Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Sky VOD Final Trials Soon

This is a discussion on Sky VOD Final Trials Soon within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by Brian69 As Sky have said that Anytime+ will only be available to Sky Broadband users to start ...

totalwar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bermonsey
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky HD T1x2
      Thanks

Re: Sky VOD Final Trials Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Brian69 View Post
      As Sky have said that Anytime+ will only be available to Sky Broadband users to start with and have not ruled out making it available to users of other ISP's, I think it is nonsense to suggest it will not work with any router.
      According to Twitter sky's staff just passing on what I learn from them really.

http://twitter.com
      Just "follow"@SkyAnytimePlus @skyhd
      for latest info.

2. Advertisement
      Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Yes I have no doubt Sky staff will say that, they would not want the bother of talking someone through the steps required to set up a manually connection on the SkyHD box if the users router were using a differant IP range or had the DHCP disabled. I bet they will say you need the wireless thing as well, even thro a network cable would be fine.

DaveP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01323
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by totalwar View Post
      It's what I was told from on twitter and on the phone if you want skytime+ from tuesday just phone up sky to have your Amstrad DRX890 setup as your primary box.It's just a matter of swapping veiwing cards and you could ask again when you phone to make sure that what I have said is true.
      Not quite that simple as my Amstrad is in my conservatory (deliberately so as its smaller and less obtrusive, whereas my Samsung (with 1TB HD) is on my main TV, and so this is the one I really want Anytime+ on.

You can only use sky router as well if you want to use Sky anytime+. I can't believe there still no update e-mail from sky anytime+ site when you register your interest for sky anytime+.When will get one a week after it's launched lol.
      That gives me a bigger problem, as I have replaced the Sky router with a Wireless N Netgear as my Sky router passed away a long time ago, and it was so much hassle getting it sorted by Sky that I just bought my own.

Overall it seems like there is a good deal of conjecture about what, when where and how Sky are going to do Antime+, with very little being 'officially' said by them. There seems to be a huge number of potential dependencies, ie which boxes and when, required box software updates, sky broadband, potentially router software updates (though I'm struggling why this should be required) and also whether it will be 'primary' or all boxes when you have multiroom.

I think I'm just going to have to wait a little longer and see how it pans out.....

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Twitter
      Just "follow"@SkyAnytimePlus @skyhd
      for latest info.
      That isn't the official account, this one is:

Sky+HD Anytime+ (Sky_Anytimeplus) on Twitter

Note the _ between the Sky and Anytime words.

Thanks

It's ready have to go to your account page then upgrade then add skyanytime+ free to your basket go to the end to confirm order.

Working now and active my skybox is an Amstrad 895 1TB HD Box.

Ian Thompson is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Thanks

It's ready have to go to your account page then upgrade then add skyanytime+ free to your basket go to the end to confirm order.

I've just ordered the wireless adaptor. I'll have to wait for it to arrive before i can use Anytime Plus.
      Ian.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,583 Posts

If you have not received the upgrade you will get this message -

Unfortunately you do not have a Sky Anytime+ compatible box in your portfolio. We're gradually rolling out the service and it will be available on your Sky box soon.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      If you have not received the upgrade you will get this message -

Amstrad 895 1TB HD Box and Amstrad 890 1TB HD Box only today not seen any other model yet.

If your a long standing customer and part paid for your last HD box you might get a discount like I did got the Amstrad 895 1TB HD for 149.99 and free installation.

I hope your not got the Thompson HD box some saying they were not be able to have AT+ Sky will not be running on them just a rumor at the moment.

DaveP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01323
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Thanks

Just to update, I'm up and running too. Sequence of events was:

1. Enabled Anytime+ by adding it to my account online, and 'checking out'.

2. Networked (wired) my Amstrad DRX890 (my 2nd multiroom box which has already received the software upgrade). Had to reset the network connection, but it then managed to find the network and obtain the IP address. Note, I still have my Netgear Wireless N Router and NOT the Sky router and it works fine.

3. I then had to call Sky and get the viewing card enabled. I was her first call for Anytime+ at 10pm tonight!. This was initially a problem, as it defaulted to my primary card which is in my main Samsung box which of course isn't capable yet as it hasnt had the software upgrade. In order to get it to work on the Amstrad, Sky suggested I swap the cards and re-pair them. This worked ok, and Anytime+ is now up and running. The only problem is that my HD sub - which is only on the main card has of course now swapped also, so I'm going to have to swap the boxes back so the Amstrad will become my main box.

I have also ordered a second Amstrad to replace the creaky Samsung anyway, and Sky advised me that I will be able to get Anytime+ enabled on this when it arrives

So, all in all not too difficult, and I now look forward to enjoying it. Cool Hand Luke is downloading as I type..........;-)
      Last edited by DaveP; 26-10-10 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Accidentally sent before finishing

jmefr8 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Amstrad 895 1TB HD Box and Amstrad 890 1TB HD Box only today not seen any other model yet.

If your a long standing customer and part paid for your last HD box you might get a discount like I did got the Amstrad 895 1TB HD for 149.99 and free installation.

I hope your not got the Thompson HD box some saying they were not be able to have AT+ Sky will not be running on them just a rumor at the moment.
      I haven't got a 1tb box and I have had the upgrade. I do have a new box though only about 3 months old. Can't upgrade my account online though due to an account number issue so I rang them. This could be why as they were trying to resolve the issue so I could use my online account and they couldn't so they just upgraded me over the phone.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast