Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Sky Launches New Up To 20Mb Broadband Product

This is a discussion on Sky Launches New Up To 20Mb Broadband Product within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by Deathstar I thought mine was to,I had an acceptance email ,but not a confirmation.Go to My Sky ...

Ian Thompson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Launches New Up To 20Mb Broadband Product

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstar View Post
      I thought mine was to,I had an acceptance email ,but not a confirmation.Go to My Sky and check on the Order Tracking tab to be sure.
      Yes i checked my Order Tracker and i had to phone Sky and my broaband is been disconected next Tuesday and i will have to phone up after that to get reconected and it will take 10-15 days for that to happen to get reconected. So i don't whether it was my fault or Sky's!!
      Ian.:
      Last edited by Ian Thompson; 04-06-10 at 03:43 PM.

2. Advertisement
      joe pineapples is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLBAL. (Balby)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simonejones View Post
      have got this email reply - re the new pricing-

Dear Mrs Jones

Thank you for contacting Sky Help Centre.

In regards to your Broadband I can confirm that as of 1st Sep the new price of Broadband Unlimited will be 7.50 with Skytalk or 12.50 for customers without Skytalk. To take advantage of this offer earlier customers can do so by renewing there 12 month subscription online via sky.com. If however the customer chooses not to opt for this offer then the new prices will take affect as of 1st Sep and there will be no contract renewal.

I hope this helps with your enquiry.

Kind regards

Malcolm
      Sky Help Centre
      Thanks for posting that. I think for the bit of saving I'd make between now and September, I'd rather not be tied into another 12 month contract, so will wait till then, and get the lower price automatically.

Mr Spouse is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Somewhere
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

as of 1st Sep the new price of Broadband Unlimited will be 7.50 with Skytalk or 12.50 for customers without Skytalk. To take advantage of this offer earlier customers can do so by renewing there 12 month subscription online via sky.com. If however the customer chooses not to opt for this offer then the new prices will take affect as of 1st Sep and there will be no contract renewal.
      You would think they might employ people that can spell to send emails!

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstar View Post
      I thought mine was to,I had an acceptance email ,but not a confirmation.Go to My Sky and check on the Order Tracking tab to be sure.
      Same problem here, the woman I spoke to said they are having problems with the system (like with the Email) and that it would go through sometime. The My Sky bit shows that I am still on Everyday and to check back with 24 hours but it has said that for the last day or two.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      Same problem here, the woman I spoke to said they are having problems with the system (like with the Email) and that it would go through sometime. The My Sky bit shows that I am still on Everyday and to check back with 24 hours but it has said that for the last day or two.
      Well i'm beginning to wonder if it was Sky's fault that my broadband is being cancelled next Tuesday and not something i did myself. If thats the case i will be very annoyed.
      Ian.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Thompson View Post
      Well i'm beginning to wonder if it was Sky's fault that my broadband is being cancelled next Tuesday and not something i did myself. If thats the case i will be very annoyed.
      Ian.
      I have complained to jeremy.darroch at bskyb.com, which i've seen mentioned in a number of different forums, which is apparantly very good to get results with complaints.
      Ian.

Admin: Please change the at to an @ in the email address above when using.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 04-06-10 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Changed email addy so it cannot be harvested

AlexS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Ian.
      When I rang Sky, I was told that my upgrade to Unlimited might take a couple of days to process due to the problems they were having.
      I checked my order today on the portal to see if there was any update and it says my Upgrade order has been cancelled !
      Looks like I'll have to try the upgrade request again at the weekend...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
      When I rang Sky, I was told that my upgrade to Unlimited might take a couple of days to process due to the problems they were having.
      I checked my order today on the portal to see if there was any update and it says my Upgrade order has been cancelled !
      Looks like I'll have to try the upgrade request again at the weekend...
      Thats what it said on mine and when i phoned Sky they said that my Broadband was cancelled altogether and will be disconected next Tuesday and thats why i've emailed to that address , which on another forum says does tend to get results.
      Ian.

AlexS is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Thats what it said on mine and when i phoned Sky they said that my Broadband was cancelled altogether and will be disconected next Tuesday and thats why i've emailed to that address , which on another forum says does tend to get results.
      Ian.
      If that's happened to me, ( I'll check tomorrow ) I'll just ask for a MAC and move to O2 for Broadband instead. It should only take a couple of days to migrate as there's no way I would wait 2 weeks for a mistake that wasn't mine...

Thanks

Ian.
      Quote Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
      If that's happened to me, ( I'll check tomorrow ) I'll just ask for a MAC and move to O2 for Broadband instead. It should only take a couple of days to migrate as there's no way I would wait 2 weeks for a mistake that wasn't mine...
      Well i had phonecall back from Sky after that email, i sent late last night and it's all been sorted out. If that happens to you, send an email to, jeremy.darroch at bskyb.com and they normally phone you back the same day, if you give all your details. On another forum somebody recomended that email address, as it can produce results.
      Ian

Admin: Please change the at to an @ in the email address above when using.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 04-06-10 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Changed email addy so it cannot be harvested

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast