Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Like Tree29Likes

Catch Up TV On Your EPG Very Soon

This is a discussion on Catch Up TV On Your EPG Very Soon within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Good spot! I'm not 100% sure at the moment when the update will start to be rolled out. I am ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Re: Catch Up TV On Your EPG Very Soon

Good spot!

I'm not 100% sure at the moment when the update will start to be rolled out. I am also peeved over the fact that it only references the iPad remote control feature. No reference to a similar app for the PC or Android systems.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      Restorer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      I am also peeved over the fact that it only references the iPad remote control feature. No reference to a similar app for the PC or Android systems.
      Well they did slip up earlier in the week by making that "Super Planner" website live. It only really worked properly with IE9 though. I uninstalled it from my machine as it was popping up error messages all over the place and they pulled the download site soon after.

As for Android, while I don't really believe the Apple-favouring conspiracy theories, I do begin to wonder if Sky are actually developing these apps in-house at all. I fancy they may be farming this stuff out to some development company that are just not geared up to adapting to the fast-changing scene.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Good spot!

I'm not 100% sure at the moment when the update will start to be rolled out.

From what we were told, and because there is absolutely no point in holding it back now, seems as it is all out in the open....

When it comes to timescales, it's looking good for the next week or so. However, BBC iPlayer will not be included. This won't be live until later in the year. No firm timescale.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

mrbish82 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

Does the new on demand/catch up service download the episode to the planner like anytime+ does currently? Or is that not known yet?

Always thought it ruined the experience of having something "on demand" when i've used it in the past, you find something you want to watch and it starts to download, then you have to exit out and then scroll down to find the downloading episode in the planner before starting to watch it. Would make more sense if it just streamed the content directly.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrbish82 View Post
      Does the new on demand/catch up service download the episode to the planner like anytime+ does currently? Or is that not known yet?
      Unfortunately I can't answer this question at the moment.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,581 Posts

Always thought it ruined the experience of having something "on demand" when i've used it in the past, you find something you want to watch and it starts to download, then you have to exit out and then scroll down to find the downloading episode in the planner before starting to watch it. Would make more sense if it just streamed the content directly.
      I would hope it would go into the Planner. Not everyone has a fast enough connection to to stream it directly. You can usually watch Anytime+ after a few seconds if you have a fast enough connection. After selecting the 'This program is ready to watch' message comes up, it is up to you whether you wait for this or go to the Planner. One big advantage of having it in the Planner is that you can stop and start it whenever you want.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Restorer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Current Anytime+ does not work the way you describe. You certainly can watch it straight from where you select it. Indeed if you don't in the meantime run something else from the Planner, pressing the play button will take you back to that section and not the Planner!

mrbish82 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Oh right, i don't know why i thought i couldn't play the episodes direct. Am i thinking of an old version maybe?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,581 Posts

If your download speed was too low you might have to download virtually all the program before you could start watching, but with an average ADSL connection it should take no more than a minute or so.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Moxey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Redditch
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2TB + Mini
      Thanks

ok i should wake up first before posting

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast