Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Disney Cinemagic to close in March

This is a discussion on Disney Cinemagic to close in March within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Disney Cinemagic to close in March - January 2013 The Disney Cinemagic channel will be closing in late March, so ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Disney Cinemagic to close in March

Disney Cinemagic to close in March - January 2013
      The Disney Cinemagic channel will be closing in late March, so itíll no longer appear on your Sky TV Guide from this time.
      If you donít have the Sky Movies Pack but pay for Disney Cinemagic as a standalone channel, you'll no longer see this channel on your bill.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. I have the Sky Movies Pack. Will my bill be affected when Disney Cinemagic closes?
        • No. Your bill will remain exactly the same as you receive Disney Cinemagic as a bonus channel with your Sky Movies Pack.

2. I donít have the Sky Movies Pack (Sky Movies 1&2) but I pay for Disney Cinemagic as a standalone channel. How can I keep watching Disney movies when Disney Cinemagic closes?
        • Youíll have received a letter about the changes and how they affect you. There are dozens of Disney and other family movies available on the Sky Movies channels, to help keep everyone entertained. To find out more about the Sky Movies offers available to you, please call 08442 411 297 (or 0818 716 094 in the Republic of Ireland).
      * More news on this topic to follow *

2. Advertisement
      tech3475 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Disney Cinemagic to close in March

I don’t have the Sky Movies Pack (Sky Movies 1&2) but I pay for Disney Cinemagic as a standalone channel. How can I keep watching Disney movies when Disney Cinemagic closes?

You’ll have received a letter about the changes and how they affect you. There are dozens of Disney and other family movies available on the Sky Movies channels, to help keep everyone entertained.
      So if this does affect you and you want to keep disney films, your bill goes from £5 extra to £16 extra.

Sky, believe in paying more.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Since posting the original post in this thread Sky has confirmed the launch of a new channel: Sky Movies Disney.

I don't have the reasons why Sky and Disney have changed their policy from having the content as part of the Children's pack, which became a part of the Entertainment Extra Pack. The new channel will be within the Movies section of the EPG and no longer in the channels for children.

You are not alone in being upset. There will be many others who subscribe to the Entertainment Extra Pack and not the Movies Pack.

There is another advantage, provided that you want to spend a little more money (oops!). This change makes it easier for Sky to include any Disney movies on the 3D channel.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

stereohaven is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Asus RT-AC56U
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 2TB Box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tech3475 View Post
      So if this does affect you and you want to keep disney films, your bill goes from £5 extra to £16 extra.

Sky, believe in paying more.
      I can understand your frustration as a Cinemagic subscriber, but there are (well, for me as a Sky Movies subscriber with kids), quite a few positives in the new deal:

Launching in time for the Easter holidays on 28th March 2013, Sky Movies Disney will show recent hits including Brave, Tinker Bell: Secret of the Wings and Wreck-It Ralph in their first pay TV window. Future releases that will be available include Oz: The Great and Powerful, Monsters University and The Lone Ranger. The new movies will be available on Sky Movies Disney from around six months after they have ended their run in cinemas and will be exclusive to Sky Movies for at least a year.

Alongside new releases, Sky Movies Disney will also offer an extensive library of classic Disney films, including Bambi and Pinocchio, as well as Disney/Pixar animated favourites suchas Finding Nemo, Cars and A Bug’s Life. Live action titles such as Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest and National Treasure will also be available.

In addition to broadcasting in standard and high definition on the Sky Movies Disney channel, all of the new and classic movies will be available to view on demand and on the go. Sky TV customers will be able to watch movies on the move with Sky Go, on their smartphone, tablet, laptop or MacBook. NOW TV, Sky’s new internet TV service, will also offer easy and flexible access to the Disney titles to customers who buy the Sky Movies monthly pass.

Disney films available in 3D will be shown on the Sky 3D channel.
      And the bit I like the look of:

In addition to the launch of the new channel, the agreement gives Sky Movies the first subscription pay TV movie rights in the UK and Ireland to other titles distributed by Disney, including new movies from Lucasfilm, and also Marvel Studios features such as Iron Man 3 and Avengers Assemble, which will be broadcast across the Sky Movies portfolio of channels.
      Also included in the deal is:

In addition to movies, the agreement covers Disney’s TV channels - Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior - which will continue to be made available to Sky customers, alongside a new HD version of Disney Junior, launching in April.

All Disney-branded channels will also continue to be available on Sky Go across a range of internet-connected devices. Additionally, Sky will launch a dedicated Disney section on its popular On Demand service, offering hundreds more hours of catch-up and library shows.
      Disney Cinemagic to close in March-di-sky-movies-disney-logo-di-l3.jpg
      Press Release: Introducing Sky Movies Disney
      Last edited by stereohaven; 23-02-13 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Added picture for no apparent reason whatsoever...

tech3475 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stereohaven View Post
      I can understand your frustration as a Cinemagic subscriber, but there are (well, for me as a Sky Movies subscriber with kids), quite a few positives in the new deal:
      Fortunately it doesn't affect me although I sympathise for those who do (still remember back when the Disney channel was £5 many years ago).

Ian Thompson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Deleated
      Last edited by Ian Thompson; 23-02-13 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Wrong thread.