Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Alert: Sat Link Services

This is a discussion on Alert: Sat Link Services within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Hi SkyUsers... We’re aware a company called Sat Link Services has been contacting some of our customers asking for bank ...

Sky+ Team is offline Sky+ Team
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Alert: Sat Link Services

Hi SkyUsers...

We’re aware a company called Sat Link Services has been contacting some of our customers asking for bank details and threatening that Sky will suspend their viewing if details are not given. This is categorically not true and this company is not affiliated with Sky in any way.

We pursued a company called Satellite Direct all the way to the High Court over its own misselling activities and won our case. We continue to track activities of other companies and investigate customer feedback in instances of passing off or misselling.

We do respect people are free to choose any warranty but want to ensure no-one is misled with underhand tactics. Sky's officially approved warranty product is called Sky Protect which is provided on our behalf by Domestic and General.

For more advice on satellite warranties, please visit:

Sky.com - Sky Help Centre>Services

Cheers

Sky+ Team

2. Advertisement
      Kbramman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dulwich
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Alert: Sat Link Services

Thanks for the heads up on yet more dodgy dealing from people using Sky's name..

Must say this is the most laid back email I've seen from Sky, even saying cheers at the end... wow...

ccsnet is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Be aware - I'm not sure if it was this lot or another but I knwo some one at work who last week was contacted by a company like this.... despite been told no.... not once but twice when they imediatly rang back they had setup a £65 per month ( yes you read that right ) DD and had took some money already..... bank details where not given as this person knows about security.

I personally would be intrested in how they got this and would like to look at Sky to stop selling customer details on ( I dont mean the bank details ) because either these guys are been very lucky or guessing or they know x person has Sky.

Terran

reddwarfcrew is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

You'll find people who have had these people call them when they have never ever done business with sky.

Essentially it's just the telephone equivalent of phishing.

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 152
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I just had a phone call from someone at Domestic and general on 08001218132 on behalf of Sky and they insisted i confirm the account details by giving them our bank sort code and account number is this right? anyway i told him theres no way im giving you that over the phone and said goodbye.
      "To help would be a great adventure"
      Listen to the all new 24hr SkyUser Radio http://www.skyuserradio.co.uk/

Come join us for a game @ TeamSkyUser

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

No way would I give that information out either but even if you did there is nothing there that isn't on a cheque but that call sounds well iffy.

SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 152
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Well the bloke kept saying he needed it to verify the account but wouldn't they know who i was as they phoned me anyway.
      "To help would be a great adventure"
      Listen to the all new 24hr SkyUser Radio http://www.skyuserradio.co.uk/

Come join us for a game @ TeamSkyUser

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

When D & G rang me up ages ago, they definitely gave me the impression that they were from Sky and not the preferred warranty company.

I even asked for a copy of the telephone call, as I have never ever lost my temper with a person on the phone as much as I did when that person rang me pretending to be Sky.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I have just had a phone call off a rude snotty woman, from Digital Services telling me that my warranty is about to run out also.

Unknown number popped up on my mobile phone, she knew my name and apparently had my bank details as well. However, on asking her where she had got my mobile number from, she told me from Sky.

Now this is the weird thing, I only have given my number to about 15 people maximum, (one of these being Sky) and it is not recorded anywhere on the net that I can think of, it was only given out to people who I wish to have contact with.

She told me that they have had the details for ages, since signing up to Sky, which is obviously an untruth, as if so then:

1) How come I only got my mobile a couple of years ago, while in reality I have been with Sky for about 20 years or so

2) No Sky STB's are about to expire under their warranty. One has already expired about 8 months ago, the other has about 11 months to go

On further questioning she put the phone down on me telling me "she doesn't have to listen to this" although I had just had to listen to her dribble and lies that my satellite services are about to expire under warranty.

Seriously, something should be done about this, and I really want to know who has given them my number.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

jimlad60 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      I have just had a phone call off a rude snotty woman, from Digital Services telling me that my warranty is about to run out also.

Unknown number popped up on my mobile phone, she knew my name and apparently had my bank details as well. However, on asking her where she had got my mobile number from, she told me from Sky.

Now this is the weird thing, I only have given my number to about 15 people maximum, (one of these being Sky) and it is not recorded anywhere on the net that I can think of, it was only given out to people who I wish to have contact with.

She told me that they have had the details for ages, since signing up to Sky, which is obviously an untruth, as if so then:

1) How come I only got my mobile a couple of years ago, while in reality I have been with Sky for about 20 years or so

2) No Sky STB's are about to expire under their warranty. One has already expired about 8 months ago, the other has about 11 months to go

On further questioning she put the phone down on me telling me "she doesn't have to listen to this" although I had just had to listen to her dribble and lies that my satellite services are about to expire under warranty.

Seriously, something should be done about this, and I really want to know who has given them my number.
      That's the real and worrying question.
      If Sky is warning us about Domestic and General and they are Cold calling with our bank and phone details.
      WERE are they getting them from.
      Anyone calling with such details to hand will come across as genuine to many people.
      So were do we complain about such behaviour probably the OFT

Our Life journey can never be repeated. The impression we leave on others at our passing can never be changed.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jimlad60 For This Useful Post:

fourfingers (07-07-11)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast