Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Like Tree10Likes

Let The New EPG Rollout Begin

This is a discussion on Let The New EPG Rollout Begin within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Thanks scubbie, i didn't know there was a 12P version out. My DRX890 was on 11P & i just manually ...

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: Let The New EPG Rollout Begin

Thanks scubbie, i didn't know there was a 12P version out.

My DRX890 was on 11P & i just manually updated. Cheers.

2. Advertisement
      Schrodinger56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Take a look at the label on the rear. There are 3 different Amstrad model numbers: DRX780, DRX890 and DRX895.

The latest firmware on the DR Stream which is now available is R005.053.70.12P. If your STB doesn't update overnight, then you can do a forced update in the morning.

It says DRX780UK on the back. How do you carry out a forced update if the update isn't naturally forthcoming?

Thanks

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

For a forced update:

• power off the STB at the mains.
      • Press and hold the <Backup> button on the top of the STB (do not use the remote)
      • Power up the STB at the mains, whilst continuing to hold the <Backup> button
      • Wait until the display on the TV confirms that the update has begun, then you can take you finger off the button

The update process will take between 10-20 minutes, do not power it off during this period.

Once the process has completed, press the <Sky> button on your remote control.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

For a forced update:

• power off the STB at the mains.
      • Press and hold the <Backup> button on the top of the STB (do not use the remote)
      • Power up the STB at the mains, whilst continuing to hold the <Backup> button
      • Wait until the display on the TV confirms that the update has begun, then you can take you finger off the button

The update process will take between 10-20 minutes, do not power it off during this period.

Once the process has completed, press the <Sky> button on your remote control.
      Thanks.

Can I also ask if I want to use the new version of Sky Anytime+ now called On Demand can I just connect my Sky Broadband Router to my Sky Box via an ethernet cable? I do have a wireless connector that Sky sent me some time ago when they first brought out Anytime+ (see attatched image). However when I attach this wireless connector to my Sky Box the wireless indicator light doesn't come on. Do I need a new wireless connector or do I have to activate the service?

Thanks
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Let The New EPG Rollout Begin-router.jpg  

Thanks

That looks like the SkyHD STB (Amstrad DRX595). This is designed primarily as a multi-room STB with a single feed from the LNB.

Currently it hasn't had the new style EPG released for it. Sky has this tabled for early next year and there is promises for some extra features too.

It would highly recommend that you look to connect it up to your LAN if you have a Sky+ HD STB. Whilst it won't access the On Demand content for now and I do not have all the details for what is coming, but it promises to be good.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Exchange:
      Thanks

That looks like the SkyHD STB (Amstrad DRX595). This is designed primarily as a multi-room STB with a single feed from the LNB.

Currently it hasn't had the new style EPG released for it. Sky has this tabled for early next year and there is promises for some extra features too.

It would highly recommend that you look to connect it up to your LAN if you have a Sky+ HD STB. Whilst it won't access the On Demand content for now and I do not have all the details for what is coming, but it promises to be good.

That's a picture of the Netgear Sky Wireless Connector that Sky sent me to be able to connect to Sky Anytime which for some reason no longer works.

Thanks

Sorry, my mistake.

Sure an Ethernet cable can be used. This would be the simplest method too.

An alternative idea would be a pair of HomePlugs. Ensure that you get a pair rated to at least 200mbps.

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger56 View Post
      Thanks.However when I attach this wireless connector to my Sky Box the wireless indicator light doesn't come on. Do I need a new wireless connector or do I have to activate the service?
      With the wireless connector connected if you go to the network settings screen (services>Settings>Network) is your routers SID listed? If it is select it and you should be prompted for your routers password. Enter it using the buttons on the remote control. Ensure that any letters in the password are entered using the correct case. The wireless indicator light will only illuminate once a connection has been successfully negotiated.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      With the wireless connector connected if you go to the network settings screen (services>Settings>Network) is your routers SID listed? If it is select it and you should be prompted for your routers password. Enter it using the buttons on the remote control. Ensure that any letters in the password are entered using the correct case. The wireless indicator light will only illuminate once a connection has been successfully negotiated.
      No, I get the following:-

Local Connection Fail

Service Connection Fail

IP Address 0.0.0.0

DHCP ON

I have tried pressing the Reset button on the back of the wireless connector but all that happens is the WiFi light flashes whilst I have the reset button depressed then when I release the reset button the WiFi light goes out.

Update. Had a brainwave and thought I'd change the ethernet cable between the connector and the HD Box and it connected however I'm getting the message that I need to visit sky.com/anytimeplus which I think I'll be required to activate the service by phoning Sky!

Thanks
      Last edited by Schrodinger56; 19-11-12 at 10:08 AM.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,581 Posts

Have you enabled it on your Account, you have to add it to your package.

I have heard that the final EPG version is now being rolled out to all boxes, including the Samsung, Pace and 780.All should have it within the next few days. I have also heard that boxes without a Sky sub are receiving the update.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)