Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 14 of 77 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Sky Broadband Changes - 22nd June

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Changes - 22nd June within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Originally Posted by andykate so can someone clarify all this for me,all i really use my bb for is surfing,no ...

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband Changes - 22nd June

Quote Originally Posted by andykate View Post
      so can someone clarify all this for me,all i really use my bb for is surfing,no downloading really.BUT i do use it for xbox live AND psn a few hours everyday and i do download from those two.
      as you can see from my sig' my upload is good and my down is capped at 4mb to keep my line stable so my ping stays low.all these new conditions means i lose out all round,which is sad cos im more than happy since cst sorted my connection.
      so the question is...any legal brains,pls tell me, can i leave and go to O2 without getting a disconnection charge??????
      i was more than happy with SKY,new it was too good to last.
      You wont lose out at all, in fact you may see an improvement.

Your upload speed may increase with the upgrade which is good for gamers. If DLM is ran again on your line and it doesn't like it you can ring up and get the download speed capped back to 4mb.

If Sky change the contract, then you will have 30 days to leave, without penalties.

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

We will be speaking to Sky tomorrow regarding some things that we have asked about, as well as the competition and the prizes. (The quantity specifically) As our contact has just returned from holiday.

We will update this thread hopefully tomorrow afternoon, if we get any further information about these changes etc

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

andykate is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: crossgates,leeds
      Broadband ISP: o2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      ^^ you on Mid? if so, how's your upstream as high as it is as Mid is up to 400kbps...did you get an agent to 'bend the rules' for you? hope they weren't being monitored if they did...
      nah,when i first came over from v%$1in my gaming was pony so after talking to isitme and smithy i rang support and i had 2 people from cst sorting my line out for me.if you see some of my first posts you'll see how cst were bending over backwards to help me.
      thats why im so gutted about all this mallarky,it took a few weeks to get it all sorted what with adsl2 and gdmt and line caps etc etc.
      im happy with sky and the cst guys are 100% but i dont like being blindsided,how can sky give you something then just take it away but still expect you to pay the same??????
      KEEP ON KEEPING ON
      checking punctuation

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andykate View Post
      sky talk customers are getting a discount at the moment on mid but that will only last till jan 2010
      That is a good point, I wonder what will happen come January 2010 to those people that like me still will not have Sky Talk, will we continue to have to pay more ?

Not surprised at all by this and the August date has given Sky some extra time to get those letters out. I will seriously consider what to do come August as I don't really want to leave as I am more than happy with my rock solid connection but having already had a 100% increase on this and now have the limit reduced is not swaying me to stay with them.

Tim1964 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hoddesdon
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

This thread is a great 'soap opera' with all the info flying about.

As I'm on MID and only need the landline for the net I have been looking at a mobile BB solution but the download caps are/were too small.

The increased speed will have no effect as I only get just over 2 meg down/300ish up as it is.

By dropping the phone-line and being able to then drop Sky TV (as I only have episodes of 2 or 3 progs on my planner and haven't cancelled it already so that I can have their BB) as 90% of my TV shows are from "other sources" I will be saving

11 - phone
      5 - MID BB
      26 - TV package.

That's 42 a month saving.!!!!

The mobile BB idea, even for the more expensive deals are now viable and as we will soon be getting a laptop or netbook anyway the "free laptop" offers seem very good.

stujw is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01797
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi guys, just read about these changes...

Since Sunday I've had real trouble keeping my PS3 connected to the net. It'd been fine for months but now it just drops the connection after a couple of minutes with a DNS error.

Is there a chance this could be something to do with these changes being implemented? I've tried so many things over the past few days to rectify it, I really hope it is the changes!

Cheers

phproxy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky Player
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stujw View Post
      Hi guys, just read about these changes...

Since Sunday I've had real trouble keeping my PS3 connected to the net. It'd been fine for months but now it just drops the connection after a couple of minutes with a DNS error.

Is there a chance this could be something to do with these changes being implemented? I've tried so many things over the past few days to rectify it, I really hope it is the changes!

Cheers
      Sky User - Sky Broadband and PS3 DNS errors

BLOODUK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Herne Bay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Sky TV: Everything
      Thanks

I signed upto sky MAX on the 15th , my router arrived today.. My activation is due tuesday 23rd , does that mean that i wont be on max but on the unlimited service?

My connection is upto 16mb , but the test said i should get atleast 3mb with this new service should i get more than 3mb?

penrhyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB Box
      Thanks

Sky seem to be updating the website bit by bit, if you go onto MySky, then broadband service you can find this,

Maximum Product headline Speeds
      These are the advertised maximum speeds offered with your Sky Broadband product, and refer to the fastest download and upload speeds that the Sky Broadband connection could achieve between a router and the Sky Broadband equipment in the telephone exchange.
      Please bear in mind that the speed you will actually experience when using the internet can be anything up to the maximum speeds offered by your Sky Broadband product, and are affected by many factors with the most important being the length and quality of your phone line. Maximum download and upload speeds offered with the Sky Broadband products are:

Base: up to 2Mb download / up to 400Kb upload
      Everyday: up to 10Mb download / up to 600Kb upload
      Unlimited: up to 20Mb download / up to 1.3Mb upload
      Connect (available in areas outside of Sky's broadband network): up to 8Mb download / up to 448Kb upload

Sky.com - Sky Help Centre>Product Help

Elsewhere the 'old packages' are still being advertised.

big bob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCCAR
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by speedyrite View Post
      I wonder if those customers who stay on Mid will also be subject to more rigorous policing of the usage limit when it falls from 40GB per month to 10GB per month?

I was wondering the same.

My AVERAGE monthly use since February is just over 10GB.

Page 14 of 77 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast