Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

BSkyB to challenge requests for customer information from ACS:Law

This is a discussion on BSkyB to challenge requests for customer information from ACS:Law within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; From what I seen and read their was no court order for SKY it was draft of a court order. ...

micksea173 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Seaham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: BSkyB to challenge requests for customer information from ACS:Law

From what I seen and read their was no court order for SKY it was draft of a court order. Which means the only court order that I did see was for BT and a few other ISPs'. There was no Sky on it. Sky basically saw the draft of the court order and rolled over for ACS:LAW. Yes Sky is saying that there was a court order, but I do have a feeling that there isn't one.

Anyway it is too little too late for me. As a company I cannot ever trust SKY again and have cancelled all my contracts with SKY by the end of October as and I will now be going to FreeSat and Virgin for telephone and Broadband. I feel that SKY don't care about their customers and if they did then they would have fought the court order like what Talk Talk and Virgin Media have done, because Talk Talk and Virgin Media contested the court order ACS Law didn't go after them becuase it would have been kicked out of court.

2. Advertisement
      Mr Spouse is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Somewhere
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by micksea173 View Post
      From what I seen and read their was no court order for SKY it was draft of a court order. Which means the only court order that I did see was for BT and a few other ISPs'. There was no Sky on it. Sky basically saw the draft of the court order and rolled over for ACS:LAW. Yes Sky is saying that there was a court order, but I do have a feeling that there isn't one.
      Was Easynet on the list? Sky connections were identified as Easynet until fairly recently, so the court orders could have been made to Easynet Ltd., who are owned by Sky.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spouse View Post
      Was Easynet on the list? Sky connections were identified as Easynet until fairly recently, so the court orders could have been made to Easynet Ltd., who are owned by Sky.
      No there was no mention of Easynet or SKY or BskyB. From what i can rember from the court order there was BT, Plusnet, Tascali, but that was crossed out as it is owned by Talk talk. There was also no mention of Virgin Media either on the court order.

I have found the court order that I was looking at and this is a list of the companies that were on it

BT
      Entanet International Ltd
      KCOM Group Ltd (Kingston Communications)
      Plusnet PLC
      Be Unlimited
      O2
      Thus Limited
      I just get the feeling that SKY just rolled over for ACS Law and that is why I have dropped SKY because all they didn't contest it and basically cannot trust SKY ever again. I haven't seen the list, so I wouldn't know if I was on it or not, but from now Sky just didn't care about their customers annd by the sounds of it still don't.
      Last edited by micksea173; 02-10-10 at 12:04 AM.

phoz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have a copy of the court order application it is for, 1 BE 2 SKY 3 BT 4 PLUSNET 5 O2
      6 ZEN. Cant see the order being granted and they leave out SKY. Like most other folks I feel sky should have had the balls to contest this order out of consideration to its customers, its been proven it can be done and the money crazed lawyers move on to the next victim.
      It really is all about makinfg fat cats fatter and copyright protection is just an aside

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phoz View Post
      I have a copy of the court order application it is for, 1 BE 2 SKY 3 BT 4 PLUSNET 5 O2
      6 ZEN. Cant see the order being granted and they leave out SKY. Like most other folks I feel sky should have had the balls to contest this order out of consideration to its customers, its been proven it can be done and the money crazed lawyers move on to the next victim.
      It really is all about makinfg fat cats fatter and copyright protection is just an aside
      Totally agree there must have been two court orders as the one that I was looking at was for 09. Sky didn't have the balls unlike Virgin Media and Talk talk who did and contested and ACS Law knew it would be kicked out of court that is why when the court order did come through for they just rolled over and here is customers' data and details without a care in the world for their customers and that is why my broadband and phone is moving to Talk Talk. I know they get slaughtered everywhere, but at least they take customer details and data seriously unlike SKY. I feel that this won't be the end of it and as for sky I will not put my trust in that company ever again. Sky have just lost a valuable customer.

Cyber is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Micksea173. Are you or was you still in contract with Sky? If you were did you have to pay any penalty for leaving? What process did you go through to cancel. I am worried about my data with Sky and was thinking of leaving Sky because I think the protection of our data has not gone far enough.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber View Post
      Micksea173. Are you or was you still in contract with Sky? If you were did you have to pay any penalty for leaving? What process did you go through to cancel. I am worried about my data with Sky and was thinking of leaving Sky because I think the protection of our data has not gone far enough.
      jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com is the e-mail address that I sent my e-mail to.

Here is the e-mail I sent:-

From Deleted name
      Sent: 29 September 2010 10:27
      To: Darroch, Jeremy

Subject: ACS Law and Data you sent

I have been finding out about the data you sent to ACS Law. I really donít care if I was one the 14,000 people on the list or not, but I feel that I cannot trust Sky with my data. I am annoyed that this has happened and I feel that the only way for me to now be satisfied is for you to released me from my contracts that I have with you. I feel that you cannot be trusted as a company with any data belonging to me.
      I want you to cancel everything that I have which is as follows
      I want my multi-room, My sky line rental, my sky talk, my sky broadband, my sky TV package and hd channels cancelled. I also want no come back to me with early release charges either.

Yours Faithfully
      Deleted Name

When SKY phoned they tried to explain it to me about the court order and I just explained that Virgin Media and Talk Talk fought the court order and just said I wasn't happy with SKY and the only way for me to be happy is to let me out of my contracts which she basically agreed to letting me out of my contracts and all early release charges as long as I send my HD box back which I received the address via an e-mail and my HD box will be going back to them on Monday by post and my multi-room SKY + plus box will be moving downstairs for 2 weeks until I can afford to buy 2 freesat boxes.

Mr Spouse is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Somewhere
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phoz View Post
      There's a problem with your argument. If all the providers act tough there's no 'victim' for them to move on to. TalkTalk and VM decided not to co-operate; Sky and others decided to comply but charge for the data. Remember this is a court telling the ISP to release details, easy in hindsight to say they were wrong. Let's see what happens next week when the next NPO request gets to court.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12