Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Like Tree10Likes

Let The New EPG Rollout Begin

This is a discussion on Let The New EPG Rollout Begin within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Sorry to be a nuisance but one things I'd like to know about BBC iPlayer is if you can get ...

cylon6 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Let The New EPG Rollout Begin

Sorry to be a nuisance but one things I'd like to know about BBC iPlayer is if you can get 7 day catch up with radio shows like you can on other playforms?

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cylon6 View Post
      Sorry to be a nuisance but one things I'd like to know about BBC iPlayer is if you can get 7 day catch up with radio shows like you can on other playforms?
      Those of us involved in the Beta Testing are having to keep a lot of information quiet surrounding the new Catch Up TV services which have recently been added and the forthcoming additions which are coming soon.

Without stating the obvious, there is a clue in the name.

It would hope that this would change in the future, but couldn't say.

I trust that you can forgive us for not giving you a straight answer.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cylon6 View Post
      But NDAs are still in effect though? I love this. It's like being in a Bond movie!
      They maybe, however, we will not publish anything posted by external Beta Testers, as it may put at risk future projects that Sky involve their customers with. If the leak comes from somewhere else, then at least the customers cannot be accused of posting the information.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Those of us involved in the Beta Testing are having to keep a lot of information quiet surrounding the new Catch Up TV services which have recently been added and the forthcoming additions which are coming soon.

Without stating the obvious, there is a clue in the name.

It would hope that this would change in the future, but couldn't say.

I trust that you can forgive us for not giving you a straight answer.
      I understand about not being able to say anything. I'm just chomping at the bit to get the update and catch up services. When I see how the iPlayer is on other platforms (non PC), I keep hoping that Sky will be able to have that version purely because it'd be great to get that through the TV.

It's when people say "forthcoming additions" that my interest gets piqued and then start speculating about what might be coming. I love technology!

Thanks

Since the current Catch Up TV and On Demand services were launched in the current format, there have been quite a few subtle changes in the layout.

For example there is currently a "HD" icon within the Movies and Sky Store sections. These can be changed easily by Sky, or in the case of the ITV Player and Demand 5 by the content suppliers. They do not require firmware updates and have been changing on a regular basis over the past weeks. I guess this is because they are seeing what works best and just how well things work with the customers.

There are some other 'tweaks' to the latest beta versions and these are/will gradually being/be rolled out to everyone else. Many of these tweaks will go unnoticed by most people and treated as an 'annoyance', but they have been reported and in most cases fixed already.

I think that most people will be very happy with the final additions to the STB in this current round. IMHO there is still some things to be improved, but these have been mentioned and heard by various people involved. Many of those involved are also taking what has been discussed in various forums, including SkyUser, and feeding it back through the beta groups.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Since the current Catch Up TV and On Demand services were launched in the current format, there have been quite a few subtle changes in the layout.

For example there is currently a "HD" icon within the Movies and Sky Store sections. These can be changed easily by Sky, or in the case of the ITV Player and Demand 5 by the content suppliers. They do not require firmware updates and have been changing on a regular basis over the past weeks. I guess this is because they are seeing what works best and just how well things work with the customers.

There are some other 'tweaks' to the latest beta versions and these are/will gradually being/be rolled out to everyone else. Many of these tweaks will go unnoticed by most people and treated as an 'annoyance', but they have been reported and in most cases fixed already.

I think that most people will be very happy with the final additions to the STB in this current round. IMHO there is still some things to be improved, but these have been mentioned and heard by various people involved. Many of those involved are also taking what has been discussed in various forums, including SkyUser, and feeding it back through the beta groups.
      Interesting and useful information as always Scubbie.

So are beta testers for the last round of Sky+ boxes to get an update the people that are seeing the final EPG software before launch or are all beta testers (for various Sky+ boxes) still being asked to provide feedback?

Thanks

The Beta groups continue to help provide feedback and see revised versions.

If you were to peek at the Sky forums you will see a lot of complaints over the different versions and some specific issues.

On this forum some members have raised an issue that is seen on some surround sounds systems. It is hoped that this will be fixed soon.

Someone not on this forum did tweet about a new update the other week, after the current one that all the non-beta testers are on. This version was also mentioned in a post on the Sky forum by someone outside the beta group, which was provided specifically to see if a particular issue could be fixed. It was and they were very happy as a result.

Essentially if there are no major issues and the new fixes work, then the next version will be rolled out.

It is probably worth mentioning that when the Darwin file system was launched, there were many 'updates' which people didn't realise about. They were just quietly rolled out. Confidence in the product was fair to good. Please don't let the knowledge of the updates affect your confidence in the latest version which you have.

I don't know the specific figures, but with a little over 10 million Sky TV customers, a good number of those will have the Sky+ HD STB and the largest group of those will have either the DRX890 or DRX895. These updates have affected a huge number of people and the reported issues on the forums, although serious to those affected, are numerically small and are being addressed properly.

Thanks

One thing I hope will appear one day on the EPG is that they have full schedules for radio stations and you could record individual shows like with the TV channels. I'd love to be able to scroll through the day, see the programme I want to record and then just press record rather than doing manual record for a radio station.

Thanks
      I too have the never understood why there is a lack of information on the Sky planner.

Many of the same radio stations are also available on Freeview where the information is available.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using Forum Runner

nevets5891 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: ESNRB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

Is there any info on 5.1 over HDMI yet? People on Digital Spy keep arguing whether or not it's possible with a software update, but I'm sure I saw a post about new features from Sky that mentioned it.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)