Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Sky Launches New Up To 20Mb Broadband Product

This is a discussion on Sky Launches New Up To 20Mb Broadband Product within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by AlexS I checked my order today on the portal to see if there was any update and ...

Mr Spouse is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Somewhere
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Launches New Up To 20Mb Broadband Product

Quote Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
      I checked my order today on the portal to see if there was any update and it says my Upgrade order has been cancelled !
      Not related to the upgrade, but my original order for broadband still has that status from 2009! Apparently their systems struggle with 'non-standard' issues - I was getting SkyTalk at the same time and it couldn't cope. I suspect this upgrade process is similar. I see no point in contacting Sky unless it all goes wrong, then they can pay me for the time lost...

2. Advertisement
      Ian Thompson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

The lady that phoned is also making sure i get it changed to 7.50 per month and she is phoning me on Tuesday, to make sure everythings ok. Even though Jeremy Darroch's is on the email address, you don't talk to him him, but as i was told it get's results.
      Ian

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
      When I rang Sky, I was told that my upgrade to Unlimited might take a couple of days to process due to the problems they were having.
      I checked my order today on the portal to see if there was any update and it says my Upgrade order has been cancelled !
      Is it not the case that your current package is cancelled (Everyday perhaps) as that is what mine says although right above it I still have the message against Unlimited saying more order has been accepted.

Ian Thompson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      Is it not the case that your current package is cancelled (Everyday perhaps) as that is what mine says although right above it I still have the message against Unlimited saying more order has been accepted.
      Mine also said that their was a problem with my order and to ring Sky and thats when i found that i was going to have my broadband deactivated next Tuesday, but thank goodness after getting that email address, it now seems it has been sorted out.
      Ian.

AlexS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Well the plot thickens.
      I've just rung Sky for an update.
      I've been told :
      --------
      The upgrade order cancellation is just that, I still have an active connection, but it remains on Everyday.
      All Everyday users will be automatically upgraded to Unlimited between now and the end of July. Users will receive an email mentioning what is happening, DLM / leave router connected ..etc when it is due to start for them, but no timetable will be forthcoming for other users yet to be upgraded.
      Users who have already requested an interest in upgrading will not be given preference. ( hence my order being cancelled and the upgrade option disappearing from the portal for me. )
      --------
      It appears Sky has been overwhelmed with requests for early upgrade and the system cannot cope with the numbers involved. As a result they've split the difference ( early birds/the rest ) and opted for a pro-active upgrade of all users as fast as the system can cope. ( assuming end of July is a realistic target )
      For those that managed to get their upgrade in time, enjoy. It looks like my BBC iPlayer usage will have to be restricted for the time being...

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for the update AlexS, I hope it isn't until the end of July that we have to wait although an email about these issues would be nice as Sky are letting themselves down on the communication side of things. My order hasn't been cancelled as it still states that I should have a date "within 24 hours".

The funny thing is depending on where I look the Sky portal seems to think I am on different products, the my broadband bit says on the left that I am on the Everyday product while on the right is says Everyday Lite but if I go to the Sky Shop page and select my current package is says I am on Unlimited ??

gamesaregood is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Foxhall
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      The funny thing is depending on where I look the Sky portal seems to think I am on different products, the my broadband bit says on the left that I am on the Everyday product while on the right is says Everyday Lite but if I go to the Sky Shop page and select my current package is says I am on Unlimited ??
      Hello Everyone,

Interesting read.

I was / am still on Sky Everyday and will soon be forced onto unlimited which will gain me no benefit thanks to the distance I am from the exchange...

Sky are in a mess though:

My account summary: Your Sky Broadband

* Sky Broadband Everyday

Your Service Details
      Your Sky Broadband & Speed Estimate

You have Sky Broadband Everyday Lite which offers a maximum download speed of up to 20Mb

It still shows a 10GB usage limit however...

I wonder if I call sky support advising that I'm experiencing slow speeds if they would train the line at up to 20Mb with 1.3Mb Upstream?

I would not gain anything on the downstream thanks to my long line but the upstream should go up a little...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,583 Posts

You have Sky Broadband Everyday Lite which offers a maximum download speed of up to 20Mb

It still shows a 10GB usage limit however...
      Mine is the same! I think they are in a bit of a mess with their upgrades, but the way I see it, is if you ask to be upgraded, you will be expected to sign up for another 12 month contract, which you will not if you allow them to upgrade automatically.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gamesaregood View Post
      Hello Everyone,
      Hi, you are on the same exchange as me

Mine says the same but if you go to the Sky Shop and click on the 'My Portfolio' page it shows me as being on unlimited:

Packages

Personally I am not bothered about signing up for another 12 months as I have been with them for a number of years now and apart from this mess with the upgrades I have been quite happy with my rock solid connection. Of course we have this line testing thing to go through but I might email them should thing go a miss.

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Not a bad deal on at the moment for those wishing to upgrade to unlimited. If eligible, which most seem to be, sky can add an offer for 10 discount for the next 6 months off your tv package. I've done it for a few of those on everyday/mid having tech issues, and just uncapped them instead of letting DLM run.

Edit: Wow, that sounds rather sale-ploy like. Not meaning it like that at all - just giving anyone a heads up who wants to save a few quid.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast