Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Sky VOD Final Trials Soon

This is a discussion on Sky VOD Final Trials Soon within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Here is the answer i receaved in another forum. Source: Digital Spy Forums - View Single Post - sky anytime+ ...

Ian Thompson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky VOD Final Trials Soon

Here is the answer i receaved in another forum. Source:
      Digital Spy Forums - View Single Post - sky anytime+ launch date 25th october
      Ian.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ian Thompson For This Useful Post:

totalwar (18-10-10)

3. Advertisement
      totalwar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bermonsey
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky HD T1x2
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Thompson View Post
      Here is the answer i receaved in another forum. Source:
      Digital Spy Forums - View Single Post - sky anytime+ launch date 25th october
      Ian.
      Heres hoping he is correct thanks for the reply.

corpy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Ok so Sky at last bringing out there Anytime+ witch is Sky player on the HD box !!

Everyone on Sky+HD with the new EPG will get an over the air update to have Anytime+ !!!

But here is the catch !!

I have been with sky for over 11 years ! and have there Sky world since 2005 ! so i thought great i now have 3D at no extra cost and Anytime+ will be out soon !! well not for me !!!

To get Anytime + you will need Sky+HD + Sky Broadband !!

If you have Sky+HD but you have another ISP like Virgin,BT,Orange you can not get Anytime+ even if you have Sky WORLD because of sky new terms and cons !

Now seeing as sky dont even offer 20mb in my area ! There is no point switch to them ! there only offer 2mb ! so a 2MB ADSL connection just to get Anytime+ ! hmm a HD movie 1.4GB+ would take hours to download and watch at PEEK hours !

Even if i did have there 20mb service ADSL i may only be getting a 5mb download still would take a fair while to download and well for streaming not a chance !!

Thats why i have Virgin XXL 50mb Service Never drops below 50mb with a full gigabit network for streaming between Pcs and so on !!

So i told sky ! whats is the diff between me Downloading the movies from skyplayer.com with my 50mb in 2min or less then streaming it via gigabit network onto my TV in my lounge !

whats this diff between that and downloading on my sky box !! its the same !!

Anytime+ is Skyplayer.com !! so why would i want to switch to a ISP thats is not in my area and is still using ADSL !

!!!!

so anyone that is on Virgin or another ISP that would like to have Anytime + on you HD box !

SKY SAY NOOO YOU CANT HAVE IT !!

we want more of your money !! im sorry but they should not give out a new service when the broadband is not even full out yet !!! poor poor poor !!!

But the women on the phone told me all my feedback will be passed on !

She said in the next few days there having a feed back meeting about Anytime +

So anyone who is not happy about this phone up sky !

She said if i know anyone who is not happy about this to just phone ! even she agreed its stupid !!

You can get around it easy there just trying to grow there market and there going the wrong way about it !!

If they offered a 50mb service non ADSL i would switch but im not going to downgrade from 50mb - 5mb !!!

what do you think about there TACTICS ????

Mr Spouse is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Somewhere
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by corpy View Post
      SKY SAY NOOO YOU CANT HAVE IT !!
      Was that their (sorry, there) Scottish call centre !!

what do you think about there TACTICS ????
      Sky still in talks to bring Anytime+ to other ISPs | News | TechRadar UK

In other words, don't believe everything you read on the internet ! or hear (sorry, here) from Sky CS reps that probably haven't been briefed yet !!

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spouse View Post
      Was that their (sorry, there) Scottish call centre !! :;

Sky still in talks to bring Anytime+ to other ISPs | News | TechRadar UK

In other words, don't believe everything you read on the internet ! or hear from Sky CS reps that probably haven't been briefed yet !!

Im just going by what 3 diff Sky CS guys/women have told me !!!

I looked on you Sky facebook book page !!

There also saying its because they dront trust QOS from other ISP !!

Well my virgin 50mb never ever drops below 50mb and never goes down ! so my QOS is great :-)

So this whole thing about QOS is rubbish !!! after looking on forums there is 1000's+ of people very very unhappy about this !! as they have the same issue there onn better ISP because Sky only offer 1-2mb in there area !!

so even if people wanted to switch to get Anytime+ it would be sloww !

but like i said about for low one of cost you can get around using SkyBB keep you ISP and set up home network and just download Skyplayer.com films

watch them on your TV do you see my point its just same end product but just done in a diff way :-)

one way is direct on the box the other way onto PC/Imac then watch on tv :-) !!

Mr Spouse is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Somewhere
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by corpy View Post
      Well my virgin 50mb never ever drops below 50mb and never goes down ! so my QOS is great :-)
      So this whole thing about QOS is rubbish !!!
      Sorry, but a sample of 1 (you) is not statistically relevant (!!) And you contradict yourself in the next sentence (!!)

I think Sky's biggest headache at launch with be the Broadband Lite customers maxing out their connection. They have a solution to that by switching users to the Unlimited package. Sky can't do that with other ISPs. Also, we know from experience that Sky will have some untested glitches so it's sensible to make sure it's working properly on their network first.

Just because your connection is ok doesn't mean the dozens of other ISPs are. It's only your opinion. You don't know how Virgin or other ISPs will react to loads of people downloading Sky programmes and what effect it may have on contention ratios if users are online for longer.

(left out the exclamation marks !! hard work !!)

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Thanks

There are multiple VOD platforms out there already, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, TV's, Blue ray players etc etc etc, and other ISP's just say that your useage limit is your problem.

I already have 5 devices under my TV all doing VOD at the moment and next year sees Canvas coming along and Talk Talk has now announced VOD on it's network.

The only reason why Sky want this on Sky only connections is to get more people on Sky broadband, given that BT went down this route with BT vision and are struggling with a couple of hundred thousand subscibers out there and now throwing in their lot in with Canvas.

I cannot see how Sky think that this will make many more people go onto their service
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

Exchange:
      Thanks

I keep HEARING SKY people now saying its QOS from your ISP's and you download usage !

Thats RUBBISH !! My 50mb Virgin is Unlimited ! I download BBC IPLAYER and SKY PLAYER CONTENT every single day ! in 48 hours i have downloaded 5.2GB of content and in a month ill download about 50-60+ GB of content From downloading content or watching VOD live streaming !!

So people and sky dont give me this crap about QOS and Download limit and your ISP not been able to handle it !!

MY isp's is fine and there QOS is fine and there is no download limit and i can download as much as i want !!! some ISP's its unlimited but with a fair Use limit ! but my is fully unlimited !!

So i dont need SKYBB because my ISP is fine and would work alot faster smoother !

So now we got that out the way ! that for e.g Virgin XXL 50mb unlimited has no fair usage law and you can download as much as you want !!!

Whats the next stupid reason SKY will give to WHY you have to have SKYBB

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,583 Posts

Now called YouView, Project Canvas, which includes all the terrestrial Channels and BT and TalkTalk is being objected to by Sky and Virgin. I wonder why? Could it be that it will be real competition to their dominance of UK media and their Anytime+/OnDemand services. Anyone thought on how much A+ is going to cost? I know it is being rolled out free, but will it stay free, I doubt it. Sky don't do anything which will not generate revenue.
      BSkyB in last-ditch attempt to scramble YouView video-on-demand player - Telegraph

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Thanks

Although Ofcom has ruled against Sky's and Virgin's complaint against YouView at the moment as they have no idea how the VOD market will develop or how many players will enter the market.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast