Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

BSkyB and Virgin Media reach agreements on sale of VMtv and channel distribution

This is a discussion on BSkyB and Virgin Media reach agreements on sale of VMtv and channel distribution within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Please keep posts respectful. Each is allowed their own view without the need to make comments against why they may ...

reddwarfcrew is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: BSkyB and Virgin Media reach agreements on sale of VMtv and channel distribution

Please keep posts respectful. Each is allowed their own view without the need to make comments against why they may have made that view.

2. Advertisement
      Faust is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: BSkyB and Virgin Media reach agreements on sale of VMtv and channel distribution

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
      Removed Have you ever studied Murdoch's business empire and the dealings it has taken over the years, not to mention how it treated its workers? Quite unbelievable, I see now why we have elected this current government.
      Provocative in what way? I think more a case of removed to stifle debate. What do people think Sky are doing now by raising the costs of Sky Sports to its own subscribers in an effort to get around Ofcoms ruling and cripple BT's business model? They are not playing Santa and they are not risk taking are they? NO! they are abusing their 85% dominance of the pay TV market. Some people's logic simply eludes me it really does.

reddwarfcrew is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I removed a comment directed at another poster that had nothing to do with sky or the discussion. The comment removed I considered to be provocative to the other member.

I am more than happy for the discussion in relation to sky, but please be respectful of other members views even if they are very opposing to yours.

If you wish to discuss this further, then feel free to PM me.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Virgin media has shown that they are also very good at stifling competition as they have gone running to OFCOM complaining about project Canvas.

As for Living TV etc, I can see a whole shake up with certain channels having their biggest shows moved to Sky 1, Supernatural, etc and some just being shut down.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12