Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Like Tree10Likes

Sagem 2504n New FW Issues - 6.14.1a4N_UNI

This is a discussion on Sagem 2504n New FW Issues - 6.14.1a4N_UNI within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Hi folks, we are now in a position to be able to offer a firmware roll back while this is ...

Sky eService Team is offline Sky Team
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Corporate
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sagem 2504n New FW Issues - 6.14.1a4N_UNI

Hi folks, we are now in a position to be able to offer a firmware roll back while this is investigated.

If you would like us to do this for you please see the post here.
      Sky eService Team

Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help
      My Sky and Sky iD https://mysky.sky.com

2. Advertisement
      dragon2611 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: AAISP + Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sky eService Team View Post
      Hi folks, we are now in a position to be able to offer a firmware roll back while this is investigated.

If you would like us to do this for you please see the post here.

Hmm so basically finding the router on the management platform (Probably TR-69 based) and then changing the config on the management system so that particular router gets pushed the old firmware.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,583 Posts

So if you are not visitor/member of this or the official forum you are left in the dark. The problem is widespread so they should be rolling back all the upgrades, not just the ones who have requested it. Looking at the Official forum it seems the rollback procedure is not working too well anyway.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Angel_Rex is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Uckfield
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: SKY SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      So if you are not visitor/member of this or the official forum you are left in the dark. The problem is widespread so they should be rolling back all the upgrades, not just the ones who have requested it. Looking at the Official forum it seems the rollback procedure is not working too well anyway.

Indeed, my bro is having problems with his too. Hasnt been rolled back yet. Lucky I gave him my DG934GT^^

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Nice of the Sky Team to update this thread and let us know this information, after all, we alerted them to the problem in the first place.

Firmware rollback update – after some initial trial testing we now know that rolling back your router firmware to an earlier version will cause your router to lose any bespoke settings you may have set up.

The impact of this is that you will have to re-enter any personalised settings into your router.

We plan on completing firmware rollbacks to customers who have requested one tonight.

In the interest of keeping you informed and involved, we ask that if you do NOT wish to undergo a router firmware rollback (and have previously requested to be part of this) to let us know by PM'ing the Sky+Forum+Team account so we can remove you from our list. In the meantime, please be assured that we are working with Sagem and are very close to identifying a fix.
      Angel_Rex likes this.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

St1ffl3r is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hailsham
      Thanks

@Newsreader,
      I saw there was an update from SeanP on the sky forum and he informed that there was updates to be rolled back LAST night this being for all those people who had given MAC addresses for their routers. Mine had been plugged in all night and i had also given my MAC address to them but as yet this has not been done.

In all i am pretty dissapointed with Sky as they cant even re-configure my line to a suitable speed without putting on DLM or telling me that on a Low ping gamer profile i cant get anything more than 2mb down. I feel like banging my head against the wall at the moment!

Re: The Cause of the High Pings / TS3 / etc issues.....

[ Edited ]Options

16-08-2012 04:27 PM - edited 16-08-2012 05:10 PM
      Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we continue to investigate this issue.

We have made some progress but we are not quite there yet with it. In the meantime we have identified how inconvenient this is for you all and as a temporary workaround to get you back up and running we can roll back the firmware.

If you would like us to do that for you, can you please send a private message to the Sky+Forum+Team account with your Mac address and we will action the request.

Thanks
      SeánP
      Sky Knowledge Advisor
      Forum Help http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/help/faqpage

Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Router updates, once posted, can take up to 24 hours to be picked up by your router.

The Sky router will check about once a day for any firmware updates and will download and install the update once it has been found.

If you want to speed things up, power cycle your Sky router and it will look as soon as it has an Internet connection, meaning that it will then promptly download and install the update.

Please remember that you must NOT power off the router once the update process has started. It is also a very good idea to back up your router's settings if you have changed any of them for your needs, so that should they can easily be restored should they become corrupt.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

St1ffl3r is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hailsham
      Thanks

Hey Scubbie.
      Thanks for the details I understand the usual way updates are loaded to routers, but due to the issues and the implications of some people want it and others dont i thought they would manually change each requested MAC address to roll back to the previous version. As sean says above you will only get it if you requested it...

P.S if you read further on the forum post you'll see that he will only change over ones that have been requested (sorry i didnt include that mentioned quote from Seanp)

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Router updates, once posted, can take up to 24 hours to be picked up by your router.

The Sky router will check about once a day for any firmware updates and will download and install the update once it has been found.

If you want to speed things up, power cycle your Sky router and it will look as soon as it has an Internet connection, meaning that it will then promptly download and install the update.

Please remember that you must NOT power off the router once the update process has started. It is also a very good idea to back up your router's settings if you have changed any of them for your needs, so that should they can easily be restored should they become corrupt.
      Last edited by St1ffl3r; 22-08-12 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Missed something off

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

IIRC, when your router checks for the updates, it uses the MAC Address as part of the process.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

@Newsreader,
      I saw there was an update from SeanP on the sky forum and he informed that there was updates to be rolled back LAST night this being for all those people who had given MAC addresses for their routers. Mine had been plugged in all night and i had also given my MAC address to them but as yet this has not been done.
      Hi

I know, I posted the reply in the post above yours.

I notice it didn't go through though, nothing surprising there then.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast