Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Sky Sports launches F1 channel

This is a discussion on Sky Sports launches F1 channel within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Sky Sports is to launch a dedicated channel for its new in-depth Formula 1 coverage, taking viewers under the skin ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Sky Sports launches F1 channel

Sky Sports is to launch a dedicated channel for its new in-depth Formula 1 coverage, taking viewers under the skin of the sport.

Starting in March 2012, Sky Sports F1 HD will get Sky customers closer than ever, with more action, analysis and information - on their TV, online and mobile devices - throughout the season.

This new home of Formula 1 will be the only place to enjoy live coverage of the whole Grand Prix season, including all practice and qualifying sessions and every race in the calendar.

From its launch, Sky Sports F1 HD will give viewers:

EVERY RACE LIVE: From March to November, every moment of each race will be live in HD, without the interruption of adverts.

LIVE PRACTICE AND QUALIFYING: Every practice and qualifying session for each Grand Prix will be shown live on one channel, Sky Sports F1 HD.

THE FULL SEASON IN-DEPTH: Over nine months, viewers will have a wealth of programmes with in-depth interviews, archive action and weekly magazine shows.

EXTRA LIVE CONTENT: Through Sky's interactive service, fans can follow the action through on-board cameras, go behind the scenes with the teams in the pits, and follow race data, to take them further inside the sport.

The dedicated channel will be provided at no extra charge to all Sky TV customers who take both Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 or the HD pack of channels. It will be found at 408 in Sky's on-screen guide, after a scheduled move of the Sky Sports channels. Sky Sports viewers without the Sky+ HD pack will receive a standard definition version.

Sky Sports F1 HD viewers can also follow the action wherever they are with all live coverage on Sky Go, through online, mobile or tablet devices, at no extra charge.

Announcing the new channel, Barney Francis, Managing Director of Sky Sports, said: "Formula 1 followers are hungry for more and we want to give them the ultimate experience. It's not just every minute of every race but a channel devoted to Formula 1.

"We can now tell the whole story of the season, from every Grand Prix, from start to finish. Formula 1 will get the full Sky Sports treatment. We have big plans for live shows and a rich line-up of Formula 1 programmes; getting to the drivers, exploring the technology and lapping up the drama.

"With a dedicated channel for Formula 1 we can also give all sports fans the depth and breadth of sports they demand every weekend, right through the year."

Jeremy Darroch, Sky's Chief Executive, added: "This brand new channel again proves Sky's commitment to investing in the best content for customers. It will give even more value to Sky customers and create another reason for others to consider pay TV.

"This is another example of the value we are creating for customers through our content leadership. It follows the recent launch of other high-quality new channels like Sky Atlantic and Sky 3D as well as our growing commitment to UK original content in areas such as drama, comedy and the arts."

More information on Sky Sports F1 HD can be found at www.sky.com/f1
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 25-11-11 at 12:49 PM.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      jayhab is offline Site Content Team
      Exchange: Connah's Quay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: not any more!
      Thanks

Re: Sky Sports launches F1 channel

Why has no one commented on this? It's amazing news!

reddwarfcrew is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Thanks
      Brindle has confirmed on twitter that he's joinging sky to commentate and do grid walks.

matrix is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

"Amazing News"? Well it is and it isn't.

SKY are introducing a completely separate Sports Channel for F1, yet it is only going to be available to those who subscribe to the SKY Sports package.

I have never subscribed to the SKY Sports Channels because I do not like football, cricket, rugby, tennis, athletics, boxing, wrestling or any other sport that is covered by the SKY Sports channels.

I do follow F1 and have done for years and I like to watch other motorsports now and again all of which are on Eurosport or one of the ITV channels.

I do not see why I should pay another 20 per month just to watch the F1 Channel. Why should I have to pay 20 per month for a whole host of sports coverage that I will never watch? Don't get me wrong, I can understand that it may only be right that I pay and I would certainly consider subscribing to the SKY Sport F1 channel at a reduced rate to those paying for all the sports channels but I refuse to pay for other sports coverage that I will never watch.

You would not go out for a meal in a restaurant and expect to pay for four meals even though you only consumed one meal, would you?!

I realise that SKY is such a big organisation that they can charge what they like for what coverage they like knowing that enough people will pay to compensate for the loss of my custom so I'm just expressing my humble view and maybe a number of other people hold the same view which may explain the lack of any comments and lack of enthusiasm compared to that expressed by jayhab.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matrix View Post
      "Amazing News"? Well it is and it isn't.

SKY are introducing a completely separate Sports Channel for F1, yet it is only going to be available to those who subscribe to the SKY Sports package.

The way I have read this statement is that it is available free of charge if you;

• take both Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2
      • or the HD pack of channels

Which is slightly better news than what I was expecting.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reddwarfcrew View Post
      Brindle has confirmed on twitter that he's joinging sky to commentate and do grid walks.
      It's Brundle ain't it?

Exdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSXXX
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Not a big fan of F1 but I guess it's good news for the fans. Wonder how this would affect the pricing next year.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,583 Posts

Does this mean if you have the HD pack, you get the F1 channel?
      take both Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2

or the HD pack of channels

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Does this mean if you have the HD pack, you get the F1 channel?
      Yes - That's how I have read it.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,583 Posts

I hope you are right and it is not just another example of Sky's poor understanding of the English language at times.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast