Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sky Launches New Up To 20Mb Broadband Product

This is a discussion on Sky Launches New Up To 20Mb Broadband Product within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by NewsreadeR required to re-contract to Sky Broadband Unlimited for 12 months in order to receive the new ...

JPL
      JPL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Re: Sky Launches New Up To 20Mb Broadband Product

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      required to re-contract to Sky Broadband Unlimited for 12 months in order to receive the new pricing of 7.50.
      What a cunning wheeze! The range of packages changes at least once per year, each time requiring you to re-contract. You'll never be out of your 12 months contract period!
      JPL

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Nope. You have a new 12mth contract if you upgrade from Base!

burnie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01294
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

hmm, for a new 12 month contract i would only save 2.50 per month think i would rather wait till my contract expires and take it from there

Stumpy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ingleby Barwick (NEILB)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsldude View Post
      Those on everyday who are not happy will be-able to take there mac code and
      leave.
      It is not a case of being unhappy with the actual "deal" itself as such - it is the fact that we seem to have been mucked around a lot - it took me a loooong time to actually get broadband through Sky to begin with as, even after they LLU'd my exchange, they didn't move me from the "Connect" package, then it didn't seem to be long after that they started to "upgrade" the lines with long periods of training and down time, involving in the end various home visits by BT engineers. Then not long after that we had a forced price increase, and now we have another forced increase.

I wouldn't mind so much if I was actually going to benefit from the deal, but I'm not. I'm sure, however, that plenty will, and will be happy to tell those of us who don't to either "like it or get out". I'm sorry if my slightly negative opinion causes you upset, but this is the point of forums - for EVERYONE to have a say, even if what they say isn't a total agreement to what Sky does.

Andy17 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Woodhouse (SLWD)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

How will I go about a re-contract to get the new price of 7.50 and when can I do this and what number do I call.
      Connected at 17Mbps on sky unlimited

Test Socket - TCPOptimiser - Kana Form

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL2+ ~6Mb
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ & mini box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andy17 View Post
      How will I go about a re-contract to get the new price of 7.50 and when can I do this and what number do I call.
      People seem to be misunderstanding the re-contract part. Existing Unlimited customers can re-contract from 1st June to benefit from the new price straight away. Otherwise you will be moved across by 1st September like everyone else. If you wait until September you will not be re-contracted.

To re-contract from 1st June you will go into your mysky account and the option should be there. No need to phone anyone.

The post about moving home: Sky do not currently charge termination fees on broadband or phone. When you are moving home we need to cancel the broadband at your old address. You would then have to call back and re-order at the new address. If you don't call it won't get done. So re-contracting won't be an issue if you move to offnet area.

Chug a Bug is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Yes
      Sky TV: none
      Thanks

Bah! Another year, another price hike. I'm quite happy with 5 a month for everyday, especially as Sky have never gotten around to monitoring my bandwidth usage!

I'm sure I could get close to 20mb as I'm only a few hundred metres from the exchange and my line attenuation is so low, but who actually needs that kind of speed?

I'd sign up to Talk Talk and get rid of that damned expensive Sky Talk too but I hear such bad things about TT...

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Like many others I'm on Everyday and get the maximum line speed possible on my line. I also never use up my 10 GB bandwidth. So the move will simple cost me an extra 50% for no apparent benefit.

In response I've just cancelled my Sky Sports full package (for the Summer probably but Sky don't know that) and whilst Sky will get an extra 30/year for my Broadband they will now loose 100-300/year by my cancelling a Premium Package .

Sky really have to decide if their business model is to sell Premium Package TV or to be an ISP as both are not possible at the same time. When I cancelled the full Sports package no one at Sky showed the slightest interest and didn't make any attempt to keep me as a subscriber.

I believe Sky have taken their eye off the ball and are in serious danger of loosing a lot of TV revenue to show a minor gain elsewhere.

Mr Spouse is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Somewhere
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chug a Bug View Post
      Bah! Another year, another price hike. I'm quite happy with 5 a month for everyday, especially as Sky have never gotten around to monitoring my bandwidth usage!

I'm sure I could get close to 20mb as I'm only a few hundred metres from the exchange and my line attenuation is so low, but who actually needs that kind of speed?

I'd sign up to Talk Talk and get rid of that damned expensive Sky Talk too but I hear such bad things about TT...
      Expensive SkyTalk? Why not just switch to the free version?

gagde is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dimsdale
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chug a Bug View Post

Expensive you wanna try vm phone now that is expensive.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast