Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 27 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Sky Broadband Changes - 22nd June

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Changes - 22nd June within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy everyone in Sky has access to the info of the changes - if they choose to ...

andykate is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: crossgates,leeds
      Broadband ISP: o2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Changes - 22nd June

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      everyone in Sky has access to the info of the changes - if they choose to ignore that info then that's the agents fault not Sky's...

why direct them to here anyway? would've been better to direct them to the Sky site seeing as it's all there aswell...
      the agent i spoke to was excellent ,although i seemed to know more about the changes than he did.
      i directed him to here because firstly he asked where i got my info and secondly i said i wanted to leave because of the usage cap,he looked on the sky site and it still said mid and 40gb.so i directed him here so he could see the links to the relevent places on skys site.`
      it is skys fault..theyve handled this all wrong,different info on different pages on sky .com.what about people who dont visit sites like this????an email 3 days before the change isnt enough.
      ive only ever had one bad experience with sky cs or cst,the rest of the times ive got nothing but praise for the competent way ive been dealt with.big changes like this should be dealt with more effeciently.thats all i was saying..
      KEEP ON KEEPING ON
      checking punctuation

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

that's cool - as it's since been noticed the site has different info depending on where you look...

most of my colleagues know of this site and read it a lot - if anything to have a giggle but also to see what real issues there are as opposed the theoretical problems...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

LooieENG is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by youravinalarrrf View Post
      Because they're now taking the ****!

This usage cut = yet another price increase! This comes on top of the 100% increase Mid users have already just had. It really is that simple!

And now we know who's to blame!
      sorry

this was a while back though so you can't blame me!

What I meant though, was some people on mid can hang around and see if they even monitor bandwidth usage first. They might just be reducing the bandwidth so NEW customers will see how low it is and maybe choose Max instead, as opposed to trying to force current Mid users to upgrade.

P.S. my internet connection keeps going off, is this anything to do with DLM starting? Today is the first time it's disconnected since I got the router replaced...

However, I'm not sure if it's actually the internet or just my laptop losing connection (which it shouldn't because I always have 5 bars and it's hardly ever done it before)

NewDigger is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Out of interest, I'm wondering will the new speeds be rolled out slowly to existing customers, and if you're line is currently capped by support will you get the newer speeds?
      And by the last question I mean will DLM come into effect and start trying faster speeds, then reducing them till you get your line stability back?

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

you start low and go up, not the other way round now...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

BLOODUK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Herne Bay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Everything
      Thanks

I'm still waiting for the next up lol , though its been lovely and stable all day... I can see this being the most stable if there is any problems higher up in the speed range

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,620 Times in 1,582 Posts

you start low and go up, not the other way round now...
      Looking in my crystal ball I see nothing but andache

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

stevvi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      existing customers yes, new customers is now...
      Exactly. New customers can choose what they want to do knowing what they're getting and existing customers can decide what they want to do when they are officially notified by Sky. All this outrage at being notified via the Sky rag is rubbish as no-one knows if this is how folks are going to be told the "bad news".

Once that news is officially announced then existing customers have a choice. Accept it or go elsewhere... if they can find a better deal. All this whining like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum is ridiculous... if you don't like it then go and get a better deal somewhere else! Of course, the problem is that Sky Max is a very good deal at 15 per month... and dare I say it, 25 per month.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,620 Times in 1,582 Posts

Sky Max is a very good deal at 15 per month... and dare I say it, 25 per month.
      I just hope the Sky moguls are not taking notes.

I think if Max had been reduced to 20Gb 'because that's what most Max customers use' a month you would have a very different opinion.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stevvi View Post
      All this outrage at being notified via the Sky rag is rubbish as no-one knows if this is how folks are going to be told the "bad news".

Once that news is officially announced then existing customers have a choice.
      I think you are missing the point that Sky have an annoying habit of NOT informing their existing customers of what they are doing. The previous round of DLM being a good example.

Quote Originally Posted by stevvi View Post
      Accept it or go elsewhere... if they can find a better deal. All this whining like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum is ridiculous... if you don't like it then go and get a better deal somewhere else! Of course, the problem is that Sky Max is a very good deal at 15 per month... and dare I say it, 25 per month.
      Is that right, my calculator would disagree as both these packages are cheaper than 25 / month.
      O2 Home Broadband - Charges
      https://www.bethere.co.uk/broadbandpro.do

And if you check out the skyuser sister site O2User seem to be much more customer orientated.

Page 27 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast