Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Sky Broadband Usage On MySky?

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Usage On MySky? within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by big bob At 18:00 today 9.45GB. I have worked out the costs for 12 months broadband going ...

Deathstar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Huyton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Usage On MySky?

Quote Originally Posted by big bob View Post
      At 18:00 today 9.45GB.

I have worked out the costs for 12 months broadband going through Quidco.

Sky will cost me 40.

O2 will cost me 38.08. The 3 months free offer doesn't seem to be available any more.
      Surely Sky works out at 35 if Quidco is paid ? 10 x 12 months = 120 - 60 Sky Credit = 60 - 25 Quidco = 35 over the next 12 months 2.91 per month.

2. Advertisement
      big bob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCCAR
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstar View Post
      Surely Sky works out at 35 if Quidco is paid ? 10 x 12 months = 120 - 60 Sky Credit = 60 - 25 Quidco = 35 over the next 12 months 2.91 per month.
      I worked it out on what the Quidco site said, 20 casback.

I saw your post saying it came through as 25. I haven't decided what to do yet, i'm leaving it until after Christmas.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,620 Times in 1,582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hazelwoods View Post
      This is the 2nd month we have gone over..
      Let us know what happens. You are one of the first to be effected by their new condition, so it will be interesting to see how it works out. If you have Sky phone rental, you will probably not be upgraded as they don't seem to know how to do it, even for those that want upgraded.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

sghog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've still got the grey box with no usage details. This is for the billing period 09/12/09 - 09/01/10. I must be upto 10gb by now but haven't received 75% usage email.

Thanks

I got the email last night saying i had gone over the limit.

However it is the same email as last month stating they will only upgrade me if i go over again in the next 5 months.

myerss is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Werrington
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Thanks

Thumbs down Re: Sky Broadband Usage On MySky?

I got the 'You have gone over your usage limit' email as well so emailed them as I didn't know I had been downgraded from 40GB to 10GB.

I must admit I never open the magazine, it goes straight in the bin, so was not aware my download limit had been cut by 75% or that the price was going to double from 1 Jan 2010.

The email thread is below, unsurprisingly they have not answered any of my questions and their final email recommends that I pay them even more money to get the service I signed up for when it was first marketed by Sky. I especially like the bit in their last email to me where they say that the changes are for all Sky customers, as if this justifies the 75% reduction in download limit and 100% price increase.

Original Message Follows: (16/12/2009) ------------------------

Enquiry Type:

* Complaints
      * Sky Broadband complaints
      * Abuse & usage

Description:

I have today received an email telling me I have gone over my broadband usage amount of 10GB. I signed up to a the mid package of download speeds up to 8Mb and 40GB download per month. Since receiving this email I have checked my broadband service to find that my service has been down graded to 10GB per month. I assume you have offset this 75% downgrade by increasing the speed by 25% to UP TO 10Mb only to those that previously actually received 8Mb speeds. Since it is only possible for me to receive an average of 3Mb speed you have reduced the service you provide to me, I still only receive 3Mb speeds but my download allowance reduced by 75%. How is this fair? Also from the 1 January 2010 the cost of my package will increase to 10 so not only has the broadband service been downgraded I am expected to pay twice as much for the privilege unless I move to your Sky Talk package, another caveat that was not required by the service contract I signed up to. So please tell me what I have gained from your broadband service changes considering that you have 1. Reduced my download allowance by 75% 2. Increased my speed by 0% 3. Doubled the cost of my broadband service unless I sign up to your Sky Talk telephone service

SKY REPLY: Sky Help Centre wrote the following on 19/12/2009

Dear XXX

Thank you for your email regarding your Sky Broadband Everyday Usage. I am sorry in the delay in getting back to you.

I have looked over your request and can confirm your Broadband Everyday has a monthly Usage of 10GB.

Our Sky Broadband Mid changed over to Everyday and this was the change from 40GB to 10BGB. This change was more in link with our customer’s usage to help and provide a faster more stable Broadband for our customers. This was the reason in the change as it was in the best interest to our customers.

You can find information about our Sky Usage Tool by visiting Sky.com - Sky Help Centre Just click on "Sky Broadband" followed by " Getting online" and " Sky Broadband Usage Tool Explained".

I hope this information has helped with your enquiry. If you require any further assistance, you can reply direct to this email. You can also contact our Customer Services Department on 08442 41 41 41, where one of our advisors will be happy to help.

Kind Regards

Ashley

Customer Relations

Sky.com - your home for the latest news, sport and entertainment

MY REPLY (19/12/2009)

Thanks for the reply but as I expected you have not answered my questions you have just repeated my words and avoided the issue. If the true answer is I'm sorry but as a result of our changes you now receive a reduced service but more customers have gained than lost out then say so, but I very much doubt the second part of this statement to be true.

I'll ask again and include some of your reply, hopefully I'll get a direct answer (I won't hold my breath).

You have reduced by monthly download limit by 75% and you state, "This change was more in link with our customer’s usage...", what customers, not me as I have regularly used more than 10GB per month since signing up?

You state that you, "...provide a faster more stable Broadband...", not for me you haven't, I have always had a stable connection and have always received between 3Mb and 4Mb download speeds, this has not changed.

You state that this, "...was the reason in the change as it was in the best interest to our customers...", in the interest of this customer you have reduced the download limit by 75%, you have doubled the price of your service and you have not increased the download speed or made my connection more stable, you have reduced my ping but this is of no use to me as I am not a gamer. This customer has only lost out as a result of your change.

Please tell me what I have gained from your change in service levels, I now receive 75% less download limit, I have gained nothing in download speed or stability and the price has doubled. As I see it the only party to gain in this change is Sky, you have increased the cost, reduced the amount of download per customer and have maintained speeds, win win win for you.

Please don't refer me to your information page, I've read it, please don't repeat my questions as answers just give me a direct answer.

Waiting in anticipation

SKY REPLY (24/12/2009)

Dear XXX

Customer Account Number: XXXX518XXXX

Thank you for your email about your Sky Account and I apologise for the delay in responding to you.

I understand your frustration at the changes with your Broadband service but advise that these are changes

for all customers. Sky has made these changes but still hope to provide a good service for all of our customers.

If you fell that you use a lot more usage than what is on you package you can upgrade to the Unlimited Package

at 10.00(GBP) per month. I hope that you are happy and satisfied with the service provided.

Once again thank you for contacting us. If you require any further information, please email back to me, contact us on

08442 410515 or visit Sky.com - your home for the latest news, sport and entertainment where you will be able to view your billing and find information on all our available

products and services.

Kind regards

Louise

Customer Relations

Sky.com - your home for the latest news, sport and entertainment

I am now thinking of a even more sarcastic reply to the rubbish they have responded with, all I want is a direct answer but I know I'll never get one. In the meantime I will see how far over my download limit I can go before next months allowance starts, I'm currently at 26.82GB with 16 days left to go

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Thanks

According to their T&C's if you exceed your allowance twice you will be automatically upgraded so it will be interesting to see.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      According to their T&C's if you exceed your allowance twice you will be automatically upgraded so it will be interesting to see.
      I agree.

I have had the same email twice. Last month i used just under 12gb, this month so far i have used 11.12gb and have 10 days to go.

I was expecting this months email to tell me they were going to automatically upgrade me, but it doesn't, or are they going to do it at the start of the next billing period?

I am still toying with upgrading myself and getting the 6 months free offer that is available at the moment plus cashback if i go through Quidco, or going to O2.

hazelwoods is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Livingston
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've had the second "You've gone over the limit" email and waiting for the automatic update to happen. It is beginning to look as if their threats are not going to turn into actions.
      If they are not going to automatically upgrade my a/c I might stay where I am. I've no intention of paying them any more for a sevice that is nowhere near as good as the one I signed up for. We will always go over the 10GB limit, but that's cos we use the internet a lot. I signed up for a service that gave me well over 20GB allowance. Last month we used about 24GB and that was trying to be careful.
      I'm off to O2 but wanted to actually leave because of the upgrade, not just the threat of it.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,620 Times in 1,582 Posts

I would think if there is going to be an upgrade it will be done when your new billing period starts. You are unlikely to be charged as soon as you go over the limit. They may also give a months grace to some, as many reported that their initial period was well over the 30 days. They may also be having problems with their SVBN, they don't seem to be able to upgrade users on it, even when they want to.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast