Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Rumour: Changes to Sky+HD Subscriptions from 1st October 2010

This is a discussion on Rumour: Changes to Sky+HD Subscriptions from 1st October 2010 within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; well hopefully if it doesnt go hd this year hopefully next year it will...

deadman1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ponteland Newcastle Upon Tyne
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 1
      Router: tp link archer d7 + draytek vigor 130 modem
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD + multi
      Thanks

Re: Rumour: Changes to Sky+HD Subscriptions from 1st October 2010

well hopefully if it doesnt go hd this year hopefully next year it will

2. Advertisement
      razam is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I have 'flicked' through this thread, so I apologis if this has already been covered but,
      the OP states a possible change to be announced on 1st October (or thereabouts), and Sky T+Cs say they will give 31 days noticed of any changes:
      http://www.sky.com/shop/terms-conditions/tv/
      3. Channels, Programming and Magazine

(a) We can replace or withdraw advertised or other programmes. We can change or reduce the number of hours of any Channel's broadcast. We may encrypt or unencrypt any Channel.

(b) We can vary or withdraw any Channel. We can vary or withdraw your Option. We will give you at least 31 days written notice if, as a result of any such change, your Subscription Payment changes.
      Has anyone received any 'written notice' about this?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,620 Times in 1,582 Posts

The written notice was included in the letter enclosed with the Sky mag delivered late June.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

pegasis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Thanks

i work in the field sales area of sky and i can confirm this is true and has angred us as sales and of also potential customers and subscribers

BlinneOrlaith is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Thanks

Hi guys, I kinda flicked through but here is my situation starting with the obvious.

Some of my HD channels went missing and were displayed with the "Please call to upgrade" or whatever it goes by (Discovery, Nat Geo etc) I actually watched these quite a lot but didn't have the knowledge pack.

Even though I didn't receive any notice of the changes I had a fair idea that this was the problem (No pack, no HD). So I called Sky and got a pleasant foreign lady who couldn't understand me, she wanted to check my box for problems and basically all I wanted to confirm that I had to have the equivalent SD channel to get HD.

I am making this much longer than I should, she basically went away came back again and told me she would turn my missing channels back on straight away, and she did. I told her that I didn't agree to adding another pack (I would have anyway though), and she said "no, it is free sir, no extra charge".

So there ya go, just ask for them back lol, maybe I touched lucky Or maybe it's because my last bill was 150

BTW I talk with a strong Irish accent, does it show in my typing?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,620 Times in 1,582 Posts

You will only have it back till the end of the year, then you will have to take the packs to keep the HD. Any user who had HD before the effective date can call up and get them reinstated till December 2010. Why they bothered taking them off if you can get them back for free, beats me.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

it's easy enough because there is some magical number that researchers found looking at customer inertia etc and 1 in 25 people will actually moan and do something like phone up and get the channels back etc.

Sky are laughing as they know that due to customer inertia they will only have to deal with a relative small number of cases and customer inertia will do the rest for them.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

zaza123 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01782
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Same happened to me. I signed up in February, got my Sky+ HD box and HD pack. This weekend my HD channels went missing. Phoned them up, said I wanted what I paid for. I had it reinstated for the term of my 12 month contract. Come february they can kiss my ****, I will drop them and go back to freeview/freesat and Virgin broadband.

Mr Spouse is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Somewhere
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Undecided Adrian View Post
      it's easy enough because there is some magical number that researchers found looking at customer inertia etc and 1 in 25 people will actually moan and do something like phone up and get the channels back etc.
      I must be one of the 24 then. I very rarely watch the documentary channels (if I did I would pay the extra 1 for the pack) or others that have gone away. The only channel I've watched much of is Eurosport for the Tour de France, but with ITV4 HD next year I probably won't even miss that.

I admit that getting the extra channels was one of the deciding factors in signing up to HD but having had them, I'm not going to miss them. The main motive for HD was sports and that is still worth the extra, which I'm sure is what Sky are banking on.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415