Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Are The Changes to Sky Broadband Mid Really Fair?

This is a discussion on Are The Changes to Sky Broadband Mid Really Fair? within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Received a letter from Sky today detailing the new enhancments. Luckly I plumped for Max when I joined up as ...

SniffTheGlove is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Malvern
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Are The Changes to Sky Broadband Mid Really Fair?

Received a letter from Sky today detailing the new enhancments. Luckly I plumped for Max when I joined up as my usual usage was about 36Gb.

Sky know they have broken the rules etc and these virtually say so by allowing you out of your contract fro free according to the letter.

In my eyes, the customers of Mid will be either sub 10Gb customers or plus 30Gb customers with a small percentage blitzing the capacity above 60Gb'ish

Sky see this as an opptunity to keep the sub 10Gb customers and push the plus 30Gb onto the Max plan. This will initially raise their income.

Some time next year Sky will introduce a cap on the Unlimited package.

I don't see what the problem is, if people go over their cap on Mid then Sky should have charged them for the extra Gb's just like Nildram did etc then it's your choice if you want to pay the excess via additional GB charges or move the connection to Max

2. Advertisement
      ronburgess is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Crewe (Haslington)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: SkyHD anytime+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by youravinalarrrf View Post
      Once again NewsreadeR you are to be applauded for your your efforts but for me and many other loyal customers any movement from Sky now on this issue now would be too little too late.....the damage has already been done!

Sky have already shown the level of deviousness to which they are prepared to stoop to force these changes through and mislead their loyal customers in the process.

As I said before I firmly believe there is a lot more to this than meets the eye and if I wasn't daft and this was any other company but Sky the words financial difficulty would immediately spring to mind?

Sky do not appear to have grasped the fact that the country is in a deep recession and people are really struggling. These latest changes are being seen by customers as yet another underhanded attempt by Sky to force customers onto the Max/Unlimited service and pay 5 extra for the privilege or to sign up to the SkyTalk service. Sky can't or won't even provide customers with their bandwidth usage figures when asked to enable them to make the right decision/choice on this issue.

Just pure greed by Sky!

I've had Sky Mid since it was first available and with the exception of the appalling customer service provided I have been a reasonably happy customer. For me personally this was just the last straw and I'm already on my way to O2.

I haven't even been connected to O2 yet yet I've already experienced what a massive difference there is between Sky and O2 in the levels of customer service provided. There is no contest!
      I agree with the comment financial difficulty. Sky have just announced out of the blue that they are stopping their credit card. For those that don't appreciate what this does you earned points which you could use against your Sky bill. This saved me about 85 /year !! They are obviously looking at all ways to reduce "losses" I also know of many people who have recently dropped or lowered their Sky sub, including Broadband, Phone etc. They must be hurting!! People seem to be switching away to BT or TalkTalk for Phone&/or BB. Watch out Sky!! this is going to backfire!

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I agree with the comment financial difficulty.
      Although I can see what you are saying, but Sky are far from financial difficulty imo.

The Sky card was from Barclaycard iirc and so its possible they changed the goal posts and Sky said no.

As for backfiring, again I agree.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

mikey4020 is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Halfway/WSHAL
      Broadband ISP: O2 Premium (4th Aug)
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

I have exhausted the T&C's online and can't seem to find an answer. If I upgrade to Unlimited does anyone know if I'll be entering into a new 12mnth contract, I've been connected since Aug 2006? All I can see in the T&C's is "You must subscribe to your chosen broadband package for 12 months"

Thanks

It turns out if your out of contract then upgrading does not enter you into a new contract.

I upgraded tonight however and my router has went from syncing at 8186 to 4092!! Is this temporary or will I need to phone Sky?

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

went from syncing at 8186 to 4092!!
      Sounds like DLM has started for you. Give it a few days and you should be back to where you were or higher.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

yeah don't bother calling - DLM is now running and yu should've been told when upgrading that this'd happen...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

Yeah it would have been helpful to know this, especially since MySky says "This service is Unavailible" I've rebooted my router a few times since I upgraded which will no doubt be treated as disconnections!!

return2base is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Thanks

I think mine has gone on this DLM thing as it is always set at 412 upstream and 6100 to 6300 down.

I'm leaving the router on but is there anything else I can do / should do ?

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Although I can see what you are saying, but Sky are far from financial difficulty imo.
      Sky are a well run origanisation and are doing what is sensible - reducing costs which is the same as increasing profits. If some part of the organisation is costing more to run than can be justified by user interest (ie the Sky Credit Card) then it's culled. I only wish PSB was run the same way!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast