Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

SKY+HD Scores A Hatrick

This is a discussion on SKY+HD Scores A Hatrick within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; A trio of English artists produce limited edition Sky+HD boxes in celebration of this summer’s Fifa World Cup To mark ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

SKY+HD Scores A Hatrick

A trio of English artists produce limited edition Sky+HD boxes in celebration of this summer’s Fifa World Cup

To mark the World Cup being broadcast live and in high definition this year, Sky has joined forces with three famous faces to produce a limited edition collection of football themed Sky+HD 1TB boxes. The exclusive designs are a must have for any football enthusiast looking to soak up every detail of World Cup drama!

Fashion designer Wayne Hemingway, celebrated illustrator Gerald Scarfe and national acting treasure, Phil Daniels have each produced a print to adorn the Sky+HD 1TB box which reflects their love of football and what the World Cup means to them. The limited edition boxes, priced at 249 each, will be available from late May, ahead of start of the tournament on 11 June.

Sky+HD provides access to the World Cup from BBC HD and ITV1 HD plus you’ll be able to get all the latest World Cup news from Sky Sports News. What’s more the Sky+HD 1TB box has an increased storage capacity of 240 hours of HD recording and with matches scheduled at 12.30pm, 3pm and prime time 7.30pm fans can avoid missing any of the action by recording their favourite shows whilst watching the live games.

Co-founder of Red or Dead and Hemingway Design’s Wayne Hemingway MBE found inspiration for his design in England’s glory year, 1966, using the date and final score from the now legendary match against Germany as the basis of his design:

“What do we all remember about the only time we won the World Cup? The date and the score. What would you say to a German football fan? 1966, 4-2. They are just numbers but they say so much. Any fan would instantly recognise the meaning of these iconic numbers.”

English cartoonist and illustrator, Gerald Scarfe, best known for his work with Pink Floyd, penned his patriotic design in his unmistakable trademark style:

“The sense of excitement, anticipation – and dare I say it hope - that is growing in England as we approach the World Cup is tremendous. Those emotions fuelled my design – it captures what could be a wonderful moment of English glory and unity.”

Quadrophenia legend, Phil Daniel’s Sky+HD 1TB box design was heavily inspired by a working holiday to South Africa back in 1979:

“I was out in South Africa filming Zulu Dawn with Burt Lancaster and I just remember being visually blown away by the proud display of culture and heritage – such bold vibrant colours and shapes. I used those memories as a starting point when designing the World Cup box, and out came a flood of energy, colour and football.”

For more information visit: Sky Boxes - Limited Edition Sky+HD 1TB Boxes

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SKY+HD Scores A Hatrick-designer-boxes014.jpg  

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      gagde is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dimsdale
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: SKY+HD Scores A Hatrick

Yuk.

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

I like the red one, but that is a far as it goes, I'll stick to my conventional box

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Didn't they do these coloured boxes before for something ?

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      Didn't they do these coloured boxes before for something ?
      Yep, and they were just as yuk then too

BLOODUK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Herne Bay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Everything
      Thanks

What a load of crap and a waste of money

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

They do look awful and would stand out next to your TV, blu-ray or DVD Player.

tech3475 is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I can barely stand to look at those for five seconds, I'd dare not think about what it would be like to live with one and pay 249 for the privilege. But then again, at least you're not forced to live with one.
      Last edited by tech3475; 23-05-10 at 11:28 AM.