Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sky introduces Sky Anytime+

This is a discussion on Sky introduces Sky Anytime+ within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Combining the best of broadcast and broadband, Sky+HD to deliver even more choice, control and flexibility Sky Anytime+, Sky’s new ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Sky introduces Sky Anytime+

Combining the best of broadcast and broadband, Sky+HD to deliver even more choice, control and flexibility

Sky Anytime+, Sky’s new internet delivered video-on-demand (VoD) service, is to begin rolling-out to millions of Sky+HD homes. Launching to customers from Tuesday, Sky+HD set-top boxes will be able to connect to the Sky Broadband network to access a comprehensive on-demand service, providing even more choice and control to complement Sky+ and the existing Sky Anytime ‘push’ VoD service.

Once connected, customers will have the opportunity to access an updating library of content which they can ‘pull’ to their TVs to watch whenever they like. With thousands of hours of great TV to choose from, customers can access over 600 films, popular entertainment and drama ‘box-sets’ (including iconic series from HBO), documentaries, the arts and much more besides. As well as offering content from Sky Movies, Sky Sports, Sky Arts and Sky 1, the service – which comes at no extra charge for subscribers - will also offer a wide range of programming from third party channels, with the on-demand library continuing to build over the coming months.

The Sky Anytime+ interface is an extension of the existing Sky+HD electronic programme guide (EPG). The use of thumbnail images, editorialised listings and helpful search tools means that content discovery is intuitive and straightforward. Sky Anytime+ works on a progressive download basis which means content becomes available to view before it has fully downloaded. For most customers this means content is ready to watch in less than a minute.

The confirmation of the launch of Sky Anytime+ comes as Sky reveals its latest trading update for the 3 months ending the 30th September 2010. During the quarter Sky added 96,000 new TV customers, taking its total customer base to 9,956,000. The quarter also saw continued growth in the other products and services Sky offers, particularly Sky Broadband and Sky+HD.

In just four years almost 30% of Sky customers have signed up to Sky Broadband with 2,802,000 now taking the service. With its fastest growth in more than two years, Sky remains the UK’s fastest growing ISP. During the quarter, Sky also extended its High Definition (HD) leadership, with over 3,154,000 homes now able to access Sky’s 50 HD channels. Sky also launched Europe’s first residential 3D TV channel, Sky 3D.

The increasing appetite for HD and the growing reach of Sky’s broadband network illustrate how consumers benefit from the combination of Sky’s digital satellite and broadband technology to bring entertainment and communication services to people’s homes.

Stephen van Rooyen, Sky’s Deputy MD of Marketing, comments: “Sky Anytime+ demonstrates the benefit of being able to use the best combination of distribution platforms in delivering what our customers want. Through Sky Broadband customers can now explore a rich library of programming to watch on-demand through their TVs. Meanwhile satellite continues to satisfy the increasing demand for high bandwidth services like HD and 3D, and Sky+ continues to help customers define their own schedules from the best of the week’s TV.

“We’re introducing Sky Anytime+ against the backdrop of another really strong quarter for Sky Broadband with our fastest growth in over two years. Customers are responding to our mix of high quality, great value broadband products. At the same time we continue to increase the number of our TV customers, with millions now opting to take our state-of-the-art Sky+HD box.”

Sky Anytime+ will be rolled out to all Sky+HD boxes beginning from 26th October 2010. The majority of Sky’s HD boxes will be ready to receive the service by the end of the year with the remaining boxes to follow in a phased roll out through the first part of 2011.

For more information: Sky Anytime+ - TV on demand from Sky – Register for the latest news updates now

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      mickr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Verwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Sky introduces Sky Anytime+

Am I right in thinking that you will only be able to get the channels you subscribe to.The way it reads everybody will be able to get 600 films and other programes.But I am shaw I read someware it depends on what package you have,

Mickr

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mickr View Post
      Am I right in thinking that you will only be able to get the channels you subscribe to.The way it reads everybody will be able to get 600 films and other programes.But I am shaw I read someware it depends on what package you have,

Mickr
      If you look at the included link you will see this-
      TV on demand gives you the flexibility to watch the programmes you want to watch at a time that suits you. Today you use Sky+ to catch up with your favourite shows, whilst Sky Anytime helps you to discover a collection of the week's best TV. Later this year you’ll be able to access Sky Anytime+ - a virtual library of entertainment, including 500 movies, series box sets, documentaries and much more all ready to watch at a time that suits you. The content available will depend on your Sky TV subscription.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

razam is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

I'm gonna connect my router to the HD box this weekend.

I just hope they have equal amounts of HD & non-HD content. I'm not currently subscribed to Sky HD pack and current Sky Anytime is virtually all HD content, with maybe 1 or 2 programs non-HD

Can anyone who is using Anytime+ confirm if this is the case?

Thanks

AFAIK, there is no HD content on Anytime+, all of the HD content is delivered by the ordinary Anytime.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

sriboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Norwich
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Thanks

i have received an opensource software update to my hd box where if i go into settings on tv guide i now have a network and software tab. is this to do with anytime+ ?

do i just plug a cable from my sky router to the hd box and away i go??

reddwarfcrew is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

.....almost, you also need to log onto your MySky account and order Anytime+

Thanks

If it is a Samsung, which seem to be getting upgraded now, you have to wait till it is shown as 'compatible' in your MySky account. At the moment they are still showing -
      Unfortunately you do not have a Sky Anytime+ compatible box in your portfolio. We're gradually rolling out the service and it will be available on your Sky box soon.

TomD

Useful Utilites

sriboy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Norwich
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      If it is a Samsung, which seem to be getting upgraded now, you have to wait till it is shown as 'compatible' in your MySky account. At the moment they are still showing -
      that's what mine is saying, how long do think sky will take if they have already sent the software updates?

Thanks

I don't really know, we will just have to be patient and wait and see

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast