Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sky Broadband Usage On MySky?

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Usage On MySky? within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; My Sky is a mess. Broadband > Service Details > Connection Details just has the message, "Service unavailable. Sorry, this ...

JPL
      JPL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Usage On MySky?

My Sky is a mess.

Broadband > Service Details > Connection Details just has the message, "Service unavailable. Sorry, this service is currently unavailable". This has been the case ever since it appeared a few months ago.

Sky Talk > Sky Voicemail links to a blank page.

Bring back "Under Construction..."!
      JPL

2. Advertisement
      ee64 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01202
      Broadband ISP: o2 premium
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

got my letter today from sky "Your Simple Guide to Broadband Usage" and proudly telling me how I can check my usage using the new usage tool. Only problem is the link given in the letter www.sky.com/usagetool says its not available and the link in the brochure www.sky.com/mysky, then goto broadband and click usage tools doesn't work as usage tools doesn't appear as an option. Now why doesn't this surprise me!!!

Sky really needs some joined up thinking between departments - this is just another example of total incompetance IMHO

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,482 Times in 1,450 Posts

I got the same letter and when I go to the page mentioned I get -
      Broadband Usage Tool

Coming soon
      We're currently in the process of rolling out the Broadband Usage Tool to our customers and this should take a few days. Don't worry, your usage will not be monitored until the service is up and running.
      Please check back in a few days.
      So it looks like we can all download as much as we want without worrying

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider / TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

zooks is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I got the same letter and when I go to the page mentioned I get -

I got that letter too, I know im way over 10gb but i'm not upgrading while they keep tipping me off their not monitoring
      URL=http://www.speedtest.net][/URL]

big bob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCCAR
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

I have been doing anyway

Chug a Bug is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Yes
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: none
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ee64 View Post
      got my letter today from sky "Your Simple Guide to Broadband Usage" and proudly telling me how I can check my usage using the new usage tool. Only problem is the link given in the letter www.sky.com/usagetool says its not available and the link in the brochure www.sky.com/mysky, then goto broadband and click usage tools doesn't work as usage tools doesn't appear as an option. Now why doesn't this surprise me!!!

Sky really needs some joined up thinking between departments - this is just another example of total incompetance IMHO
      I got this letter today and was in a bit of a panic because I thought it was a "you've gone over your monthly limit!" type letter - reading it again of course realised it wasn't....

Guess that bandwidth monitoring had to happen sooner or later.

But I tried logging into mysky and I can't find the letter containing the password they sent me... ho hum. Don't worry, they say, just follow a few steps.... which took me to the security question malarky. Well, I entered it... and it won't recognise that. So now I'm locked out of my account.

SO I figured I'd give customer services a ring to sort it out... only to be told the service is unavailable due to a technical fault!

You have to laugh.

Actually thinking about it now going over twice in six months seems a bit harsh... a friend of mine has a similar cap on his BT broadband and as long as he doesn't go over two months in a row he's ok, and the penalties are pay per GB over the limit rather than than forcing him onto a higher tariff package. Guess this means that Sky really are trying to push people onto Max/Unlimited.
      Last edited by Chug a Bug; 03-11-09 at 08:35 PM. Reason: additional information

RST
      RST is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

The usage monitor has officially went live to some but may not show any details, just a grey coloured meter - this will be resolved by the weekend. Remember, some customers on Connect will not have access to this.

Bedrock_Fred is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01775
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Thanks

Got the letter today re usage tool but I can't find it on the pages they say should have a link to it

Sky's usage cap is a bit restrictive with all the VOD iplayers etc, it'll be easy to go over 10GB and it was a big cut from 40GB

What I'll do if they force me onto the unlimited package I'll know Sports or Films on the head so they'll loose revenue from me, plenty of sport now on normal TV and most films I've seen before Sky get them either at the cinema on a night out or DVD

Now if every Sky customer dumped packages when forced on a higher allowance package, they'd be loosing loads....

nheather is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Carfax, Horsham (SDHRSHM)
      Broadband ISP: Paying more to get Unlimited so that I get the same service as the MID I signed up for
      Thanks

I'd like to see them auto-upgrade.

Since I found out that my Sky Mid was being DOWNGRADED to Everyday I have tried voluntarily to upgrade to Unlimited because even without the usage monitor I know I exceed 10GB some months.

But for the last 2 months Sky have been unable to action my request. They have told me that there is a system wide problem with the software that the salemen use.

I have spoken to the technical department at the 'pointy end' and they confirm that there is nothing technically preventing them from upgrade. But they can't do it unless instructed. And to instruct them, the Sale people or customer service have to go into the account and select the upgraded product.

But over 10 different staff have now confirmed that when they go into the account and select 'upgrade broadband' they get a message 'there are no products to upgrade to'. None of the front line staff have been advised of the problem so each time I speak to them they are pretty gung ho that they will be able to upgrade. They dismiss my warning out of hand until they get to the point where they say "oh so it is, you are right".

A simple bug in the account software yes, but one they don't appear to be able to fix.

Quote from Fiona Gemmell, Sky Customer Relations

I'm afraid you have been correctly advised in that, as you're on our Sky Voice & Broadband Network, we can't currently upgrade your Broadband subscription to our Unlimited package. The reason is a system anomaly and, whilst I can assure you that we are obviously aware of it and it is being worked on, there is currently no timescale for its resolution.
      She has also told me since that a fix is being rolled out on the 4th November but that my account would be upgraded manually before then. Neither have happened.

I can also point out that if you attempt to upgrade in MySky you get a message saying "Sorry this service is currently not available. Please try again later". It has been like this for over 2 months now.

I see the Usage Monitor link has at last turned up, 4 days after I received the letter telling me it was available. However, when I click it, I just get a message saying 'Coming Soon'.

Cheers,

Nigel

LiamMc03 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kneller Hall
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It will be interesting to see how much I use a month when this service is up and running.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast