Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre Is Here

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre Is Here within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; The checkers are really weird, god knows how it decides if it gives a speed prediction or not, with that ...

Moxey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2TB + Mini
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre Is Here

The checkers are really weird, god knows how it decides if it gives a speed prediction or not, with that Ipsley exchange near me that is almost finished, if i put in a number from that exchange where FTTC is now available it gives a result but other numbers from the same exchange but in the part where they are still working on blockages and fixing existing ducting it just gives that message i quoted above and no speed prediction but you get a speed prediction and they havent even started by you yet, go figure

2. Advertisement
      Ssscrudddy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01604
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: Freeview
      Thanks

You would think companies like Sky & BT could get their info right.

Using the BT Infinity checker, neither my town nor my exchange are listed anywhere & apparently dont exist (Northampton, Hardisgtone exchange) yet 2 towns nearby are listed in the wrong area as well as 1 part of my town.

Also using the Sky broadband checker, using my phone number & postcode it says I dont have a compatible phone line & cant get any broadband, & using the address checker it says I dont have a compatible phone line & need to get 1 installed, even though I'm on Sky Broadband Unlimited & am using a Sky telephone line.

Anyaway according to Sam Knows, my exchange gets Fibre 30th June 2012, so fingers crossed
      Is the pub open yet?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,620 Times in 1,582 Posts

Also using the Sky broadband checker, using my phone number & postcode it says I dont have a compatible phone line & cant get any broadband, & using the address checker it says I dont have a compatible phone line & need to get 1 installed, even though I'm on Sky Broadband Unlimited & am using a Sky telephone line.
      This always happens with Sky phone lines. The checker cannot distinguish that it is a Sky line, only that it is not compatible with BT, which is what the checker is looking for. Strange but true.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Router: Billion 7800N
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

I wonder how long after an exchange has fibre will Sky fibre be available?

My exchange has Sky LLU and fibre is enable on 30th June.

dog-man

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

The actual 'Live Date' is always grouped into a 3 month block, so it could go live before 30th June. At the same time there may be local issues with the conduits being damaged and causing delays to the installations.

As for getting SFU once the exchange has gone live, in reality we don't know. It may be that Sky are able to upgrade their kit within a few days or they may have to wait a month or more.

Certainly I'll be watching closely for my own exchange when it does go live and for the earliest date that I'll be able to order SFU or SFUP.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123