Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Sky Broadband Changes - 22nd June

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Changes - 22nd June within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by Smithy99 It's a lovely summer colour A bit more information regarding your question would be nice, do ...

MK Hammer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01908
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Changes - 22nd June

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      It's a lovely summer colour

A bit more information regarding your question would be nice, do you mean the phones, the broadband, the colour or the order?
      As the thread is about broadband, I thought it was obvious. I should have included their quote.

Somebody a few posts earlier said something bout their broadband not being up to much. I just wondered what that was based on as I was thinking of switching to them and stating they are crap without any other comments is not that helpful.
      Milton Keynes - City of the Future, Built in the Past

2. Advertisement
      lostvalley is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Totton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrTracey View Post
      Who's gonna get rid of Sky TV? - me for starters!

there's nothing that compares with it... - Yes, you're quite right. No-one else I can think of provides multiple channels of crap and repeats.

I have already cancelled my HD sub. The only reason I still have any Sky subscription at all is because I am on Mid broadband for 5/month.

As from January 2010, unless I want to be capped to 10GB, I will have to move to Unlimited, and see a price rise from 5/month to 15/month ! There will no longer be any incentive for me to keep Sky TV and, come January, I will end my TV subscription.

I can't believe Sky have made such a massive mistake. SKY WILL LOOSE TV SUBSCRIPTIONS AND BROADBAND USERS!!

I can only think Murdoch has gone mad and wants to reduce his customer base.
      Also, depends on your viewpoint of the TV. I have a friend who considers the TV to be a bonus on top of the broadband. So, they view the entire package, which costs them about 17 pounds a month as broadband with TV, not the other way round. On hearing of the changes to mid, which would mean they would need to upgrade to Unlimited, their view was they weren't paying over 20 pounds a month for broadband, and would go elsewhere. Not everybody sees the TV as the main product. Personally, though we have grown used to having all those repeats

CyberDrac is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gillingham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

In a similar way the reason why I joined Sky was to combine several costs, namely broadband and phone. When I realised that I could combine these costs and get TV for less than I was paying originally for just two services I made the decision to migrate to Sky.

As such I consider myself to be "broadband and phone user who took advantage of the TV deals".

Whilst I have enjoyed my year with Sky I don't consider it an essential ... a phone service is an essential ... a broadband service is an essential ... but extra TV channels ... nah ... a luxury at best, an extravagence at worst.

Since Sky's website is so broken that it can't even allow me to upgrade to the "unlimited" service and my e-mail to Customer Service asking for clarification on a number of points has gone unanswered, I no longer feel any obligation to stay with Sky.

I will be considering my options and I suspect that before the August 1st deadline I will be migrating to O2 for my broadband, back to BT for my phone, and reverting to Terrestrial TV, or indeed wander over to Virgin and see what they have to offer.

The only thing I'll miss is the styling of my Sky HD box which looked very much at home under my TV, shame the Virgin box is so pig ugly.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

shame the Virgin box is so pig ugly.
      You ain't talking about SIr Dickie are you?

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

tech3475 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Next January, when my broadband increases to 15 for max, I will be considering leaving.

Angel_Rex is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Uckfield
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: SKY SR102
      Thanks

typically I took up sky line rental 2 weeks before the announcement...... so im stuck with 12 months line rental.....plus I only took it as it was 10 over BT 11.25 i had.... but apparently in sept. sky is going up to 11....

I have just dropped back my TV subscription to 18.50 with 3 mixes no movies etc and am on mid broadband with sky talk (so 5). I shall be opting out of the sky's own network in the next week or so, but, as I have no other LLU providers on my exchange (well orange and TT but who uses them - lol) and BT sux.... im at a slight loss as what to do.

To be fair ATM I prob dont use much over 10gig - but have started watching more sky player etc. I wonder if sky will count their own sky player as monthly usage?

I mainly game with my connection (source & cod4 & L4D) so download isnt too much of a concern but I think the added upload to either product could help reduce the ping? My max delay is on 8 and with a ping of 27ms i suppose i shouldnt ask for miracles. lol

I wont upgrade to unlimited as 15 a month from march is too much, saying that, if they left it at 10 I would be more inclined to take it. I think it would be fair to say if you have sky TV, line rental, sky talk, sky BB on sky's own network (their new line) then the unlimited BB would be 10.

Mr Spouse is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Somewhere
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_Rex View Post
      I wont upgrade to unlimited as 15 a month from march is too much, saying that, if they left it at 10 I would be more inclined to take it. I think it would be fair to say if you have sky TV, line rental, sky talk, sky BB on sky's own network (their new line) then the unlimited BB would be 10.
      If you took out line rental in June, then you would get unlimited for 10 a month for as long as you keep the Sky Talk package - I'm not sure if an upgrade to Unlimited ties you in for a further 12 months, but if you do it now then it's only a couple of months of additional line rental, then you get the choice to do whatever you want.

I did something similar to you in signing up just before the changes, but I opted for the Sky Talk/HD box deal - free line rental for 12 months, so that pays for the HD package - and went for Max from the start.

This kind of stuff changes all the time so what looks like a good deal now probably won't be in 6 months time. When I was looking at broadband I considered O2 but didn't want to change my mobile provider. That contract is now finished and guess who is most attractive now - yep, O2! You win some, you lose some. That's life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spouse View Post
      If you took out line rental in June, then you would get unlimited for 10 a month for as long as you keep the Sky Talk package - I'm not sure if an upgrade to Unlimited ties you in for a further 12 months, but if you do it now then it's only a couple of months of additional line rental, then you get the choice to do whatever you want.

I did something similar to you in signing up just before the changes, but I opted for the Sky Talk/HD box deal - free line rental for 12 months, so that pays for the HD package - and went for Max from the start.

This kind of stuff changes all the time so what looks like a good deal now probably won't be in 6 months time. When I was looking at broadband I considered O2 but didn't want to change my mobile provider. That contract is now finished and guess who is most attractive now - yep, O2! You win some, you lose some. That's life.

If you have sky broadband and sky talk and sky line rental the broadband price is HELD only until march 2010, at which point it will go up to 10/ 15 for mid/max (old names)

unless i read it wrong??.... I thought the price is increased from march regardless of having sky talk or not?
      Last edited by Angel_Rex; 12-07-09 at 06:34 PM.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

If you have sky broadband and sky talk and sky line rental the broadband price is HELD only until march 2010
      That's wrong. If you have Sky Talk, there is no increase. The increase happened March 1st 2009

unless i read it wrong??.... I thought the price is increased from march regardless of having sky talk or not?
      March 2009 - As above.

at which point it will go up to 10/ 15 for mid/max (old names)
      If you don't have Sky Talk, then at present if you are not getting the credit applied to your account, you would already be paying the new (as from March 2009) price.

Those that were eligible and do get the credit, and do not take Sky Talk as from January 2010, will pay the new increased from March 2009 prices.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Thanks

oh i see, thought was going up next year anyway....doh.

Cheers for that think i'll stick on mid for the time being and see if my usage is warned on.

Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast