Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.


    Advertisement

    Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Results 101 to 110 of 175
    Like Tree10Likes

    Let The New EPG Rollout Begin

    This is a discussion on Let The New EPG Rollout Begin within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by cylon6 I'm pleased to see that the new EPG rollout has started to come to the DRX780. ...

    1. #101
      VisioN's Avatar
      VisioN is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Oct 2012
      Posts
      36
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

      Re: Let The New EPG Rollout Begin

      Quote Originally Posted by cylon6 View Post
      I'm pleased to see that the new EPG rollout has started to come to the DRX780. Some already have it and it looks like it'll all be in place (fingers crossed) before Christmas.
      Pace, Samsung and DRX780 will more than likely be updated by the end of November.


    2. Advertisement
    3. #102
      stoothefirst's Avatar
      stoothefirst is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Nov 2011
      Posts
      3
      Thanks
      0
      Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

      Re: Let The New EPG Rollout Begin

      The rollout for Pace, Samsung and DRX780 begins today to a small number of users and if this all goes well the rollout should pick up after that a bit.
      SatDish and NewsreadeR like this.

    4. #103
      NewsreadeR's Avatar
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      St Helens
      Posts
      22,206
      Thanks
      108
      Thanked 366 Times in 300 Posts
      Blog Entries
      48

      Re: Let The New EPG Rollout Begin

      Quote Originally Posted by stoothefirst View Post
      The rollout for Pace, Samsung and DRX780 begins today to a small number of users and if this all goes well the rollout should pick up after that a bit.
      Thanks for the headsup.


      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~


      Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

    5. #104
      cylon6's Avatar
      cylon6 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Posts
      139
      Thanks
      1
      Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

      Re: Let The New EPG Rollout Begin

      Quote Originally Posted by VisioN View Post
      Pace, Samsung and DRX780 will more than likely be updated by the end of November.
      Quote Originally Posted by stoothefirst View Post
      The rollout for Pace, Samsung and DRX780 begins today to a small number of users and if this all goes well the rollout should pick up after that a bit.
      Thanks for the info. It's looking likely that it'll all be done by the end of November and if the BBC iPlayer is ready by then it will be a very Merry Christmas for my TV viewing!

    6. #105
      NewsreadeR's Avatar
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      St Helens
      Posts
      22,206
      Thanks
      108
      Thanked 366 Times in 300 Posts
      Blog Entries
      48

      Re: Let The New EPG Rollout Begin

      Quote Originally Posted by cylon6 View Post
      Thanks for the info. It's looking likely that it'll all be done by the end of November and if the BBC iPlayer is ready by then it will be a very Merry Christmas for my TV viewing!
      Once Sky start the updating of the EPGs to the models that are waiting, which they have done so as of today, it normally happens quite fast from past experiences. All the advertising says iPlayer etc due Autumn, which is now technically, and so I would bet that it will be before the end of November for the remaining boxes to receive the latest EPG

      More likely within the next 2 to 3 weeks.


      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~


      Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

    7. #106
      cylon6's Avatar
      cylon6 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Posts
      139
      Thanks
      1
      Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

      Re: Let The New EPG Rollout Begin

      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Once Sky start the updating of the EPGs to the models that are waiting, which they have done so as of today, it normally happens quite fast from past experiences. All the advertising says iPlayer etc due Autumn, which is now technically, and so I would bet that it will be before the end of November for the remaining boxes to receive the latest EPG

      More likely within the next 2 to 3 weeks.
      Are you guessing 2 to 3 weeks for BBC iPlayer to arrive or for the remaining boxes to be updated?

    8. #107
      NewsreadeR's Avatar
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      St Helens
      Posts
      22,206
      Thanks
      108
      Thanked 366 Times in 300 Posts
      Blog Entries
      48

      Re: Let The New EPG Rollout Begin

      Quote Originally Posted by cylon6 View Post
      Are you guessing 2 to 3 weeks for BBC iPlayer to arrive or for the remaining boxes to be updated?
      Both. I would bet (and I am purely guessing) that there is a clause that x percentage of people must be able to receive it, then it can go live.

      PS - The results are due 1st November iirc an ideal time to announce new stuff.


      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~


      Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

    9. #108
      cylon6's Avatar
      cylon6 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Posts
      139
      Thanks
      1
      Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

      Re: Let The New EPG Rollout Begin

      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Both. I would bet (and I am purely guessing) that there is a clause that x percentage of people must be able to receive it, then it can go live.

      PS - The results are due 1st November iirc an ideal time to announce new stuff.
      I was thinking the iPlaler would go live when most of the boxes get updated. Announcing new stuff about the EPG/software upgrade that beta testers have been looking at?

    10. #109
      NewsreadeR's Avatar
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      St Helens
      Posts
      22,206
      Thanks
      108
      Thanked 366 Times in 300 Posts
      Blog Entries
      48

      Re: Let The New EPG Rollout Begin

      Announcing new stuff about the EPG/software upgrade that beta testers have been looking at?
      Theres hardly anything else left that isn't already out on the forums already about forthcoming features etc

      But announcing iPlayer etc on 1st would make sense.


      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~


      Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

    11. #110
      cylon6's Avatar
      cylon6 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Posts
      139
      Thanks
      1
      Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

      Re: Let The New EPG Rollout Begin

      Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Theres hardly anything else left that isn't already out on the forums already about forthcoming features etc

      But announcing iPlayer etc on 1st would make sense.
      I see. And it would make sense!

     

     
    Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

    LinkBacks (?)


    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    SkyUser - Copyright © 2006-2014. SatDish and NewsreadeR | SkyUser is in no way affiliated with Sky Broadband / BSkyB
    RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT IS GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF PAGE TRANSMISSION | SEO by vBSEO