Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Sky Broadband Changes - 22nd June

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Changes - 22nd June within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; A quick calculation shows the VAT reduction I'll have this year will be about the same as my Sky subscription, ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,581 Posts

Re: Sky Broadband Changes - 22nd June

A quick calculation shows the VAT reduction I'll have this year will be about the same as my Sky subscription, So I think it's been very worthwhile.
      But have you bought anything you would not have bought anyway? That was the main reason for the cut. I also saved quite a bit on a roof job I had done, but I was doing it anyway, so the Govt lost about £300 for nothing really. Just put another £300 in my holiday fund

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      Angel_Rex is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Uckfield
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: SKY SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I have literally JUST come off the phone to sky as ive put on the line rental to my sky package, I asked the lady about the braodband changes to which she said from monday I will have a monthly 10gig allowance and 10mb down and 600kb up (upto obviously).

krysis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: BT
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

I think it's a load of crap to cut the Mid Bandwidth to 10GB! It's completely stupid.

mickr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Verwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

I cannot see how they can possably change it on monday without telling anybody .I received letter from them this morning offering sky sport and movies half price for 3 months but no mension of changes to broadband. Also they are still advertising 40g monthly useage on there web site. If i signed up today then on monday it went down to 10g I would create hell.

Mickr

Thanks

I have to agree, how can they advertise this on their site today, then chop it on Monday -
      Sky Broadband Mid

Perfect for regular internet users with up to 8Mb download speeds (depending on your location) and 40GB monthly usage allowance - it's just £5 a month with Sky Talk (otherwise £10 pm).

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Just had this information sent to me unofficially. Although this is from a PDF sent to me by a known Sky staff member, I would pretty much treat this as gospel.

1. MORE RELIABLE ON-NET SKY BROADBAND, PLUS FASTER HEADLINE SPEEDS

We’re increasing the reliability and stability for on-net Sky Broadband connections, as well as introducing faster maximum download and upload speeds for Sky Broadband Mid - now up to 10Mb download and 600Kb upload - and Max - up to 20Mb download and 1.3Mb upload. We will rollout these faster download and upload speeds for existing customers between July and September 2009. (The speeds our customers can receive depend on location and line quality).

2. SKY BROADBAND MID NOW WITH 10GB MONTHLY USAGE ALLOWANCE

We’re reducing the monthly usage allowance on Sky Broadband Mid from 40GB to 10GB - in line with what the majority of our customers actually use. For existing Sky Broadband Mid customers the 10GB usage allowance will be from 1 August 2009.

3. FREE TRIAL PERIOD OF McAFEE SECURITY TO BE REDUCED ON SOME PRODUCTS

We’re reducing the free trial period of McAfee Internet Security from 12 months to 3 months on Sky Broadband Base, Mid and Connect. Sky Broadband Max and existing customers already registered for McAfee security trial will continue to benefit from their 12 months free McAfee Internet Security service.

4. TRANSFERRING SOME CUSTOMERS TO OUR NEW SKY VOICE AND BROADBAND NETWORK

We’re upgrading our on-net customers who have Sky Broadband, Sky Talk Calls and Sky Talk Line Rental to our new Sky Voice and Broadband Network, so we no longer have to rent the line from BT and we’re more in control of the service provided to our customers.

5. NEW NAMES FOR SOME OF OUR BROADBAND PRODUCTS

To reflect the improvements we’re making, we have given some of our Sky Broadband products brand new names - Sky Broadband Mid will become Sky Broadband Everyday, and Sky Broadband Max will become Sky Broadband Unlimited.

6. INCREASING THE MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION PRICE FOR SKY TALK LINE RENTAL TO £11

From 1 September 2009, the monthly subscription price for Sky Talk Line Rental will be increasing from £10 a month to £11 a month, but remains cheaper than BT line rental.

Please note, although we are making these improvements to our Sky Talk and Broadband services, we will NOT be changing the monthly subscription prices for our Sky Broadband and Sky Talk Calls services.

We will start to inform our customers of these changes in the July edition of the Sky Magazine.

The July Sky Magazine will start to land with customers from 26 June and will include a letter detailing our price changes, plus a leaflet to our Sky Broadband on-net customers explaining all the great changes coming soon to our Sky Broadband and Talk services.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Thanks

To reflect the improvements we’re making, we have given some of our Sky Broadband products brand new names - Sky Broadband Mid will become Sky Broadband Everyday
      We’re reducing the monthly usage allowance on Sky Broadband Mid from 40GB to 10GB
      This is an improvement? Who do they think they are kidding?

TomD

Useful Utilites

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Although it doesn't directly affect me, I cannot believe that this is happening. Either Sky want to annoy all those on Mid, or they want other ISP's to start taking their customers. Surely, there has to be a get out of jail free card, this is definitely a detrimental change to the product that many have signed up to.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

youravinalarrrf is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: MYBD
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      Please note, although we are making these improvements to our Sky Talk and Broadband services, we will NOT be changing the monthly subscription prices for our Sky Broadband and Sky Talk Calls services.
      That statement is nothing but a LIE!

How can they possibly state they are making improvements and that the monthly subscription prices will NOT be changing when they will be charging the same price yet providing 75% less for the money?

All Mid customers (with the exception of the lucky few) have only just had a 100% increase and now if they wish to keep the same bandwidth usage entitlement Sky now expect them to change to Max and pay a further 100% increase on the original Mid price?

That's a 200% increase!

Who are Sky kidding? Just how stupid and gullible do they think their customers are?

Time for a MAC code request and a move to 02 I think!

Nigelh is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Hitchin
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: and Multiroom
      Thanks

With all of the price increases I will be considering alternatives come September. I have several options, and whilst I may not exceed 10gb per month, I'm not sure that I want to be monitering it every day either. I think this is likely to lose more customers than it gains.

Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast