Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Sky VOD Final Trials Soon

This is a discussion on Sky VOD Final Trials Soon within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Ah yes, the Tweeters on Twitter are all knowing....

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,620 Times in 1,582 Posts

Re: Sky VOD Final Trials Soon

Ah yes, the Tweeters on Twitter are all knowing.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      totalwar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bermonsey
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky HD T1x2
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Ah yes, the Tweeters on Twitter are all knowing.
      Well I dunno they say they are from Sky but who knows lol.

Thanks

I spoke to Tech support tonight because they managed to mess up changing my primary sky HD box.Anyway he confirm that you can only have Sky anytime enabled on your primary sky box only.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by totalwar View Post
      I spoke to Tech support tonight because they managed to mess up changing my primary sky HD box.Anyway he confirm that you can only have Sky anytime enabled on your primary sky box only.
      I don't think that will go down too well with a family that has paid out 500 for 2 boxes with multi room and can only get the full service on one of them. Standard Anytime is available on all boxes, what's the difference with Plus?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

DaveP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01323
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Thanks

Thats a worry. I've got 3 boxes on the go at the moment, my original viewing card, and so I guess 'primary' is in a Samsung, I then have my old Thomson and a new Amstrad DRX890 on multiroom. The Amstrad has had the Anytime+ update for some time and I've networked all 3 boxes (via Homepugs) in anticipation of Anytime+. I contacted Sky some weeks ago after the software upgrade on the Amastrad to enable it, but they told me I would have to wait for it to go live, (though the guy I spoke to hadn't had the Anytime+ training would you believe!).

From what you are saying though, I wont be able to get my Amstrad working anyway as its not my 'primary' box, so I either have to relocate it or wait for the Samsung to be upgraded, which from what I'm picking up may not be until Christmas.

Is this limitation to one box definite?

Thanks

Thats a worry. I've got 3 boxes on the go at the moment, my original viewing card, and so I guess 'primary' is in a Samsung, I then have my old Thomson and a new Amstrad DRX890 on multiroom. The Amstrad has had the Anytime+ update
      Like much of the information that has been 'leaked' this may not be true. If your 1Tb box has been updated, then I would say you will get it, whether its the primary or not. To me this suggests all HD boxes on your account will eventually be enabled.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
      Thats a worry. I've got 3 boxes on the go at the moment, my original viewing card, and so I guess 'primary' is in a Samsung, I then have my old Thomson and a new Amstrad DRX890 on multiroom. The Amstrad has had the Anytime+ update for some time and I've networked all 3 boxes (via Homepugs) in anticipation of Anytime+. I contacted Sky some weeks ago after the software upgrade on the Amastrad to enable it, but they told me I would have to wait for it to go live, (though the guy I spoke to hadn't had the Anytime+ training would you believe!).

From what you are saying though, I wont be able to get my Amstrad working anyway as its not my 'primary' box, so I either have to relocate it or wait for the Samsung to be upgraded, which from what I'm picking up may not be until Christmas.

EcklessEgg Ian Thompson
      @SkyAnytimePlus I'm registered for Anytime+ and am wondering which one of the boxes will receive Anytime+ next week when it launches
      SkyAnytimePlus Sky HD Anytime+
      @ @EcklessEgg whichever is the primary box.
      22 Oct Favorite Retweet Reply
      Is this limitation to one box definite?
      It's what I was told from on twitter and on the phone if you want skytime+ from tuesday just phone up sky to have your Amstrad DRX890 setup as your primary box.It's just a matter of swapping veiwing cards and you could ask again when you phone to make sure that what I have said is true.

Thanks

According to Twitter you will not get it if your 'modem' has not been updated, no matter what box you are using. This is not something they can just 'turn on'. I look forward to the comments here on Tuesday.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      According to Twitter you will not get it if your 'modem' has not been updated, no matter what box you are using. This is not something they can just 'turn on'. I look forward to the comments here on Tuesday.
      You can only use sky router as well if you want to use Sky anytime+.

I can't believe there still no update e-mail from sky anytime+ site when you register your interest for sky anytime+.When will get one a week after it's launched lol.

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

You can only use sky router as well if you want to use Skyanytime+.
      As Sky have said that Anytime+ will only be available to Sky Broadband users to start with and have not ruled out making it available to users of other ISP's, I think it is nonsense to suggest it will not work with any router.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast