Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Sky Broadband Usage On MySky?

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Usage On MySky? within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by myerss I got the 'You have gone over your usage limit' email as well so emailed them ...

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Usage On MySky?

Quote Originally Posted by myerss View Post
      I got the 'You have gone over your usage limit' email as well so emailed them as I didn't know I had been downgraded from 40GB to 10GB.
      There have been plenty of threads on here about this and from Sky's point of view they have sent you a letter regarding it. Perhaps it is a good idea to have a look at these letters before binning them.

2. Advertisement
      myerss is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Werrington
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      There have been plenty of threads on here about this and from Sky's point of view they have sent you a letter regarding it. Perhaps it is a good idea to have a look at these letters before binning them.
      Thanks for the advice, but if Sky have important contract changing information they need to inform me of they should not expect me to learn of it from a forum as you suggest or hide it in a junk mail marketing magazine, but should send me a proper letter and email (like they have to tell me I am over my limit). I bet they don't send out late payment reminders bundled in with the magazine.

How would you feel if your council sent you details of a Council Tax rise and a reduction in services in a community magazine or expected you to find out about it in the local paper?

I came on here to see if anyone else had received the same email as me not to be told off for chucking junk mail in the bin.

Have a nice day!

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myerss View Post
      How would you feel if your council sent you details of a Council Tax rise and a reduction in services in a community magazine
      It wouldn't bother me so long as I received it.

I came on here to see if anyone else had received the same email as me not to be told off for chucking junk mail in the bin.

Have a nice day!
      No one is telling you off but just suggesting that as Sky are known to send these letters out with he magazine it pays to have a quick read of them, most of the time they are rubbish just highlighting what is coming on the box but the odd one does need reading. Perhaps they should send them out separately and I can only presume it is down to costs for the reasons they don't.

Iincidently had you read the letter you would have seen it says that if you were still within the first 12 months of your contract you could cancel free of charge as they have change the terms and conditions (40GB down to 10GB being the reason) so if this applies to you it might be worth checking out.

Oh and I am having a nice day, thanks.

mickr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Verwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Thats the reason they sent it out as junk mail with the hope a lot of customers would not see it and miss the chance of cancelling there contract. The truth is sky do what they want and you take it of leave.

Mickr

dotdotuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well my usage tool is all over the place!

I usually dont bother even lookingn at it. However last weekend I did and it said I was (just) over the limit 10.something GB. There was a dire warning about being automatically switched next time it happened. However I have not recieved an email.

This morning I had a look and it was a much more reasonable figure of less than a GB of useage. I have just looked again and it is at 16.17GB!!

I can only assume it is not working - especially as I have not actually received the warning email.

Cheers,

Henry

hazelwoods is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Livingston
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I finally gave in. O2 Broadband are now offering 100 cashback for their mid package so I signed up for O2 and phoned Sky to request MAC code. I won't go into details but it took me almost 20 minutes and being passed from 1 department to another to another before someone in Broadband sales asked her manager if they could issue a MAC code. He dealt with it so I asked if the code could be emailed to me as Royal Mail are on holiday and the service usually sucks anyway. She said she'd email it to me asap but I'm still waiting.

At present we are sitting on 17.8GB used.

A move to O2 will cost less than I'm paying Sky and give me unlimited usage. The 100 cashback will pay the first 10 months broadband and hopefully provide a much better service. I just wish they'd hurry up with my MAC code

Deathstar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Huyton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

For anyone contemplating the 20mb upgrade, I can confirm that Quidco are paying 25.My order initially tracked within a few hours and is now showing "Validated".

mickr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Verwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Thanks

I am on everyday at the moment and already have sky talk. Would I be able to get the 6 months free if I upgraded to Unlimited.

With thanks
      Mickr

Deathstar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Huyton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Thanks

Yes.I was on Sky Talk Unlimited before I upgraded.I did it all on the website in a couple of minutes.For the first 6 months I will be charged 10 per month for Broadband but will simultaneously be given a 10 per month credit.For anyone unfamiliar with Quidco,it is a cashback site,register with them and follow the link from their site on to Sky to get the 25 cashback....Sky have just written to me explaining that my line will go into testing for the next 10 days so don't expect an immediate increase in speed,but your unlimited usage allowance kicks in straight away.

big bob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCCAR
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Thanks

I have requested a MAC code, there are better offers out there.

Why do i feel sad about leaving though?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast