Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sky introduces Sky Anytime+

This is a discussion on Sky introduces Sky Anytime+ within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; It's great to see that Sky have admitted to the small amount of issues and are working with their customers ...

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky introduces Sky Anytime+

It's great to see that Sky have admitted to the small amount of issues and are working with their customers as per the link provided. Not many companies do this. http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD-S...010/td-p/17245

Personally i've not experienced any of the issues you have stated. Unfortunately any software upgrade will cause some issues for the minority... just look at any computer (PC or Mac).

The issues only affect a small number of customer. Very few have your set up with a DVDR as they simply record stright to HDD and it is impossible for them to test their equipement with every other device.

The majoriy of those that have suffered issues were those that had used Sky Copy + which is not endorsed or tested by sky. Remove those users and the problems are very small.

I have followed this a lot of the net and Sky are working very closely with all their customers who have suffered from the Darwin update.

Re the Scart issues, why do you still use scart on the sky box in conjunction with the hdmi? I ditched the scart and just watch sky via the hdmi as (for me) it provides a better picture.

2. Advertisement
      Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reddwarfcrew View Post
      It's great to see that Sky have admitted to the small amount of issues and are working with their customers as per the link provided. Not many companies do this. Sky Help Forum - Update - 1TB and Other Sky+HD Software 17/12/2010 - Help & Support from the Official Sky Forum

Personally i've not experienced any of the issues you have stated. Unfortunately any software upgrade will cause some issues for the minority... just look at any computer (PC or Mac).

The issues only affect a small number of customer. Very few have your set up with a DVDR as they simply record stright to HDD and it is impossible for them to test their equipement with every other device.

The majoriy of those that have suffered issues were those that had used Sky Copy + which is not endorsed or tested by sky. Remove those users and the problems are very small.

I have followed this a lot of the net and Sky are working very closely with all their customers who have suffered from the Darwin update.

Re the Scart issues, why do you still use scart on the sky box in conjunction with the hdmi? I ditched the scart and just watch sky via the hdmi as (for me) it provides a better picture.
      You have to do it that way in order to have a DVDR in the circuit. I watch Sky through HDMI on the TV but to archive from Sky to DVDR you have to use scart. It's only since the upgrade that this issue has arisen. Prior to upgrade the Sky box outputted RGB all the time.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I might have mis-understood, but from what you've posted I thought your set up was:

Sky Scart 1 to DVDR
      DVDR Scart to TV

Is this correct? If so, why not just remove the scart....... ah, I see the DVDR scart has to be connected to the TV in order to be able to watch the DVDR. D'oh.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

I might have mis-understood, but from what you've posted I thought your set up was:

Sky Scart 1 to DVDR
      DVDR Scart to TV

Is this correct? If so, why not just remove the scart....... ah, I see the DVDR scart has to be connected to the TV in order to be able to watch the DVDR. D'oh.
      Sky HD box to TV HDMI cable, Sky to DVDR Scart cable, DVDR to RGB enabled scart on TV. I will have a look at those links. From what I've read though Sky are finally admitting there's a problem but as usual promising jam tomorrow.

What gets to me though is that knowing full well there is an issue they continue to roll out this buggy software and mess up peoples AV equipment without a bye your leave. What gives them the right to do this sort of thing?

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,583 Posts

What gives them the right to do this sort of thing?
      Although you own the box, Sky own the software that runs it, this gives them the right to change it if they wish. The same applies to Sky routers.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Although you own the box, Sky own the software that runs it, this gives them the right to change it if they wish. The same applies to Sky routers.
      They may own the software but that should not give them the right to knowingly deliver a faulty service. I think Sky would legally have a hard time defending this.

Exchange:
      Thanks

No different to any other companies that sends out buggy updates tho is it?

In a court of law, they take the view of the impact on a resonable average person.

From the information provided, the average person has not been detrimentally impacted by the update. Yes a few may have, but a reasonable person would expect this as this is the nature of software.

Sky would have an easy job defending it as it would never get to court.

Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Thanks

No different to any other companies that sends out buggy updates tho is it?

In a court of law, they take the view of the impact on a resonable average person.

From the information provided, the average person has not been detrimentally impacted by the update. Yes a few may have, but a reasonable person would expect this as this is the nature of software.

Sky would have an easy job defending it as it would never get to court.
      We'll have to disagree on this one I'm afraid. I have been looking on different forums about this very issue i.e. buggy update and the complaints are in their thousands and that's just people who bother using this type of forum as a means of complaining.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thousands!?! Care to post links to the forums. I too have been following them and I'd doubt it's even 100's.

Of course 1000 out of 1,000,000 HD subs is only 0.1%

But yep, happy to agree to disagree.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast