is staying with O2? I sincerely hope so because Sky partnered with Google yrs ago and it wasn't good. It meant you're stuck with your Sky email address as, seemingly, there's no way to stop it even when cancelling Sky BB and now they've gone/going to ruddy Yahoo-out of the ark-so hoping I'll not be using that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast