Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Sky Broadband Usage On MySky?

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Usage On MySky? within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by big bob Why do i feel sad about leaving though? Because like the rest of us who ...

youravinalarrrf is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: MYBD
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Usage On MySky?

Quote Originally Posted by big bob View Post
      Why do i feel sad about leaving though?
      Because like the rest of us who have already left or are now in the process of leaving because of the recent bandwidth cuts/price rises you feel that Sky have shat upon you from a great height......and you're not wrong!

As I said before it was good while it lasted but Sky just got tooooo greedy!

Welcome aboard the good ship O2 (assuming that's where you're going) you will definitely not be disappointed!

The Winner Takes It All!!!........do do do dooo do dooooooo......

2. Advertisement
      big bob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCCAR
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by youravinalarrrf View Post
      Because like the rest of us who have already left or are now in the process of leaving because of the recent bandwidth cuts/price rises you feel that Sky have shat upon you from a great height......and you're not wrong!

As I said before it was good while it lasted but Sky just got tooooo greedy!

Welcome aboard the good ship O2 (assuming that's where you're going) you will definitely not be disappointed!

The Winner Takes It All!!!........do do do dooo do dooooooo......
      The good ship O2 it is. MAC Code is on its way.

hazelwoods is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Livingston
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Please can I have my MAC code?

I requested the code at about 11.30 on 31st December. I phoned twice during this week to ask why I hadn't been sent the promised email with the code. I was basically told I'd just have to wait.

Today I phoned again and said I'd been waiting a week and I'd been advised that by this time they should be able to give me the code over the phone. At that point someone decided to investigate. They'd phone me back in 15 minutes. I had to go out but when I came home there was no sign of call. I phoned yet again.

Latest update is that the account was CANCELLED last week and no MAC requested. They cannot now generate a MAC because the system sees the account as cancelled. I now may need to just wait until the cancellation actually cuts the broadband off and then wait until O2 can reconnect me.

The only department that can now deal with this only work 9-5 Monday - Friday

To say I am angry just doesn't quite cut it

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

This morning when I log in to My Sky it tells me that I don't have a broadband account, so expect my broadband to cut at any time. Just in time for the weekend.

I'm not impressed

Deathstar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Huyton
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I can see why 02 is proving popular,it's effectively free,take a look at this Quidco link. O2 Home Broadband cashback - Quidco

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'm now told that it could take 6-10 working days until O2 will be activated, and Sky broadband will be intermittent over the next few days until it eventually just stops.

My letter of complaint to Sky is in the process of being written. Their customer service in this case has been absolutely ridiculous.

mickr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Verwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

I did not think they could cut you off untill you have used the mac code that they should supply when asked without delay

Mickr

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I asked for a MAC code. The young man from Sky cancelled the service without generating a MAC code. Nobody realised that until yesterday. They couldn't un-cancel it so today I'm no longer on the system. The line is no longer tagged but O2 have to wait until BT say they can go to the exchange and connect me to O2. This could take 6 - 10 working days.

Some useful news for those who go over the 10 Gb but nowhere near the original 40 Gb - phone them and negotiate. You will be able to get unlimited use for less than the 15. If you are over the 40Gb in the last 2 months there's no negotiating.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Some useful news for those who go over the 10 Gb but nowhere near the original 40 Gb - phone them and negotiate.
      I don't see why anyone should have to negotiate, when people signed up to Mid it included 40gb allowance. People should do what you have as well as many others. Use their negotiation skills and ask for a MAC and go elsewhere, in some cases for less money.

/rant mode off.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Rumour has it that it was discussed behind closed doors that people who were within the 40gig limit but over the 10 shouldn't have to pay the full 5 extra for unlimited. Shame nobody shared that with us.

A very small percentage of the Mid package users were using well over 100 gig per month. And 99% are using less than 10gig. But the less than 1% who were using between 10 and 40 gig should have been considered. We were keeping within the limits we were given so shouldn't be being penalised.

But O2 have a very good reputation so once this mess is sorted out I'll be fine.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast