Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Like Tree14Likes

Sky Line Rental Increases For Existing Customers From December?

This is a discussion on Sky Line Rental Increases For Existing Customers From December? within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by crooklock I joined Sky about a month ago only to be told of the price rise now. ...

VisioN is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky Line Rental Increases For Existing Customers From December?

Quote Originally Posted by crooklock View Post
      I joined Sky about a month ago only to be told of the price rise now.
      The contract allows early termination without charge if they raise 'Sky Broadband Payment' by more than 10%. This is mentioned in clause 11 (c) (ii) of my Sky Broadband and Sky Talk Terms and Conditions. Clause 11 (b) b then allows me to escape the early termination charge.
      What isn't clear is whether the 'Line Rental' increase is the same as a 'Sky Broadband Payment' increase. Im waiting for a reply to my second email to Sky for confirmation. I fear they are different, and so the contract is inescapable, and soon to follow will be a 10% increase in BB prices too. It's quite a slimy way of extracting money from us.
      The links people have mentioned about existing customers not having the price rise have been removed.
      Sky Broadband payments are different from Sky Talk payments as they are two seperate products. Sky Broadband increases dependant on the packages you have (2.50 reduction for TV, 5 reduction for having LR) and if you remove any of the package services and it increases it isn't covered under the 10% increase as you are advised at cancellation of this. It's a bit unfortunate.

2. Advertisement
      razord is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kingsmead
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Finally all sorted here today! Sky's executive team took the payment and applied everything correctly to my bill now.
      NewsreadeR likes this.

Schrodinger56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Just rang SKY on 08442 411 653 after the going through all the interminable menu options I got through to a guy, I asked if I could pay my line rental in advance for a year he said no problem took 119.40 from my card and all done in < 5mins! He also said call back next October to see if we (SKY) can do the same deal.

Job done and very happy at the saving of 54.60

Gavin20 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Darlington
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media
      Router: Virgin Media Super Hub
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I'm very surprised line rental charges are increasing after the Ofcom report earlier this year

New prices for sustainable competition

The price controls are designed to protect the interests of consumers while providing BT and communications providers with the appropriate incentives to continue to invest in networks and services.

Ofcom has confirmed the following controls on annual rental charges (which are expected to run until 31 March 2014):

• A fully unbundled line to a property – where a communications provider takes over the line to provide broadband and telephone services.

The price currently charged by Openreach is 91.50. Under Ofcom’s decision this will be set to 87.41 for financial year 2012/13 and decrease further in the next year in accordance with the formula RPI -5.9%.

• A shared unbundled line to a property – where a communications provider uses a proportion of the line only for the provision of broadband.

The wholesale price today is 14.70 per year. Under Ofcom’s decision this will be set to 11.92 for financial year 2012/13 and decrease further in the next year in accordance with the formula RPI -15.9%.

• Wholesale line rental – used by communications providers to offer telephone services to consumers using lines rented from Openreach.

The price today is 103.68 per year. Under Ofcom’s decision this will be set to 98.81 for financial year 2012/13 and decrease further in the next year in accordance with the formula RPI -7.3%.

These new prices will come into effect on 1 April 2012.

Ofcom | Ofcom sets wholesale charges for Openreach

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,620 Times in 1,582 Posts

These are wholesale prices, which bare little relation to retail prices unfortunately.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

steveing64 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BlytheBridge
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Thanks

Well have managed to pay today for my line rental in advance after contacting executive support team has taken them over a week to sort due to some problem on my account but all done and have to say the level of support was very good kept me informed by email of whats was happening and when they phoned they did if was due to get a call and they knew they could not would email me to say so and give another time.

Well done Sky

Chug a Bug is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Yes
      Sky TV: none
      Thanks

Or just phone Sky and haggle, threaten to leave and point out the cheaper alternatives. I was offered 1/2 price broadband and line rental for 9 months, no minimum term contract.
      Scubbie likes this.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213