Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 35 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Sky Broadband Changes - 22nd June

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Changes - 22nd June within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; So if we opt out now & for whatever reason change our minds, will we be able to opt in?...

tvsizedoesmatter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sydenham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid, Sky Talk unlimited, Sky Talk line rental
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Changes - 22nd June

So if we opt out now & for whatever reason change our minds, will we be able to opt in?
      Being tortured by a mord-sith takes on new meaning

2. Advertisement
      boristhespie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Given the recent huge push by Sky to get new customers I regard what they have now done as knowingly misleading people, to snag them. Don;t tell me this wasn't in the pipeline 2 months ago.

I took out their entire package including Mid broadband and International Call package. The primary reason being not only the calls but the 40gb limit on downloads. To after a couple of month put something through my door today telling me they are increasing prices AND taking 75% of my allowance away is diabolical. Who gives a toss if they increase download speed it they then take away THREE QUARTERS of the download limit. God knows how that will affect me. I use PSN and one trailers is 2gb.

It took a lot of consideration to go with Sky. Now I know them for what they are and while it is impossible for me to cancel just like that ( I'd still have to pay for their SH1TTY tv) , I will not be renewing my contract.

What a way to treat their customers. Also let me just say also, I went for Sky so that retained my BT line. I did not, as far as I am aware give them carte blanche over this. I don't recall this in terms and conditions but if they knacker up my line I will be doing something about this.

Making improvements to the service while taking 75% of that service away. Having a larf.

I will be advising everyone who has asked me about their package to avoid. I will in 10 months time too.

mitchec1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSCRAY
      Broadband ISP: O2 Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

boristhespie it's not impossible for you to cancel your bb if you have the leaflet with their changes read the bit for Changes for Sky Broadband Mid customers

There's a part that tells you about the monthly allowance change dropping to 10 gb from 1st August it then states "Because we have made this change to your service you may cancel your broadband without charge as long as you do so before this date "

You can leave as long as you cancel before the 1st August
      What you know is not a secret

Exchange:
      Thanks

The problem then is I am left with their naff tv, an unwanted result of the package, which when having to pay in conjunction with another service makes it expensive. I also pay for the phone so would have to cancel that. How nice, all the hassle after just getting it.

I only took sky out a couple of month ago. They must have known what they we going to do then, so any offer made at the time was basically fraudulent in spirit.

My service is now totally up in the air again. An the concept of rolling contract changes is completely onesided.

Mr Spouse is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Somewhere
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

So why not threaten to take all of it away and see if they will upgrade you to Unlimited to persuade you to stay? Yes, it's not fair, but it is only 5 a month more and still competitive compared to most ISPs.

Exchange:
      Thanks

It's not 5 a month is it? It a bundled price of 30 a month.

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

I do sympathise with you and all other mid users, however the following does make me wonder if you researched this first :-

Quote Originally Posted by boristhespie View Post
      The problem then is I am left with their naff tv, an unwanted result of the package,
      There are other bb and call packages around that are as good value as mid and sky talk, even more so if you dont want to pay for the TV.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Don't want to get into a long drawn out discussion but where I live, O2 and Be and the like don't exist. The Sky package was the cheapest given what I thought I was getting otherwise I would have gone with the only other offer, from Talk Talk. Which given their reputation is hardly a choice. Not forgetting the the fact that they were LLU when I wanted to retain my BT line. I feel Sky has misled people and given how long strategy takes, done so knowingly.
      Last edited by boristhespie; 29-06-09 at 10:31 PM.

GSMGuy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: HD+ Multiroom
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tvsizedoesmatter View Post
      So if we opt out now & for whatever reason change our minds, will we be able to opt in?

Good point!

Mike

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boristhespie View Post
      Don't want to get into a long drawn out discussion but where I live, O2 and Be and the like don't exist. The Sky package was the cheapest given what I thought I was getting otherwise I would have gone with the only other offer, from Talk Talk. Which given their reputation is hardly a choice. Not forgetting the the fact that they were LLU when I wanted to retain my BT line. I feel Sky has misled people and given how long strategy takes, done so knowingly.
      Thats fine mate, I wasnt trying to be argumentative, and I also agree with you regarding Sky long term strategies ( They want everyone on their bb, slytalk and line rental so it makes it very difficult for people to move ). This is why I refuse to move my line rental from BT and have not taken up their calls package. I'm not a big fan of talktalk either but I didnt realise you had to have line rental with them to get their bb.

Page 35 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast