Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Operation Save Energy

This is a discussion on Operation Save Energy within the Sky news and announcements forums, part of the SkyUser Announcements category; Recently we have had some threads started regarding the Sky Electricity Monitors that Sky gave away to some customers as ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Operation Save Energy

Recently we have had some threads started regarding the Sky Electricity Monitors that Sky gave away to some customers as part of an offer available in April.

We decided to speak to Sky to see what the chances are of giving some away to our members.

Good news! Sky have agreed to give us 10 of these units to give away to 10 of our members, as an experiment, to see if they change their energy consumption habits and save money as a result.

Sky take their commitment to the environment pretty seriously and are constantly looking for ways to reduce their own impact on the environment as well as their customers. To find out more about this visit: Sky's Bigger Picture website

So, in conjunction with our friends at Sky, SkyUser are giving 10 members the chance to take part in our challenge.

SkyUser would be very interested in the outcome of you using the Sky Electricity Monitor, and would like to hear your results on our forums in our Operation Save Energy thread. Did it make you more conscious of your energy use? Were you surprised to find out which appliances used the most electricity? Did you save energy and money as a result?

To have a chance of receiving one of the 10 Sky Monitors that we have to give away, absolutely free of charge, thanks to Sky, please contact myself by PM on the forums, with your interest. We will then pick 10 lucky people from the entries on Monday 15th June and then let you know that the Sky Electricity Monitor is on its way to you.

Last edited by NewsreadeR; 21-05-09 at 09:45 PM.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Operation Save Energy

So far, we have had a huge response to this competition, for the 10 Sky Electricity Monitors, courtesy of Sky.

Sky are now trying to get us more than the initial 10 to give away, but there are absolutely no promises or guarantees.

We will update this thread once we know for sure the final amount of monitors that Sky have provided for prizes.

If you haven't already entered, then please do so, this competition closes Monday 15th June 2009

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks
      Blog Entries

As we have had such a huge response to this thread, and we are still not quite sure of the actual amount of monitors that we have to give away, we will leave this competition open until midnight tonight. For those of you who haven't already entered, you have approximately 7 and a half hours left to get your entries in.

All entries received by midnight, will be kept until such time as we have the actual amount of monitors and then we will pick the winners.

You should hear from us via PM or email within the next few days, and I will post the winner's names in this thread.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

This competition has now closed. We had 60 entries in total, and would like to say a huge thank you for taking the time to enter, and to Sky for making this possible.

Once we have the exact amount of monitors made known to us by Sky, we will draw that number of names out of the hat so to speak and then contact you to let you know who has won, as well as publish the list in this thread.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

OK - Just a heads up.

Sky have got 12 of the monitors available, and out of those 12, 2 are for Glenn and I, which leaves us 10 to give away, as per the original post.

We will draw these 10 winners hopefully by the end of today. Once those who have won are listed, could you please PM myself with your Name and Address, so as I can forward onto Sky to send these out ASAP

Thanks
      Blog Entries

The results are in:

Congratulations to the following members of SkyUser who will each receive a Sky Electricity Monitor, courtesy of Sky.

• pheel
      • steve16751
      • mattylad
      • dholdi
      • GSMGuy
      • christ69
      • Scooby_Doo
      • psdmc
      • Isitme
      • joss

Could each of you please PM myself with your proper name and your postal address, so that I can forward this onto Sky, to despatch these asap

Once again thank you to all for entering and a huge Thank You to Sky for providing these prizes for us to give away.

We would appreciate it in the future, if those who have won one of these, could perhaps provide a little feedback on how much they currently spend, and what steps, whilst using the Sky Monitor, they have taken to reduce their energy usage.

Ged and Glenn

For those of you interested in how we chose the winners, Glenn gave me a list of 10 random numbers, ranging from 1 to 60 - I then matched them to the PMs in order of receiving them, in reverse so as to make totally random.

joss is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Adwick-le-Street
      Broadband ISP: sky max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HDmultiroom
      Thanks

Wow for once in my life I have actually won something of worth. Looking forward to getting this monitor and see If we can save on our massive electricity bill.

Thanks for running the comp Ged and Glenn

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Are these the ones that work using an inductive clamp that goes round the cables between the meter and the consumer unit? There is also a remote unit that gives the readings?
      If so they are quite accurate, British Gas gave me one and I comparied its readings with the proper meter. You'll have fun going round switching everthing off, But please, leave your router on

joss is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Adwick-le-Street
      Broadband ISP: sky max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HDmultiroom
      Thanks

From the looks of the image posted at the start of this thread Brian. I would say yes to your questions. Boy am I going to have fun making my adult children watch their consumption of everything in their rooms whilst I un-plug everything else.

each have in their respected rooms have the following

Widescreen LCD Tv and sky + box
      DVD player
      I pod and docking station
      Computer and monitor plus associated items and plugs
      Xbox elite 360
      Playstation latest one
      Wii
      Telephone
      Large fan.

Each would happily have the fan on full blast. The Tv playing away to its self whilst playing music via the ipod doc. Gaming on the pc.

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

And I bet they all moan like hell if you dont re-cycle everything "cos it's green" and with any luck, the wireless link between the two units will upset any wireless BB, so could be fun and games all round.
      Last edited by Brian69; 01-07-09 at 10:46 AM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast